New songs in the setlist...

I wish Morrissey didn't feel the need to play "Irish Blood, English Heart" and "First of the Gang To Die" at EVERY gig...they are kinda old by now....and "Girlfriend In A Coma" should go too...or at least if he keeps it add another Smiths song because "Girlfriend" is far too short...perhaps "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" or "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish"...

I would LOVE to hear "Speedway" again..."Jack The Ripper" never gets old, I just wish he would sing the last verse like he used to. I think it is about time for Morrissey to bust out "Last of the Famous International Playboys" and "Yes I'm Blind"...but thats just me...

First off, while I love this song a lot and was just thinking about how much I want to hear him play it live, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish is just as short as Girlfriend in a Coma. I've always been saying/thinking for a long time about how I would love to hear Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others. Speedway will probably come back, but I think Jack the Ripper will sit out this tour because it was just played back in 2004. TLOFTIP just absolutely has to be played very soon. Yes I Am Blind I like quite a bit, but I unfortunately doubt he will play ever play it again. But I said the same thing about I've Changed My Plea to Guilty and Disappointed.

Also, about The Boy Racer thing, it's giving me high hopes for the next American tour. I would like to hear him open with it like he did on the Oye Esteban tour.

First off, while I love this song a lot and was just thinking about how much I want to hear him play it live, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish is just as short as Girlfriend in a Coma.

I know...that's what I was saying...I said he should only add that if he insists on keeping "Girlfriend In A Coma". If you combine "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" AND "Girlfriend In A Coma" OR "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" AND "Girlfriend In A Coma" it is like playing one "normal" length Smiths song as quite a few of them tend to be long...

But technically if you want to get into it:

Girlfriend In A Coma = 2:04
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish = 3:47
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others = 3:17

I can't believe he's doing Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice!! :D

Please, please, please let this be on the GMEX setlist.

My friend and I spent yesterday selling our souls to the devil, enjoying hair of the dog in a...(Scream bar), selecting festive detritus on the jukebox. Now my greatest dream isn't for Clarissa Dixon-Wright to be publicly flogged, or even to get to be the flautist on There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - it's for Moz to have one too many mulled wines backstage and break into a rendition of Mistletoe and Wine. Oh yes

I know...that's what I was saying...I said he should only add that if he insists on keeping "Girlfriend In A Coma". If you combine "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish" AND "Girlfriend In A Coma" OR "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" AND "Girlfriend In A Coma" it is like playing one "normal" length Smiths song as quite a few of them tend to be long...

But technically if you want to get into it:

Girlfriend In A Coma = 2:04
I Started Something I Couldn't Finish = 3:47
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others = 3:17

What version of I Started Something I Couldn't Finish is 3:47 long? But yeah I would love to see (or hear, rather) him add I Started Something and Some Girls, those two songs are ridiculously underrated and would sound fantastic live. The live version of Some Girls from their last gig is one of the best live songs I've heard by The Smiths.

What version of I Started Something I Couldn't Finish is 3:47 long? But yeah I would love to see (or hear, rather) him add I Started Something and Some Girls, those two songs are ridiculously underrated and would sound fantastic live. The live version of Some Girls from their last gig is one of the best live songs I've heard by The Smiths.

The album version from "Strangeways, Here We Come"...it is that long.

But yes, I agree the version of "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" is AMAZING and it would be wonderful to hear it with two gutairs going at it like it is supposed to be...Lol.

The album version from "Strangeways, Here We Come"...it is that long.

But yes, I agree the version of "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" is AMAZING and it would be wonderful to hear it with two gutairs going at it like it is supposed to be...Lol.

WHAT?! I have the album but can't find the CD right now and on my computer mine is only 2:06 long. It cuts off abruptly and I just assumed they edited out the part where he says "Ok Stephen, do that one again?" (or whatever he says, I've never heard it so I can't remember). I bought the CD exactly a year ago when I first became a fan and ripped it from the CD to iTunes. Was my CD scratched and it couldn't rip the whole song? This has really shocked me. Could someone upload the correct complete version for me?

I just checked the lyrics and mine ends before the second time he sings "I grabbed you by the guilded beams".

So this is all I hear:
The lanes were silent
There was nothing, no one, nothing around for miles
I doused our friendly venture
With a hard-faced
Three-word gesture

I started something
I forced you to a zone
And you were clearly
Never meant to go
Hair brushed and parted
Typical me, typical me
Typical me
I started something
And now I'm not too sure

I grabbed you by the guilded beams
Uh, that's what tradition means
And I doused another venture
With a gesture
That was absolutely vile

I started something
I forced you to a zone
And you were clearly
Never meant to go
Hair brushed and parted
Typical me, typical me
Typical me
I started something
And now I'm not too sure

I'm completely missing:
I grabbed you by the guilded beams
Uh, that's what tradition means
And now eighteen months' hard labour
Seems fair enough

I started something
And I forced you to a zone
And you were clearly
Never meant to go
Hair brushed and parted
Typical me, typical me
Typical me
I started something
And now I'm not too sure

I started something
I started something
Typical me, typical me
Typical me, typical me
Typical me, typical me
Typical me
I started something
And now I'm not too sure

Last edited:
WHAT?! I have the album but can't find the CD right now and on my computer mine is only 2:06 long. It cuts off abruptly and I just assumed they edited out the part where he says "Ok Stephen, do that one again?" (or whatever he says, I've never heard it so I can't remember). I bought the CD exactly a year ago when I first became a fan and ripped it from the CD to iTunes. Was my CD scratched and it couldn't rip the whole song? This has really shocked me. Could someone upload the correct complete version for me?

I just checked the lyrics and mine ends before the second time he sings "I grabbed you by the guilded beams".

So this is all I hear:
The lanes were silent
There was nothing, no one, nothing around for miles
I doused our friendly venture
With a hard-faced
Three-word gesture

I started something
I forced you to a zone
And you were clearly
Never meant to go
Hair brushed and parted
Typical me, typical me