Places to stay in Manchester? Help needed ASAP

PoetAzul

Hey Guys, I am flying from Los Angeles to London on Wed. I get there Thurs for the show in Manchester at the Apollo on Sat, can anyone give some help with a place to stay in London? then Manchester?

Also whats the best and most economical way to get from London to Manchester? This is my first time to the UK. Any and all help would be great.

QUE VIVA EL MOZ!!!!

Manchester

There is a Holiday Inn near ish I stayed there last time I went to The Apollo. I think the nearest one is a travel lodge or something (helpful).

London to Manchester and hotels

The cheapest way is by National Express (our version of Greyhound!) It will take about 4-5 hours but is cheap. Coaches leave from Victoria Bus station
Train will be a lot more expensive but only take about 2 and a half - 3 hours. You would want the train from Euston Station to Manchester Piccadilly.
Had you booked a few weeks ago you could have got a cheap flight from Heathrow to Manchester but they will be expensive now.

As for hotels..... good luck as Take That are playing at the MEN Arena the same weekend!
Try any of these
Travel Inn Metro
Diamond Hotel (on Hyde Road, Gorton - near the Apollo)
Campanile Hotel (near the Salford Lads Club on Regent Rd, Salford)
Premier Lodge
Ibis Hotel

Google any of them and see what they have - the Diamond in Gorton is very good value for budget stays.

The Goat

The Apollo is only a short bus ride (192 from Piccadilly), or cheap taxi from the city centre, so get a room there. You may find many rooms already booked, as there are a few big gigs on in town that night (don't ask!).

If you want to splash out? Try the Lowry, or Radisson Edwardian. If on a budget, then one of the IBIS (Portland St best located), or Premierlodges (Mosely St, I think?).

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom