New update on TTY!!!!!!!

My 9 y-o daughter is here with me now and she wants to say something to me and all of us, Morrissey fans, about this latest news: "(clears throat) Ladies and gentelmen in the Morrissey forum: I wanted to tell you that about a way not to feel so sad or so angry about the latest news most of us learnt, I say to you: Don't think about it, because if you do, you'll feel worse. It's like a mosquito bite, the more you scratch it, the more it itches. I think my advice is wise and I don't mean to brag by saying that. Bye bye!"

SHe is precisely right. thats exactly what i said but everyone's ignoring it in their soap opera induced agony!

Hey, I don't watch soap operas! Although, I had a silent chuckle today while in line to pay at Target. I saw a soap opera spoiler magazine at the checkout, and a teaser on the cover said, "GENERAL HOSPITAL: SOMEONE DIES!" I'm thinking, yeah, and? This is a surprise?

I'm sorry everyone. I've just had too much fun this summer. It's gone to my head.

Morrissey will play live again.

Very depressed that he never made it to Japan, or any of Asia, for this tour. The US fans have been very Very lucky. It's not the only market that always stayed true to him, but it's the biggest...

Morrissey will play live shows again -- it's his lifeblood. Be positive, maybe a break of a 2-3 years will give him time to finish that autobiography!

And it's amazing that for 75 million they didn't even demand all four members. Good - The Smiths will remain the only major band to never reform (aside from one's that physically couldn't, I mean)!

Seems like sad but understandable news. We all knew this was going to happen someday.

These special packages sound amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on the Hammerstein Ballroom tickets.

That's really sad. On the other hand: Whenever he'll come back to Europe (which I'm absolutely sure he will), he won't have so many songs from ROTT on the setlist, which is a good thing...in my eyes at least :)

http://www.true-to-you.net/

Atlanta show added!!!!!!!! But it's a poignant, happy/sad update!

:o

While any info "straight from the horse's mouth" is appreciated, there was no mention of presale dates / passwords for any of the "regular" gigs nor was there any indication of (non-VIP) on-sale dates.

Is the password presumably still GREATESTHITS? Anyone on here tight with Julia where we could confirm this?

Cheers,
Jamie

Calm Down people...

Take some damn Tranquilizers and relax...

Do you not understand what "Forseeable Future" means?

It means..."Before the next album is released"

It's basically to shut up everybody else who thinks he's going to play any more dates after these ones....

He's been on tour for what, 18 months...

LET THE MAN REST

He is not going back to play in The UK
He is not going to Australia
He is not going to China....

He is going back to wherever he calls home...and he's going to chill and drink some martinis and relax for a few months...and then when he's good and ready he will start work on his next album...

That's really sad. On the other hand: Whenever he'll come back to Europe (which I'm absolutely sure he will), he won't have so many songs from ROTT on the setlist, which is a good thing...in my eyes at least :)

Ohhhh you are not alone. we are a minority, us not enthralled by ROTT; but we're a SMART bunch of minorities ;)

There's no way this is his last tour.

Think about it. Moz has far too keen a sense of drama to play his last show in Atlanta. No offense to Atlanta or fans who live there, it is a very fine city, but it has no more meaning to Moz than any other city.

Surely, he would play his final show in either Manchester or in Los Angeles.

Also, the fact that he has at least three new songs on tour, and there are rumors of new sessions starting, is encouraging as well.

Place me firmly in the optimist camp.

Welcome aboard, fellow optimist. I believe I am the leader of the optimists. :p ;)

I wonder how this will effect our views of the next tour. Will everything get all dramatic again "OMG, now it REALLY is the end!" (I am honestly not mocking anyone's reaction to the news.) But I wonder if things will seem more like the end then. Or maybe we will all breathe a sigh of relief at the event of him going on tour again, so we completely forget about the possibility of the next tour being the last one? And maybe he will then retire, and no one will be thinking of it?

And may I just add: Please, please, please, please BOOTLEGGERS!!! Come through for those of us who can't be at the shows!!! Especially those historic nights in L.A. and N.Y. I want those shows on YouTube first thing the next morning!!! ;)

While any info "straight from the horse's mouth" is appreciated, there was no mention of presale dates / passwords for any of the "regular" gigs nor was there any indication of (non-VIP) on-sale dates.

Is the password presumably still GREATESTHITS? Anyone on here tight with Julia where we could confirm this?

Cheers,
Jamie

am I the ONLY person that goes to TTY and does NOT see this horror inducing information? I just see tour dates.

Hahah, before I clicked on the link all I read was "No!!" and "The end?!" haha I was very confused for about ten seconds.

I won't be able to go to any of the shows (I spent all of my $$$ on a prior commitment, hahaha)

but I very much dislike the idea that I'll never get to have a second chance. :eek:

Welcome aboard, fellow optimist. I believe I am the leader of the optimists. :p ;)

I wonder how this will effect our views of the next tour. Will everything get all dramatic again "OMG, now it REALLY is the end!" (I am honestly not mocking anyone's reaction to the news.) But I wonder if things will seem more like the end then. Or maybe we will all breathe a sigh of relief at the event of him going on tour again, so we completely forget about the possibility of the next tour being the last one? And maybe he will then retire, and no one will be thinking of it?

you know what, K? he'll probably tour until he dies or ends up in a wheelchair. because stages aren't very handicap accessible. and even then he'll still make records. "I hate pruuune juice it makes me puke"

Thank you, Mel Torment, Kuiper, and Comtesse! I needed someone to hold my hand there for a second, and you guys kept me from totally falling apart a minute ago. :p

I agree that deep down, I don't think this is The End.

Okay, I left to take a dip in the pool.

I'm glad you're alright now! See you at the frinky frink thread then!

I need to get Nico's The End song outta my head! It's driving me mad.

Ok everyone *deep breaths* We're all freaking each other out here. I agree with bogdana, he will tour until he can't tour no more. Oh and the To Me You are a Work of Art parody about the prunes is classic! :)

I don't get it.....all over? What???? Not the retirement rumour again. My god no.....

We're going to have to start a new frink thread in a few years when he tours again...geriatric frink!!!

"Wow, doesn't he look so sexy waving his cane at that whipper snapper?"

I don't get it.....all over? What???? Not the retirement rumour again. My god no.....

Maybe Julia is playing a practical joke on us. Tomorrow, it will be, "Surprise! Kidding! Hey, stop throwing things! Here are 120 more shows dates, including BooFoo, Egypt; the McDonalds' at 136th St. and Cicero Avenue in Crestwood, IL; and a command performance in London for HRH the Prince of Wales. Oh, and Santiago, Chile!"

Back
Top Bottom