Pop up Mporium shop at Sugar Mutts, NY (Sep. 24, 25, 2016) - Morrissey Official / Facebook

It's his life, and he can do what he wants, but I'm uncomfortable with this. They say "A fee and % profit will go to Sugar Mutts.", which means that this seems to be a commercial exercise on the back of the charity. Why not say they will give 100%?

39101_sugar_mutts.jpg

UPDATE Oct. 2:

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi:

Scenes from Morrissey's Mporium pop-up at Sugar Mutts Rescue - Metro

39181_morrissey2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the allure of Morrissey:he is sexy, smart, the voice, the jaw..but how does this all so sideways? Benny is the evil spawn of this, this thread is weird as hell. It is just a pop up shop for a few days and using his name to bring attention to charity. And don't get me started on Brummie.

Please remember that in this year of the reaper there is still a few months left to make amends !
Let us pray !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

He's not making money off of the charity. He already has/had pop up shops and makes money off of the merchandise he sells in them. Deciding to take one to a animal rescue and give money to them doesn't make him any more money. Probably less than he did in a place like the lads club. He doesn't really benefit from it being at the shelter. No more promotion than his previous shops and no ones going to buy more shirts because it's at a shelter. Thee only ones who really benefit are the animals. More so than if he didn't take it there

if hes making as much scratch from the animal shelter pop up as he did from the lads club pop up then things are not as they ought to be....and very regrettable.

He's not making money off of the charity. He already has/had pop up shops and makes money off of the merchandise he sells in them. Deciding to take one to a animal rescue and give money to them doesn't make him any more money. Probably less than he did in a place like the lads club. He doesn't really benefit from it being at the shelter. No more promotion than his previous shops and no ones going to buy more shirts because it's at a shelter. Thee only ones who really benefit are the animals. More so than if he didn't take it there

Of course he is. This is additional to the merch store at the gig. And if he's not giving all the money to the charity, he's making money at their premises. What else do you think will happen to the money?

Of course he is. This is additional to the merch store at the gig. And if he's not giving all the money to the charity, he's making money at their premises. What else do you think will happen to the money?
A. He rented the space
B. He's giving a portion of the proceeds
C. There are costs involved. The way it often works is that the merchandise is handled by a separate entity who gives the performer their cut. Do you know it to be different with Morrissey?
In other words, some company makes a contract with Morrissey's representative and they handle everything. Now it's possible that Morrissey buys all the merchandise directly and hires people to run the booths, but that is not typical.
Even if that were the case there are costs involved. I get the feeling that you think the price of a product is 100% profit. Should the people working the merch not get paid?
D. This is not #parisforprofit part deux
E. troll harder
But because I'm a nice guy let me help you out with your hand-wringing outrage. Any donation he makes will be tax-deductible, and all the stuff is probably made in sweatshops, which probably employ children who work instead of going to school, or possibly even prisoners who work for free. You should look into this and you might be able to keep this thread going another 10 or 15 pages.

D. This is not #parisforprofit part deux

Well a PFP parte dos would be suicide, as he hasn't settled the bill for part one yet.
If it was up to me he'd simply get all his toes cut off by a Triad member good with sushi knives...
Fate, however, might not prove so merciful. There might actually be Hell to pay. Who knows...

But he could add another store anywhere and keep all the money. No ones buying more because it's at a shelter and he doesn't benefit by doing it this way anymore than if he open a shop in the street. He's if anything loosing a slight bit of money to help a charity that's probably pretty appreciative of the exposure and funds. He's not making money off the back of the charity because the charity doesn't help him in anyway make the money. At the very least it's incidental to him making money. Sure you can always say give more, give everything and no matter how much you do give someone next to you will say you should be doing more. Hell we could all probably be doing something right now for charity rather than typing on a morrissey themed board but we're not and that doesn't make us horrible people. If someone's doing anything for a charity they should just receive praise to whatever degree. I agree people should be encouraged to do more but I don't think they should be berated for not doing as much as someone else thinks they should. Hell we could all stop at this very moment indulging on what our fav pop star is doing and be talking about animal shelters adopting senior animals how we can give ourselves posting links to the shelters we use to promote them but instead we're spending our time talking about how others aren't doing enough

will copies of the rider be available for sale? that is an item that is surely to sell out quickly.

if the prices at the animal shelter are the same as they were elsewhere then we can give Moz a pass. not a slap in the back and a hearty handshake but a pass.
however, if prices are higher the it implies hes making the same huge sums that he would make elsewhere just a marketing ploy to increas sales, and find lucrative pop up store locations. it would be a money grab.

