Santa Ana stand-off details - PAWS and We Are Scientists respond

UPDATE 5:00PM:

Link / excerpt posted by BrummieBoy:

Morrissey Denies Allegations That He Demanded Cancellation of Show Taking Place at Same Time as His in Nearby Venue - Pitchfork

Update: A representative for Morrissey says: "Morrissey had nothing to do with this. As long as there was no sound bleed, Morrissey was completely fine with another show going on inside the same complex."

Read this fully. Morrissey's tour manager acting like an arsehole, according to the band, and a six-figure sum deposited with Moz, according to the promoter. It's all a little odd.

Morrissey and PAWS Shows Go on Despite Alleged Cancellation Threats - Spin
But Scottish band claims further drama involving the Smiths singer's camp

Excerpt:

According to PAWS, as news of the earlier Facebook post spread, the promoter for Morrisey's show called saying that Morrissey might cancel and this would horrible for the venue. So the band took yesterday's post down. They somehow ended up getting their set rescheduled to just after Moz's set, rather than being canceled altogether. But they say Morrissey's promoter then called again, now insisting PAWS apologize, which the band considered "absurd."

Finally, PAWS claim the Smiths icon's tour manager "confronted" the band's Phillip Taylor and Josh Swinney in the dressing room, "ten minutes" before they were to go on stage. He allegedly screamed at them about all the attention being given to this story. Then PAWS went out and "did our best to kill it for the 30 mins we had in the lights."

Link and excerpts posted by BrummieBoy:

Morrissey called 'ego maniac' after spat with We Are Scientists and PAWS - The Independent

...it quotes a few tweets from "We Are Scientists" who seem as unimpressed with Team Morrissey as PAWS:

Excerpt:

As of yet, there has been no response statement from Morrissey or his team. But We Are Scientists’ Chris posted a follow-up message suggesting that the eventual solution – moving their show a little later – was fair.

“Moz fans wouldn’t have been able to hear a lick of what they’d paid to see,” he said. “Both bands on our bill play at nuclear volume and it goes right through walls.

“Putting on the two shows simultaneously would be like screening a mumblecore film and a Michael Bay movie in theatres divided by a cotton bed sheet.”

However, We Are Scientists’ tweets after watching Morrissey’s set seemed to suggest that “The Great Escape” singers are still seething.

"The @itsmorrissey show was the laziest, most milquetoast piece of shit I've ever had the misfortune of suffering through ten minutes of."

Spent the first 20 minutes of @itsmorrissey set wondering how they got a luau pig into a TopShop blazer. Then I realized IT WAS MORRISSEY!

Turns out the reason @itsmorrissey doesn't want competing noise is that it might clue people into what singing in tune sounds like."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
David, have you ever gone into a show with some sort of disguise. hat glasses etc. that would be funny

Yes, it's true, security politely denied me entry and the tour manager confirmed the ban is in effect. I've made several changes to the site since then and thought it had blown over so have been going to shows, if anything so I can do my job here.

It's possible flames got re-ignited with the mixed response to the new songs and publicity for the PAWS story.

Anyway, from now on it's 'catch me if you can' :lbf:

you should have worn a wig and a fake nose

Well, I'd be interested in knowing the veracity or otherwise. If Thewlis knows for sure, maybe they could share the source of the good news. I'd sure like to know.

P.

Why? To quote somebody, What Difference Does It Make? I thought it was a low thing to post as a news story at the time and judging by the response to the thread I wasn't the only one. If that was me and it was true/ untrue I wouldnt be at all happy, regardless of any celeb status I may or may not have. Some things don't deserve to be speculated upon. It's common decency.

P. Which Morrissey rarely displays blah blah blah...

Why? To quote somebody, What Difference Does It Make? I thought it was a low thing to post as a news story at the time and judging by the response to the thread I wasn't the only one. If that was me and it was true/ untrue I wouldnt be at all happy, regardless of any celeb status I may or may not have. Some things don't deserve to be speculated upon. It's common decency.

P. Which Morrissey rarely displays blah blah blah...

Well then I'd like the rumour to be quashed. If there's info that will quosh it, it's be great to see it. I haven't the first idea if it's true or not. I'd love to see proof it isn't. I've previously posted that I hope Morrissey sues the source of the 'reveal'.

P.

Well then I'd like the rumour to be quashed. If there's info that will quosh it, it's be great to see it. I haven't the first idea if it's true or not. I'd love to see proof it isn't. I've previously posted that I hope Morrissey sues the source of the 'reveal'.

P.

Why though? Why do you want the rumour quashed? Why? Concern? Morbid curiousity? So you can sell the news to Heat magazine? I dont understand.

And even if Morrissey has the AIDS why should he have to tell the world? To set an example? Its his business, no other f**kers (apart from maybe sexual partners)

As he probably hasn't then I'm sure you're fully aware of his modus operandi when thinkning somethings are beneath his contempt and unworthy of a response

There are borderline cases, you feel strongly about this and it's your opinion, I disagree. I don't know, you can keep holding on to this one item but keep in mind just about everything is covered on this site, good or bad. What else doesn't meet your approval or does everything else meet your approval? As I always say, 'we don't cook it, we just serve it.'

