Moz the Cat

Why not indeedy, i love that sort of stuff. Especially the interviews and those GAWJUS piccies :D

dead boring but 'pip1974' just signed up and will fiddle with it later

he says he's not much of a dog person but didn't he have a dog also? at least there's a photo of him with a dog on his myspace page. I was always wondering how the hell he lives in a hotel with a dog.... so I guess it's not really his dog after all and he doesn't have any pets right now. which makes sense if you're sort of - homeless ;-)

I love this interview. My sister printed it for me. I loved the part where he talked about cats, my favourite animals. hehe. And of course the other parts too. It was a bit funny when he said he's not giving interviews 'cos of fans: "they know me". I personally love to read about him and hear about him. :D

This has turned into a thread about cats and ghosts. :D

I agree that it's a very good interview. It's so much better when the interviewer is friendly and Moz is relaxed.

I really like this part, it's very quotable:

"People are afraid of it because they see that there’s a truth in it, there’s a truth in it for all of us. We all have the feminine side to our personalities, and most people in American society want to deny it, and the locker-room jock is celebrated always, even though their attitude is absolutely thick and useless, but it’s always celebrated, it’s never criticized. The feminine side is associated with art, and it’s threatening because it’s associated with intellect, and superiority."

It’s surprising to me to hear him talk about ghosts, he has such a soft side! What a great man, he’s made me smile now :)
Morrissey seem to have been interested in spiritualism for many years (since he was a teenager, if you trust "Severed Alliance"). He talked about it in a few interviews before. Here's a quote from Johnny Rogan's new book (which isn't particularly informative BTW), it's supposed to be from a Q interview, but Rogan doesn't mention the date:

"I had an experience in 1984. I lived in a rented flat for a while and there was a definitely a presence and a friend of mine who is a medium came to the flat and I didn't tell her I'd had vibrations. When she came in she immediately went inot semi-trance, walked around every corner of the flat and stood outside the bathroom door and said, 'It's here'. It's coincidental that each time I'd stepped outside the bathroom, even though I'd always kept the heating on high, I'd felt a great chill. I found out that somebody had died in the flat - the usual story."

And don't forget that he used the extract from "Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in the Electronic Communication with the Dead" for "Rubber Ring".

Wait...why does it say financial problems between Morrissey and Mike Joyce have been settled? Did something happen that was never made aware?

Wait...why does it say financial problems between Morrissey and Mike Joyce have been settled? Did something happen that was never made aware?

i think it simply means steve has given up flogging a dead horse (and not before time).

not sure, but i think he'd exhausted all avenues of appeal

Morrissey seem to have been interested in spiritualism for many years (since he was a teenager, if you trust "Severed Alliance"). He talked about it in a few interviews before. Here's a quote from Johnny Rogan's new book (which isn't particularly informative BTW), it's supposed to be from a Q interview, but Rogan doesn't mention the date:

"I had an experience in 1984. I lived in a rented flat for a while and there was a definitely a presence and a friend of mine who is a medium came to the flat and I didn't tell her I'd had vibrations. When she came in she immediately went inot semi-trance, walked around every corner of the flat and stood outside the bathroom door and said, 'It's here'. It's coincidental that each time I'd stepped outside the bathroom, even though I'd always kept the heating on high, I'd felt a great chill. I found out that somebody had died in the flat - the usual story."

And don't forget that he used the extract from "Breakthrough: An Amazing Experiment in the Electronic Communication with the Dead" for "Rubber Ring".

Yeah, you're right, I remember reading the bits of ghost stories in the Severed Alliance and being equally surprised at his feelings on it all. I don't know why but I presumed he would be quite sceptical when it came to things like that, he seems such a realist, so down to earth in all other ways. But then maybe those are two different and unconnected attitudes. And I think also because I saw the Ouija Board video before I knew anything about his thoughts and I took it to be a complete mockery of the world of spiritualism and all connected with that world. I wonder just how seriously he does take it in fact?!

I love that extract on Rubber Ring, so eerie.

Does anyone know how much they were selling those at the concert for? I was wondering. Cause i thought that was funny, when they were free.

Does anyone know how much they were selling those at the concert for? I was wondering. Cause i thought that was funny, when they were free.

they were selling them!?!?!?!
all you had to do was walk one block away from the civic, look for LA weekly red newspaper box and take one...which is what I did.

it was an ok interview. Kate Sullivan was a bit too flimsy for me, and I don't know if she is the most competent person of that newspaper to interview him...just because she's an editor...aaaapfffff.

they were selling them!?!?!?!
all you had to do was walk one block away from the civic, look for LA weekly red newspaper box and take one...which is what I did.

it was an ok interview. Kate Sullivan was a bit too flimsy for me, and I don't know if she is the most competent person of that newspaper to interview him...just because she's an editor...aaaapfffff.

They had them in the corner of the civic center by a parking lot. Yeah. I got mine from the hotel i was at and than i got more on melrose too. :) I still wonder how much they were selling them for. I did see someone inside the show with one of them. Cause they had them in this plastic thing.

Back
Top Bottom