New Morrissey promo photo by Sam Rayner; Germaine Greer...?

37186821716_795e86f99a_o.jpg

new promotional photograph by the boy, shot at Le Fabrique.

Photo posted in the NME single article with credit info:

Morrissey, 2017 Credit: Sam Rayner/Press

Alternate version posted by unloveable:

40752_morrissey_press_germaine_greer.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing what a cheese-free diet will do for you. He doesn't look a day over sixty.

For sure, but some of those 'opinions' are so predictable you could time an egg by them.

Very hard boiled egg you could kill a person with. :eek:

The lighting is terrible on the photo... looks like he has two light sources, one at each side, that makes him look cross eyed and casts the worst shadows possible. If Sam had used a ring light or some form of flash in front it'd looks fine enough, but this just casts a weird shadow on his nose that makes his face look odd.. that said this is the most I've ever seen him look like himself from the 80s in recent time...

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the lights were directed on purpose towards his chest, that is, the name of Germaine Greer. It seems the aim of this photo was to make the focus on her. It's a visual statement.

So, god knows why, but here is a cropped but larger version of photograph, taken from his pr page ~

36948098840_3a993df56c_o.jpg

~ it's a perfectly pleasant photograph to these old eyes.
But have at it as you will, with another five pages of guff.
Before critiquing though, why not try one of two things
~ post a recent 'selfie'.
~ post a photograph that you have taken of someone else recently.

For all you bullshit-Baileys, the shot was taken on the 9th of August with a Nikon D4, at f/6.3, focal length 62mm, ISO 1600, no flash and tungsten lighting.

Observations ~ í would call that a 'Caesar Quiff'. And GG T is model's own (sharpie customisation).

Most men look better with wrinkles, after they've packed in trying to look "jaunty" and stepped into manhood. You just can't get fat.
He should keep his appearance craggy but fit. And barrel chested, but no rubber tyre in view. Like Robert Mitchum or an older actor who didn't get their face pulled. Don't go the Beck route and have your face turned into a puffy mask in an effort to look thirty-two. Botox is castration!!!!

This could have been hauntingly beautiful picture if left unretouched. Without the lines and wrinkles it looks like a rubber mask.

DKAZt9QW0AAE-f7.jpg

Why does Norm Macdonald look like Morrissey more than Morrissey looks like Morrissey?

I think he looks great in the photo! And anyway, if you look at some of the fan photos taken in Rome, from just a few weeks prior to when this one was presumably taken, he looks pretty much the same.

I think he looks great in the photo! And anyway, if you look at some of the fan photos taken in Rome, from just a few weeks prior to when this one was presumably taken, he looks pretty much the same.

I totally agree!
It's a great photo. All these petty, envious, denigrating and hateful comments about it here is saying a lot about those who make them.

The photo is great because he has "that" look in his eyes.
Just like the photo of Moz in his black shirt with in white " Je suis Morrissey" on it.
He looks right through you, his look touching the inner backside of your skull.
A charismatic man, indeed. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom