New songs in the setlist...

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
according to Mikey...

"Our first few shows (in the UK) have been stellar. Now we've been playing together for almost a year and the songs flow with ease and familiarity. I'm excited to play at Wembley, a venue I have heard so much about over the years. And new songs keep finding their way into the set list...stay tuned."

http://www.michaelkevinfarrell.com/

Peter

P.S Sorry if this is old news

according to Mikey...

"Our first few shows (in the UK) have been stellar. Now we've been playing together for almost a year and the songs flow with ease and familiarity. I'm excited to play at Wembley, a venue I have heard so much about over the years. And new songs keep finding their way into the set list...stay tuned."

http://www.michaelkevinfarrell.com/

Peter

P.S Sorry if this is old news

Hey Peter; that's not old news. Nice one!
I've been checking Mike's blog and hoping for an update but this is the first I've seen. Sounds like Moz and the band are gonna treat us to some 'new' songs in the next concert or two. Fascinating stuff!
Maurice
PS Make sure you know the words to Sweetie Pie, just in case!

I'm thinking "speedway" will be returning.

I think We'll Let You Know, Speedway or/and Now My Heart Is Full could creep into the setlist. Maybe all the tracks on the boy happy b-sides will appear, apart from Sweetie Pie!

Oh please... Christian Dior at Wembley...it just has to be done...

Would most of all, at the moment, like to see "I Knew I Was Next" or "Late Night, Maudlin Street". Probably sound like an american but I hope for some 2007 dates so I've got a chance to see him to:).

I was at Birmingham last night (2 rows back right in front of Moz) & it was an unbelievably good gig. I listened to the soundcheck from outside & the band, without Moz, did a full run-through of Speedway. Sadly though it wasn't in the set list.

I'd love to see 'Camden' performed live. Unlikely though I imagine. :(

so many to choose from.

Camden and Christian Dior should make their way into some setlists...

America is not the world, too...i hope he plays it in said country!

Me too, I'm pretty sure... ;)
Well not 100% of course, but they did Speedway during soundcheck in Glasgow, veeeery extensively.
That must mean something?!

I was just about to say that I saw it as extremely unlikely simply because of the fact he has played it so much. Don't get me wrong, this song is one of my favorites and I would love to hear him play it a thousand times, but I just didn't think it was likely. But he actually soundchecked it in Glasgow? How did you find out? Does anyone know of any other songs he has soundchecked but not played on this tour?

One of my predictions is We'll Let You Know because he played it a couple times earlier on in the year, and he loves it, the fans love it, and it sounds fantastic live from a performance on this tour I've heard. I doubt any new Smiths songs will be debuted though, but I wouldn't be surprised if a never-played-before solo song like Come Back to Camden made its debut.

National front Disco, has been an excelent addition to the current tour, Speedway could be a nice one too... Bengali in Platforms for me would be the best one... never played live...let´s keep our thingers crossed for some more surprises...

Last edited:
But he actually soundchecked it in Glasgow? How did you find out? Does anyone know of any other songs he has soundchecked but not played on this tour?

They also soundchecked Boy Racer and as I said Speedway.
I was there so that's how I know ;)

No November....... :(

Moz, if you're reading this ;) (worth a go!!)

I wish Morrissey didn't feel the need to play "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "First of the Gang To Die" at EVERY gig...they are kinda old by now....and "Girlfriend In A Coma" should go too...or at least if he keeps it add another Smiths song because "Girlfriend" is far too short...perhaps "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" or "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish"...

I would LOVE to hear "Speedway" again..."Jack The Ripper" never gets old, I just wish he would sing the last verse like he used to. I think it is about time for Morrissey to bust out "Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Yes I'm Blind"...but thats just me...

Back
Top Bottom