Richard Attenborough dies - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Link posted by an anonymous person (original post):

Richard Attenborough dies - true-to-you.net
26 August 2014

"I was thrilled beyond words to have met Richard Attenborough, who, of course, played Pinkie in Brighton Rock (1947), a central theme of my song Now my heart is full. When I met Sir Richard he was delightful, and I asked him if Brighton Rock seemed like a hundred years ago. He replied 'Oh, much more than that ...'.
I also had the extraordinary pleasure of meeting the recently deceased Lauren Bacall ... so beautiful, so cautious ... and so sad that her death was overshadowed by that of Robin Williams. It was Lauren, not Robin, who changed motion picture history. Yet modern media has an odd way of forgetting the more senior servers of the arts. Dora Bryan, whom I knew personally in the late 80s, and who also died in recent weeks, had pitifully slim attention from the British news media, yet her talents were a treasured staple of British life throughout the 1950s, 1960s and beyond. Dora had agreed to introduce the Smiths onstage at the London Palladium in 1986, but at the last minute her agent asked for a fee which we, the Smiths, just couldn't afford.
However, in our X-factory society, it seems that anyone who has NOT appeared on Big Brother just isn't worth remembering by the British media ... alas."

Morrissey.

Related media:

Last edited:
Richard Attenborough's death is yet another opportunity for grave-robber & cultural appropriator / magpie par excellence "Morrissey" to covet the corpse and add it to the list alongside Lou Reed, The Ramones & various obscure drag artists & actresses.

What a prat! Can someone gas this twerp? It's now clear that the whole WPINOYB 'engage brain with consensual reality' was either a fortunate error or a total scam. He's back to what he does best/worst: dissing, throwing shade, being The Consumer Media Troll. He looks like a troll, talks like a troll. He is a troll. Gas the f***er's career. Destroy it. Go my lovelies....fly! Consider that another edict/fatwa. Terminate. I won't be rescinding this one. Enough is truly enough....

He's once again a figure of ridicule. I bet Harvest are sighing an avalanche of reliefs at not having to put up with the troll a day longer. It's amusing to read how other's are throwing some serious diss'n'shade his way. The days when the press fawned before this tin-pot pseud are well & truly over. Praise Jayzus for that, even as you throw your copy of WPINOYB into the Oxfam bag as it's now an unlistenable Corporate Rock Careerist Re-Make Fraud Artefact rather than any genuine change of heart/mind as it first appeared to be: until Morrissey opened his arse-gob and spewed this latest projectile high-velocity fecal spray at discerning listeners. He's clearly beyond hope. Why on earth would he destroy his career? Again? I am choosing to find this all a rather humorous interlude in Morrissey's descent into oblivion. Hoepfully, he'll turn the cooker on tonight and gas himself or f*** off to Dignitas after making an arse of himself at that chicken-dinner Abigail's Party club he's signed up for.

With every good wish
[Yours in stiches of laughter at the mad loopiness of Late Phase/End-Stage of Morrissey's Career Suicide]

"BrummieBoy"

Time to change my Signature!

"he spends most of the rest of the post humble-bragging about how he had met Attenborough and Bryan when they were alive."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6229463/morrissey-robin-williams-death-lauren-bacall

"before making one of his trademark unnecessarily mean-spirited comments."
Everyone is entitled to his and her own opinion. When it comes to Morrissey, however, maybe he'd be best vocalizing his thoughts into an empty broom closet instead of on the Internet.

http://www.spin.com/articles/morrissey-robin-williams-death-criticizes-lauren-bacall/
Don't get too excited about Spin and Billboard's writers.....don't over react to Morrissey's missive's from the bunker.

You read his book, you know how he feels about forgotten celluloid heroes like James Dean and Kirk Douglas.

Morrissey has more in common with Robin Williams than he's willing to admit...I'm sure. Just listen to "Asleep"....

Of course Morrissey's neurotic...but he's got his art, and you love it. Compared to what Henry Rollins said, this is nothing,... and I mean nothing.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too excited about Spin and Billboard's writers.....don't over react to Morrissey's missive's from the bunker.

You read his book, you know how he feels about forgotten celluloid heroes like James Dean and Kirk Douglas.

Morrissey has more in common with Robin Williams than he's willing to admit...I'm sure. Just listen to "Asleep"....

Of course Morrissey's neurotic...but he's got his art, and you love it. Compared to what Henry Rollins said this is nothing,... and I mean nothing.....

It's nothing but a redress. Get over it.

So he's not a fan of big brother and the x-factory yet he is happy to rub shoulders/share a stage with "Tom the voice judge Jones" !
He'll always be everybody's Tosser now.

Julia you and your silly site are not helping Steven by posting pissed up ramblings, if you really care about him and his career just be brave and say no to the silly old tosser.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Keeping in character, what Morrissey should have said about Robin Williams (while subtlety endorsing suicide to boot):

I did not know Robin on a personal level. This week he is dead. I can only hope, for Robin, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides him with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Robin was a man action, who now knows the soul of the world.

Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Richard Attenborough died. The constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.​

Keeping in character, what Morrissey should have said about Robin Williams (while subtlety endorsing suicide to boot):

I did not know Robin on a personal level. This week he is dead. I can only hope, for Robin, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides him with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Robin was a man action, who now knows the soul of the world.

Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Richard Attenborough died. The constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.​

I don't think he was endorsing suicide when he spoke of Margaret.

Maybe it's time to have a discussion about ending one's life by choice.

I don't think he was endorsing suicide when he spoke of Margaret.