Why though? Why do you want the rumour quashed? Why? Concern? Morbid curiousity? So you can sell the news to Heat magazine? I dont understand.

And even if Morrissey has the AIDS why should he have to tell the world? To set an example? Its his business, no other f**kers (apart from maybe sexual partners)

As he probably hasn't then I'm sure you're fully aware of his modus operandi when thinkning somethings are beneath his contempt and unworthy of a response

Firstly, I would like the rumour quoshed purely and simply from a humanistic standpoint, it's always nice to know someone's well, as opposed to not well. And secondly, the mere act of reporting on something posted elsewhere does not mean implicit endorsement or agreement. Otherwise Huffington Post are f***ed.

P.

Last edited:
Just as I boycotted the book and the dvd I will also not purchase the "miracle follow up to viva hate" .
Very sad news David he really needs to grow up

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Little men with little bands with little Twitter accounts making little digital parps.
This "spat" with Morrissey is the most press you will ever receive in your musical careers. Savour it.

Exactly what I was thinking, King Leer. They're milking this for all they can get, which undoubtedly will be the most they ever get.

The security happened to spot me, and he showed me a picture he had on his cell phone. I guess some things don't change. Security were polite about it and actually did try to get a refund but I have to go through Ticketweb. They did seem a bit sheepish and reminded me how nice they were and not to 'blog' about it.

They reminded you how 'nice' they were? Do they usually carry baseball bats?

So, having prevented you from attending a public event on spurious grounds, they then conveyed a message about your rights to online freedom of speech? Interesting....was that off the top of their heads or from HQ, I wonder?

Did you book a ticket online in your own name or buy it open market? You probably won't get a refund if the latter. If the former, why didn't they just give a 'list of banned persons' to Ticketmaster and the rest?

WPINOYB is now "Freedom Of Speech Is None Of Your Business".

We are scientists are an ok band but their tweets were pathetic, like children crying because someone took away their toy. Pathetic.

I have been pondering another star who has as poor a reputation as Morrissey. I genuinely cannot think of one. Can anyone nominate a star whose PR is as continually disastrous?

There are borderline cases, you feel strongly about this and it's your opinion, I disagree. I don't know, you can keep holding on to this one item but keep in mind just about everything is covered on this site, good or bad. What else doesn't meet your approval or does everything else meet your approval? As I always say, 'we don't cook it, we just serve it.'

There's good, there's bad and then there's the downright ugly. Thats my opinion. I just think its hardly surprising when such unsubstantiated hurtful gossip is posted as a "news" item that such an action will have a reaction. And now I'm mindlessly speculating :)

But i am sorry you didn't see the gig. I'm flummoxed as to why you keep on investing so much time into the site though if the reason of our affection/ attention holds you in such disdain.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Tyr taking a Welsh flag and a pair of soiled pants into the LA show, with a big inflatable daffodil on your head. Pretend you're Tom Jones biggest fan!

David, have you ever gone into a show with some sort of disguise. hat glasses etc. that would be funny

"Are you wearing chin-putty?"

qSid9By.png

P.

Surely spreading the vile Aids-rumour didn't help.

Funny, that was my first thought as well. That was completely indefensible and the frequent retorts "WELL WHY DON'T YOU PROVE MORRISSEY DOESN'T HAVE AIDS" were just asinine beyond belief. Unless you are somebody's doctor you can't really prove or disprove anyone doesn't have a disease. Besides it is a logical fallacy to make a claim without evidence and than demand others "disprove" you.

David poses no more of a threat to the goals of Morrissey's program than the people eating street meat and burgers waving their hands for a handshake and tackling him on stage.

Ha good suggestion.

I keep doing the site because I believe it is that good and getting better, regardless of what the subject thinks of it.

There's good, there's bad and then there's the downright ugly. Thats my opinion. I just think its hardly surprising when such unsubstantiated hurtful gossip is posted as a "news" item that such an action will have a reaction. And now I'm mindlessly speculating :)

But i am sorry you didn't see the gig. I'm flummoxed as to why you keep on investing so much time into the site though if the reason of our affection/ attention holds you in such disdain.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Tyr taking a Welsh flag and a pair of soiled pants into the LA show, with a big inflatable daffodil on your head. Pretend you're Tom Jones biggest fan!

I have been pondering another star who has as poor a reputation as Morrissey. I genuinely cannot think of one. Can anyone nominate a star whose PR is as continually disastrous?

Justin Bieber? At the very least celeb.answers.com doesn't waste significant gobs of money advertising to me on Facebook " Ten reasons why Morrissey is a bad role model and you should shun him forever."

And who can forget the long saga that was Axl Rose? At least none of Morrissey's cancellations incited riots and when he doesn't cancel he shows up on time--not when his psychic adviser tells him the stars are properly aligned. That didn't really stop Axl from getting to record the most expensive album in history.

Back
Top Bottom