But he could add another store anywhere and keep all the money. No ones buying more because it's at a shelter and he doesn't benefit by doing it this way anymore than if he open a shop in the street. He's if anything loosing a slight bit of money to help a charity that's probably pretty appreciative of the exposure and funds. He's not making money off the back of the charity because the charity doesn't help him in anyway make the money. At the very least it's incidental to him making money. Sure you can always say give more, give everything and no matter how much you do give someone next to you will say you should be doing more. Hell we could all probably be doing something right now for charity rather than typing on a morrissey themed board but we're not and that doesn't make us horrible people. If someone's doing anything for a charity they should just receive praise to whatever degree. I agree people should be encouraged to do more but I don't think they should be berated for not doing as much as someone else thinks they should. Hell we could all stop at this very moment indulging on what our fav pop star is doing and be talking about animal shelters adopting senior animals how we can give ourselves posting links to the shelters we use to promote them but instead we're spending our time talking about how others aren't doing enough

Oh really? How cute that you believe that.

I feel the need to counter act the hate on this thread with love. Morrissey, love you!!! :flowers:

Nobody would report on Morrissey setting up a merchandising stand at his concert. Some newspaper or magazine however is going to report on this and somebody will see it together with the picture of early 90s Morrissey and be reminded that Morrissey might be somehow in town, there are tickets to be sold and well, while we are at it, memories of 25 years ago, why not go there and get a t-shirt.... Morrissey? Of course he doesn't get free publicity, sells more tickets and merchandise through this, doesn't he. In addition he is associating himself with his past glories when he was hyped in the USA around 1992 - his last years didn't actually go that well with the cancellations, the not so well received albums, the novel that English native speakers found unreadable - and makes himself once again look like somebody who cares. It is Morrissey's way to point away from his mistakes and give a positive impression. Just like he uses other people when he has f***ed up an interview or has shit boiling for another reason to wash it away with images of fan adoration, fans who are extras in Morrissey's life movie, exchangable like toilet paper, but don't notice that they are. Morrissey could get a dog out of the shelter and give it to Nancy Sinatra, have newspapers and magazines report on it and donate some money without selling anything there. The charity would still get its publicity and money, but Morrissey wouldn't be selling the merchandise with a percentage of it flowing into his own pocket. And let's not forget that most of his merchandise have his name and/or image on them so that's additional PR for him as people are walking around as his personal billboard. Oh, and the dairy on the tour rider, this will perhaps make the vegans forget about this as well.

Repeatedly making no sense in this thread and ignoring logic because you're bent on finding fault in a kind gesture. Proof.

I see. I have done nothing but state fact. Making sense is subjective. But I shan't fault you for that. It may be you can't help it. Sadly. By the way - I see you have been on a ratings rampage. I do hope you feel better for that.

I see. I have done nothing but state fact. Making sense is subjective. But I shan't fault you for that. It may be you can't help it. Sadly. By the way - I see you have been on a ratings rampage. I do hope you feel better for that.
Please point to one "fact" in any of your posts in this thread. It's all supposition. You ignore my posts because you can't answer them so I marked your posts "troll" because this is a troll thread.
The facts are, again, that the charity benefits. You stated that Morrissey is making money off of the backs of a charity. I pointed out that this is not true, but you ignored that and kept trolling.
Again, I challenge you to point out a single "fact" that backs up your claim that Morrissey benefits monetarily from this arrangement. Otherwise, you're trolling.

Skinny you cannot hide behind semantics. Everything you have posted over the past 18 months has a hateful and negative agenda. As soon as people question your thinking or motivation, you respond by questioning their mental capacity or by offering a tirade of teenage abuse.

At least Benny and Brummie are open in their hatred towards everything Morrissey does or says.

It has been questioned many times, but why on earth do you invest so much time and energy into a singer you clearly dislike? You are all about the logic and facts, but your behaviour is the most illogical most of us have ever witnessed.

If you don't like him, forget he exists. Move on, go away and listen to somebody else. Your views are not going to change anything, so stop wasting your remaining days irritating people with opinions nobody wants to read. Unless that is your remit?

Skinny you cannot hide behind semantics. Everything you have posted over the past 18 months has a hateful and negative agenda. As soon as people question your thinking or motivation, you respond by questioning their mental capacity or by offering a tirade of teenage abuse.

At least Benny and Brummie are open in their hatred towards everything Morrissey does or says.

It has been questioned many times, but why on earth do you invest so much time and energy into a singer you clearly dislike? You are all about the logic and facts, but your behaviour is the most illogical most of us have ever witnessed.

If you don't like him, forget he exists. Move on, go away and listen to somebody else. Your views are not going to change anything, so stop wasting your remaining days irritating people with opinions nobody wants to read. Unless that is your remit?

Well said, I agree with you 100%. Skinny, Benny and Bummie clearly wish it was still 1986.

The fact is that Skinny has no idea of the precise nature of the Sugar Mutts agreement - he sneers "why not give 100% to charity?", but what about the wholesale costs of the actual merchandise? Skinny's opening line made me roar with laughter - "It's his life, and he can do what he wants" - and yet he and Benny and Bummie spend their entire lives here prescribing and proscribing exactly what Morrissey should and shouldn't be doing with his life! The abject lack of self-awareness from these three individuals is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom