Pop up Mporium shop at Sugar Mutts, NY (Sep. 24, 25, 2016) - Morrissey Official / Facebook

It's his life, and he can do what he wants, but I'm uncomfortable with this. They say "A fee and % profit will go to Sugar Mutts.", which means that this seems to be a commercial exercise on the back of the charity. Why not say they will give 100%?

39101_sugar_mutts.jpg

UPDATE Oct. 2:

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi:

Scenes from Morrissey's Mporium pop-up at Sugar Mutts Rescue - Metro

39181_morrissey2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually he'll have a merch store at the gig like he always does. This is not a replacement. It's additional. Unless he gives ALL proceeds to the charity, it's additional money making on their premises.
Just give up on this one. Everyone knows you look for every excuse to put down Morrissey, and you've asked for examples several times. Here is an example.

Sometimes Morrissey is wrong, but you're clearly wrong here and numerous people have explained why.

Will the animals at Sugar Mutts benefit from this? Is that the goal?
Yes, to both. Will they benefit in years to come by association? No one can say but most likely yes. Sugar Mutts probably has their own merchandise and you know how Morrissey's fans like to collect things associated with him.
Give up. You're just making every other anti-Morrissey post you make look like you have some sort of petty grudge and that the issues you raise are just excuses.

Since I've been living in the US, I've adopted two shelter dogs. There's an enormous problem here with people refusing to spay or neuter their animals or (worse) somehow "forgetting" that those puppies can grow to be 60 pound dogs. Anyway, glad this will hopefully either get some dogs adopted or allow the shelter to have a better chance at caring for the dogs they do have.

It's true about people not thinking ahead. Our last adoptee was returned twice for being a loud breather. You would think if you knew anything about pugs you'd know this about the breed

I wonder how he chose this charity.

Off the top of my name I'd say, its name? :straightface: (Is there a pun in "sugar mutts" ? If so, it's lost on me.)
Look, I don't want Morrissey to give all the money to the charity.
I'm aware that you have to pay the goblins that make the pillowcases from unicorn hair, it's highly skilled labour and highly expensive material, it's not as if these pillowcases cost virtually nothing to make and these Mporiumists got a huuuuge margin from selling them, yes, I do realize all that.

I just like percentages. Is that wrong?
For instance, if Damon read this, I'd ask him to please ask his :menholdinghands: what the very different percentages of dog-trolling and dog-loving are, in this instance. I reckon 18, 62, and a fat cat somewhere got the rest. Am I close? :)

It's just for my personal statistics, it's really nothing to get upset about.

As for the person saying Morrissey isn't cheap when it comes to animals, I'd say that's up for debate.
Maybe in another thread sometime. It's probably too soon to discuss these things. :straightface: We don't want to cause a kerfluffy and stop him from going to China to rescue future chowmein chowchows. No . You do what you have to do, Morrissey. Your mission on this earth is more important.

Meanwhile, may the bots and haters be united in pet-loving!:praying: Aaamen.

What is he supposed to say in advert? All proceeds less overhead, variable, fixed costs, to be donated to charity? That sounds dumb. I am sure Morrissey will make sure they get a good donation. He isn't cheap when it comes to animals.
All proceeds less overhead, variable and fixed costs is called profit... so, yeah, he could just say all profits go to the charity. I agree with most people on here though- something's better than nothing and, really, who cares? I doubt either Moz or the charity is making tons of money off the endeavor. If the shelter and Moz are in agreement about the arrangement no one is being taken advantage of so it's a non-issue. I'm sure, for the shelter, it's more about getting their name out there than it is about being able to buy another pallet of dry dog food.

Last edited:
im sure he will be taking his customary whopping cut. charity is all the rage this year when it comes to scams.
you make beaucoup :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: and then look like a philanthropist by tossing some chump change :constructionworker:

:cool:I just got a new, revolutionary idea.

Why doesn't he just sign them a big cheque? Besides giving them the twelve cents from the pop up thing?

Too avant-guarde? I know, I know.
"I guess I just wasn't made for these tiiiimes..." :tears:

:cool:I just got a new, revolutionary idea.

Why doesn't he just sign them a big cheque? Besides giving them the twelve cents from the pop up thing?

Too avant-guarde? I know, I know.
"I guess I just wasn't made for these tiiiimes..." :tears:

and downgrade to 4 star hotels? you must have lost your mind. the purpose is to look like mother theresa while upgrading to the six star hotel. dont be a coconut.:crazy: dont be the guy with the balloon.:guardsman::balloon::balloon:

And the charity is making money that it otherwise wouldn't, and hopefully with the exposure more animals will be helped. Sounds like it's a win-win situation.
Careful Tingle3, Solo does not like sensible and reasonable posts like this one...you will get a reputation as a trouble maker. Also, could you please add 23 superfluous and infantile emoticons to all future posts, just so that you fit in. Thanks.

So basically he's now selling his own autograph and tacky t-shirts at various doghouses.
That amateur film footage from Manchester wasn't a free gift at all, though the munchkins will swear blind it was. That footage was just Steve trying to pitch himself to a recording industry that can't be arsed with him anymore.
The funny thing is though it's now become really entertaining watching him and his career in its comedy era, busking around and he arse of the world with the Lawnmowers performing chugg-crock tribute hits from his Slim-Stevey era. Even the prop up shop only sells slim-trim tacky shit.
" Oh but don't mention wood ! No ! No ! Don't mention timber ! "

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Also, could you please add 23 superfluous and infantile emoticons to all future posts, just so that you fit in. Thanks.

omg!!! omg!!o.m.g.

U.r. so.kute and grumpy, it's JUST
SO
a-do-rable !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! !!!

It's his life, and he can do what he wants, but I'm uncomfortable with this.

Of course you're "uncomfortable with this" - it's Morrissey and we all know this increasingy daft site has an anti-Morrissey agenda.

Do you have the agreement/contract with Sugar Mutts in front of you? Of course you don't. But don't let that stop you spinning the story to cast Morrissey in a bad light.

(yawns)

Dogs are for life not just for Christmas and certainly not for selling fading pop performers tacky
Merhanshite.
THIS IS NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY BEHAVIOUR.
STOP ABUSING STRAY DOGS.

If the pop up has to open then open it at the local record store.

I know the allure of Morrissey:he is sexy, smart, the voice, the jaw..but how does this all so sideways? Benny is the evil spawn of this, this thread is weird as hell. It is just a pop up shop for a few days and using his name to bring attention to charity. And don't get me started on Brummie.

So why doesn't he just say he'll give ALL proceeds to the animal charity? As I said, whichever way you look at it, he's making money off the back of the charity.

OR you could say a charity will be making money off this event. Can it not be a win-win for both sides?

" Do I like butter !"
The 4kin pop up daylight robbery shop seems to be popping up a little to often now.
Somebody please tell me it's a bad dream. (L O L Buzzcocks :laughing:)
Something tells me all is not well if 'we're' having to resort to cunning plans like this.
This is what happens when you don't listen to good advice.
Should have sacked the Lawnmowers years ago.
I think it might be to late to get on this years I'm a celebrity but you never know.
Basically there is no interest now, he's pushed the music industry to far and it's come back and bit him right on his humasexual bum cheeks.
He's now reliant on Marred and the gang, the botz and the munchkins to keep him in cheese, eggs and butter.
Everyday is chug rock day !

Pop up shop :rofl:
In this year of the reaper let us pray he comes quickly to put an end to all this embarrassing shit.

:whip::rofl::rofl::ha-no:

Back
Top Bottom