Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully he'll rest up for as long as he needs. Then get his albums back - replace the Miley bits with someone less likely to torpedo everything and then release on a new label.
Then when he's ready - the Comeback Special shows!

There’s a lot of bloviating entitleds on here who have no respect for boundaries and human dignity of artists. Your purchase of a ticket doesn’t guarantee you the right to know if Morrissey is suffering from anything really be it true physical exhaustion, an emotional issue, hemorrhoids or some other scourge. Hopefully you will get your refunds.

Plus, you can discuss without being cruel to him, members of his band and his family. Or maybe you can’t because you are common and have no conscience like many sociopaths before you.

There’s a lot of bloviating entitleds on here who have no respect for boundaries and human dignity of artists. Your purchase of a ticket doesn’t guarantee you the right to know if Morrissey is suffering from anything really be it true physical exhaustion, an emotional issue, hemorrhoids or some other scourge. Hopefully you will get your refunds.

Plus, you can discuss without being cruel to him, members of his band and his family. Or maybe you can’t because you are common and have no conscience like many sociopaths before you.
I do think we have band members dropping by and they know they suck

giphy.gif

I've had a very different experience. I have personal experience of M.E., and I also know many people who have suffered/continue to suffer from it, my partner was Chief executive of Action for M.E. and I worked for years for a charity that held residential weeks to try to help sufferers. The vast majority have considerable pain I can assure you. The treatment of sufferers has been an absolute scandal and continues to be so for many patients. It is vital to their sanity that the sufferers' experience of symptoms is at least accepted even if so little is still done to properly understand alleviate the illness by mainstream medicine, but unfortunately patients are still widely gaslit by the medical profession and society in general. It is still widely thought that it is mainly 'fatigue' - hence the ridiculous understatement of calling it 'chronic fatigue syndrome' which has only served to belittle its severity, for who in the modern world does not sometimes have fatigue? The pain is severe and many are given high strength painkillers to try to numb the pain but the longterm use of these drugs can cause many more physical problems and complications. Fibromyalgia as I understand it has many similar symptoms and is also extremely painful. The medical establishment does like to divide and rule of course.
If they had the same symptoms - as you are suggesting - then why wouldn't there be one illness and not two... If you have pain that's significant and they diagnose you with M.E. they've probably gotten it wrong. It happens all the time. A lot of a GP's job involves percentage play guesswork and circumstantial evidence building.

Both fibro and M.E. patients get treated like absolute crap. Many of my friends are doctors and consultants and I have studied in the medical field before, so I know that the major characteristic that sets M.E. and FMS apart is the pain aspect. I know all about severe pain and morphine/fentanyl/oxycodone prescriptions. Anyway, it doesn't matter. You don't want either of them if you can help it.

Last edited:
Oh Moz! Is this what happens when you neglect your mental and physical health for 20 years (and some)? Move back to the UK. Buy a country estate. Do a few select concerts a year. Collect cats and dogs.

:)

If they had the same symptoms - as you are suggesting - then why wouldn't there be one illness and not two... If you have pain that's significant and they diagnose you with M.E. they've probably gotten it wrong. It happens all the time. A lot of a GP's job involves percentage play guesswork and circumstantial evidence building.

Both fibro and M.E. patients get treated like absolute crap. Many of my friends are doctors and consultants and I have studied in the medical field before, so I know that the major characteristic that sets M.E. and FMS apart is the pain aspect. I know all about severe pain and morphine/fentanyl/oxycodone prescriptions. Anyway, it doesn't matter. You don't want either of them if you can help it.
I definitely agree you don't want either of them if you can help it!

I meant I think the 2 conditions - fibromyalgia and m.e. - have many symptoms in common, not that they have the same symptoms. I have known people diagnosed with both. Also Long Covid has many similarities with M.E. but the link is not made by many. I think it suits the medical establishment to keep relabelling and separating conditions in different ways to stop the large number of sufferers forming a powerful pressure group. Certainly M.E. is very often post-viral, as is Long Covid, and there are so many symbols and issues in common. .
In the end the labels for many illnesses are umbrella terms and there is much error I expect in diagnosis and a huge amount unknown. I can only repeat that M.E. really does include serious pain as a symptom and it is not that a person with M.E. with severe pain has misdiagnosed fibromyalgia. I know that M.E. is incredibly painful for many sufferers. I agree the GPs often resort to guess work and I would not expect the average GP to know much about these conditions or be able to diagnose to to help - which is awful. Which is simply a disgrace really.
I realise there are many different views and much controversy and disagreement and this only compounds the suffering. But I can only repeat that in all the research I have done both anecdotal and personal and in medical studies M.E. absolutely involves pain, neurological, physical and emotional, often to a very high degree.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 23.53.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 23.53.44.png
    767.6 KB · Views: 0
He needs to see everyone of these comments, he needs to stop living in a world that has long, long gone. He needs to ditch the flares, he needs to get his hair done in Turkey, get some colour back in it, bring back the specs so he can see how shit his band are and a hearing aid so he can hear how bad they are, actually no forget the hearing aid, that might really make him depressed.
You say "he needs to stop living in a world that is long, long gone" and then proceed to say, "he needs to get his hair done in Turkey, get some color back in it" isn't that the complete opposite as stop living in a world that's long gone? 🥲 He's going backwards dying his hair. Just sayin'.

Also I love his flares, leave his pants alone.

Have you seen Noel in the news this week?, not sure if its his divorce or staying in that hotel drinking and eating too much but he suddenly looks very bloated and not so chipper, shall we say.
Regarding Moz and his drinking, i wasn't really aware he had a problem at all until this last year or so. Alcohol destroys people, i hope they can both sort their shit out.
If your awareness is based on participating in discussion threads, see below.

Personally, I’ve never bought into the idea of Morrissey being an alcoholic. From where exactly are you getting your information? It seems very much out of the blue (the plane incident was one isolated incident).
One isolated incident

I don’t believe he’s an alcoholic either.
One swallow doth not a summer make.
neither do i ,this started with skinny years ago when everytime M posted something on central the first thing skinfkint would say was hes drunk,the more you say something then eventually it will catch on and the hoarde mentality goes with it and thats whats happened here.
noel gallagher said he likes a drink but bono was a real hard boozer,does that mean bonos an alcoholic as well.
skinny started it
There are some bizarre theories doing the rounds on here that are clearly not the case. Let me address them:

1) Morrissey being an alcoholic. This is highly unlikely. He didn't drink when he was in the Smiths and failed to go out to the pub with other band members. He took a dim view of the others getting Craig Gannon drunk on the latter's birthday. Admittedly he wrote, "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour..." but then he also wrote that "what she asked of me at the end of the day, Caligula would have blushed." Clearly both are imaginative statements and a case of 'I is another'. He doesn't slur his words on stage or appear on chat shows sozzled like Oliver Reed.
2) Morrissey being in a downward mental spiral. Unlikely. He's clearly been through bad patches before such as when the Smiths broke up and when he left the Bowie tour. He survived these miserable interludes and is likely to have built up mental resilience due to overcoming past traumas.
3) Morrissey has ME. Unlikely. He shows clear energy on stage, prancing around, ripping his shirt off etc

The most likely scenario is that he's simply tired. He travels a lot, is sixty-odd and is probably feeling his age a bit.
Moz is actually physically exhausted, after fitting in some unscheduled travel, to Mike Hinc's funeral and things we know not of.
Lord the derangement on here is astounding!! I’m the idiot for flying in from England?? That may well be but I’m a big girl who can deal a little disappointment. Sitting around all weekend diagnosing the man is a different level of idiocy. You are all here because you admired something about Moz at some point in your lives yet you completely rip him to shreds with every move he makes. I hope for his sanity he doesn’t see any of these comments. I will catch him another time & I bet I’ll enjoy it…until then I wish him well.
A different level of idiocy.

A lot of bloviating entitleds :head-smack:

I need a drink myself now after trudging through all that :swear

Last edited:

One isolated incident

skinny started it

Moz is actually physically exhausted, after fitting in some unscheduled travel, to Mike Hinc's funeral and things we know not of.

Cheers, my friend.

This wise man once sang, "I don't owe you anything"
Enough said.
'Enough said'...well, not exactly...aren't the next two lines of the song:

'But you owe me something,
Repay me now' (emphasis added)

If you are implying in this case, which I think you are, that Morrissey would be the one saying to us 'I don't owe you anything', then the next two lines would be our response. Obviously Morrissey wasn't referring to money here, but can you see a bit of the irony? (if irony is the right word).

One isolated incident

skinny started it

I am not really sure why you take every single thing said about Morrissey so personally, it's a bit mental.
That airplane footage shows someone who has a problem with alcohol, and his drinking is well documented.
There is nothing shameful about it if he is an alcoholic, but you make it seem like there is shame in it by trying to defend it. If he does have a problem, hope he gets help.
He is probably surrounded by enablers exactly like you, it doesn't help him, you only do this to feel important, as if you have some special insight into Morrissey. Give it a rest.

I am not really sure why you take every single thing said about Morrissey so personally, it's a bit mental.
That airplane footage shows someone who has a problem with alcohol, and his drinking is well documented.
There is nothing shameful about it if he is an alcoholic, but you make it seem like there is shame in it by trying to defend it. If he does have a problem, hope he gets help.
He is probably surrounded by enablers exactly like you, it doesn't help him, you only do this to feel important, as if you have some special insight into Morrissey. Give it a rest.

Spot on.

Thank you, it's really tiresome
But is it really well-documented, though? I’ve been a staunch follower for more than 20 years and I can’t say I’ve read many things about his drinking. And stories about debauchery is otherwise very common in rock’n’roll, as we all know.

But is it really well-documented, though? I’ve been a staunch follower for more than 20 years and I can’t say I’ve read many things about his drinking. And stories about debauchery is otherwise very common in rock’n’roll, as we all know.
There was the incident on the plane last year. There was Noel's comment about Morrissey throwing down a pint of vodka. Is there more than that? Sure, there's lots of erratic behavior that could cause some to wonder if it's alcohol-fueled... but as outsiders can we say it's fact?

I don't have an opinion either way.

Back
Top Bottom