Are you wearing blinders there buddy?

meet-batlamb--the-superhero-sheep-136389840026310401-140502140328.jpg

Maybe it's time to have a discussion about ending one's life by choice.

There is a thread in the Pigsty on suicide. Knock yourself out.

Are you wearing blinders there buddy?

http://home.bt.com/images/meet-batlamb--the-superhero-sheep-136389840026310401-140502140328.jpg[/IMG

There is a thread in the Pigsty on suicide. Knock yourself out.[/QUOTE]

There's a big difference between endorsing suicide and accepting it.

I think I'll pass on that thread....seen and thought about it enough for whatever's left of my life.

I think it's very telling that Morrissey mentions Williams death but doesn't really talk about it. Too close to home maybe.

There's a big difference between endorsing suicide and accepting it.

I think I'll pass on that thread....seen and thought about it enough for whatever's left of my life.

I think it's very telling that Morrissey mentions Williams death but doesn't really talk about it. Too close to home maybe.

Why suggest discussing suicide then state you have already thought about it enough? Are you stoned?

By the way, what do your fellow firefighters think of your Moz obsession? What does your wife think? Is she a fan as well?

Why suggest discussing suicide then state you have already thought about it enough? Are you stoned?

By the way, what do your fellow firefighters think of your Moz obsession? What does your wife think? Is she a fan as well?

I was thinking more in terms of society at large.....not the people here on SoLow. I don't ever get stoned.

She was a fan before me. At work I keep my art appreciation to my self.

For f*** sake, you have absolutely no finesse at all. You cannot just lay into people like that
Who gave you the god almighty thumbs up to judge people?

You probably can't get stoned right? Random drug tests? If it were legal, would you take a few hits on a day off the job?

So you are a closeted fan?

Yes.....and Yes.

Back to Robin Williams, a few years back he made a movie..."World's Greatest Dad". I thought it was terrific but I don't know anyone that saw it. I guess it was a big flop.

It was labeled a comedy but it wasn't. There was so much truth in it and I think that somebody like Morrissey would really like it.

When Morrissey speaks on TTY he evidently just speaks his mind and I don't take any of it too seriously. Just like Henry Rollin"s rant about Robin Williams....I just knew that was coming from a place of fear and vulnerability and anger. Now he's apologized and hopefully we'll all learn something from this.

Yes.....and Yes.

Back to Robin Williams, a few years back he made a movie..."World's Greatest Dad". I thought it was terrific but I don't know anyone that saw it. I guess it was a big flop.

It was labeled a comedy but it wasn't. There was so much truth in it and I think that somebody like Morrissey would really like it.

I haven't seen it either. Will keep my open for it.

When Morrissey speaks on TTY he evidently just speaks his mind and I don't take any of it too seriously. Just like Henry Rollin"s rant about Robin Williams....I just knew that was coming from a place of fear and vulnerability and anger. Now he's apologized and hopefully we'll all learn something from this.

Very well stated. :)

Oh, I saw your new profile pic. Is that the thinner, younger, hairier you? I like your jeans.

I'd rather read Morrissey throw all my favorite artists and musicians under the bus than read one sentence of you pretending to write like Morrissey or convey his thoughts. #creepy #passthevomitbucket #fantasyland

I haven't seen it either. Will keep my open for it

Very well stated. :)

Oh, I saw your new profile pic. Is that the thinner, younger, hairier you? I like your jeans.

Ten years ago...tight jeans. My hands are up....don't shoot!

Last edited by a moderator:
For f*** sake, you have absolutely no finesse at all. You cannot just lay into people like that
Who gave you the god almighty thumbs up to judge people?

I can say and ask whatever I please darling. He is not obligated to answer. That he did, shows he has a pair.

Geez, the bitterness of his statement just jumps off the page.

He sounds like the has-beens he mentions. They are no longer relevant to most unlike Robin Williams to my generation.

Good Will Hunting was on TV the other week and Morrissey should watch the movie, it might change his view on Robin Williams' talent. I cried during 'it's not your fault' scene of Robin and Matt Damon, it was sad and painfull to watch and those scenes are crucial: it's one of those special scenes that make a movie and I won't forget during my entire life. So thank you Robin Williams. You touched alot of people.

Geez, the bitterness of his statement just jumps off the page.

He sounds like the has-beens he mentions. They are no longer relevant to most unlike Robin Williams to my generation.

Good Will Hunting was on TV the other week and Morrissey should watch the movie, it might change his view on Robin Williams' talent. I cried during 'it's not your fault' scene of Robin and Matt Damon, it was sad and painfull to watch and those scenes are crucial: it's one of those special scenes that make a movie and I won't forget during my entire life. So thank you Robin Williams. You touched alot of people.

I wish he'd understand that he's endorsing the morals of the 60-85 demographic who don't have buying power and chastising the generation's cultural icons who do. You know that feeling when one of your fave musicians says they like another musician you like and you get all warm and fuzzy about it and want to continue to align with them since you have common interests? Morrissey doesn't play that angle and he could so easily. Some things he should keep to himself, if he really hates all movie stars today he should keep that to himself becuase it isn't going to help album sales. Do we love him becuase he's outspoken? Yes. Do we often go 'Ohhhh mozzer. There you go again." Yes. But when he's wondering where the sales are he should turn to the retirement communuty he's aligned himself with and ask why they haven't asked their great grandkids to download his mp3 for them.

I'm under the impression he doesn't hate today's stars, he's just stuck in a "And the good ol' days..." shaking his fist rant which has a time and a place, preferably not directed at your target audience with loads of iTunes credit just waiting to blow it on something.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom