Morrissey's periods

That sounds dangerous and romantic!

I never smoked. Nor did I drink. This is how it went when I was entering adolescence:

Mother: Do you drink?
Me: No.
Mother: Do you smoke?
Mother: Are you having unprotected sex?
Mother: So, what then?
Me: I'm going to wage a four-year campaign of surly, accusatory silence against you and Dad, during which my aloofness will serve as a scabrous indictment of your lives and the fallen world you brought me into. This period will be punctuated by brief flashes of Oedipal rage, existential resentment, and mindless up-is-down contrarianism designed to drive you toward insanity, alcoholism or both. When you accuse me of selfish rebellion I will not hesitate to lord my superior teenage intellect over you and when you've had enough of me I will sulk like an abused orphan.
Mother: Fine dear, just be home every night by ten.

You just described my teenage years (except for the Oedipal stuff). Except you have to throw in:
Parent (upon catching me watching MTV): You're not listening to these garbagemen in your car, are you?
Me: No. *mumbling* I just sneak out and watch 120 Minutes when you're asleep.

And I don't think I want to know this bit between y'all about Playmobil traffic cones.

You just described my teenage years (except for the Oedipal stuff). Except you have to throw in:
Parent (upon catching me watching MTV): You're not listening to these garbagemen in your car, are you?
Me: No. *mumbling* I just sneak out and watch 120 Minutes when you're asleep.

Bahahahahaha! Exactly. Am I watching Skinemax at 1 am on Sunday night? My brother's X-rated flick? No, I've got the f***ing VCR on "Pause" ready to record the new R.E.M. video. :guitar:

Yes, well, rebellion is hard to pull off without drugs, booze, sex, and other tools of the trade like fast cars, none of which I had. My array of weaponry was only what I had at hand. After about our third shouting match my mother finally countered, "Why do you keep saying I'm like her? And who is Emma Bovary, anyway?" :)

The Playmobil traffic cone-- a trauma from which I never emerged. In a sense it was a kind of...violent penetration against my will. The sexual symbolism of pre-school toys can be deeply scarring. My "virginity", as it were, was taken by a one-inch plastic cone painted in orange stripes, a shocking event complete with screams and blood (and Mommy). Try waking from that nightmare.

I probably shouldn't have laughed, but I did.

...After about our third shouting match my mother finally countered, "Why do you keep saying I'm like her? And who is Emma Bovary, anyway?" :)

You'll never guess what my IM name is.

And I don't think I want to know this bit between y'all about Playmobil traffic cones.

Don't worry, it went in his foot, not his ass.

Ahhhh Ronaldo.
That's nice.

I had an Italian tile setter working for me everyday for about three years.
Actually he was an Italian from Boston....

I liked to call him my tile bitch...oddly enough, he kind of liked that.

hmmmm

He was Mexican. I didn't think to call him my tile bitch, but I don't think he would have liked it. He seemed very wholesome.

Bahahahahaha! Exactly. Am I watching Skinemax at 1 am on Sunday night? My brother's X-rated flick? No, I've got the f***ing VCR on "Pause" ready to record the new R.E.M. video. :guitar:

This might be the first time I've ever been nostalgic for my teen years. I used to jerry-rig my double-cassette boom box to the VCR and make mix tapes from my weekly 120 Minutes recordings. They sounded like dogshit recorded from the bottom of a swimming pool, but I cannot listen to Material Issue's "Valerie Loves Me" or REM's "Losing My Religion" without getting misty eyed for those grubby, mushy, magnetic tape days.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it was Alton Brown who directed the Losing My Religion video, which brings my teen self and my middle-aged yuppie self crashing together in a surprisingly appetizing way.

This thread would be even worse if Trubs and Pregs shared the wine with me. Three tipsy women posting...plus whomever else!

Hmm...I do have some Kahlua up on top of the fridge. I wonder if it would taste good in Almond Milk.

This thread would be even worse if Trubs and Pregs shared the wine with me. Three tipsy women posting...plus whomever else!

Hmm...I do have some Kahlua up on top of the fridge. I wonder if it would taste good in Almond Milk.

ooh, yes, I think it would. Not sure if Kahlua is on the vegan-friendly-liquer list, but it's past ten pm and nobody's lookin'. I only have soymilk, though. That'll do. I have vodka, I could do a vegan White Russian.

ooh, yes, I think it would. Not sure if Kahlua is on the vegan-friendly-liquer list, but it's past ten pm and nobody's lookin'. I only have soymilk, though. That'll do. I have vodka, I could do a vegan White Russian.

:laughing:

I never really thought about Vegan-friendly alcohol.

Then again, I was a vegan who didn't drink. Now I'm a drinker but not a vegan. Hmmmm....

So what you're saying is I can have both?

That's sweet. Now I feel about about the jokes.

There was absolutely nothing wholesome about Italian Deon.

Nothing prevented me from watching him. ;)

What's so funny?

I never really thought about Vegan-friendly alcohol.

Then again, I was a vegan who didn't drink. Now I'm a drinker but not a vegan. Hmmmm....

So what you're saying is I can have both?

Yes, we can.

www.barnivore.com.

Back
Top Bottom