Morrissey Central "SHAKE THE HAND THAT SHOOK THE HAND" (January 5, 2024)

Meetings most prized, when the
pleasure and privilege was mine:
pressing palms, exuding charms;
times gone …
by Morrissey

full

Joan Collins and Anthony Newley.

1.Anthony Newley
2.Richard Attenborough
3.Lou Reed
4.Peter Wyngarde
5.Nancy Sinatra
6.David Bowie
7.Nico
8.Tom Jones
9.Marianne Faithfull
10.Richard Davalos
11.Eve Arden
12.Dick Gregory
13.Joan Collins
14.Cliff Richard
15.Luchiani Pavarotti
16.Ennio Morricone
17.Pat Phoenix
18.Mick Ronson
19.Iggy Pop
20.Martin Sheen
21.Pete Townshend
22.Mick Jagger
23.Jeff Beck
24.Al Martino
25.Victoria Wood
26.Joel Fabiani
27.Patti Smith
28.William Shatner
29.Rita Tushingham
30.Alan Bennett
31.David Bailey
32.Mel Gibson
33.Elaine Stritch
34.Vanessa Redgrave
35.Buffy Sainte-Marie
36.Paul Simon
37.Johnny Carson
38.Cathy McGowan
39.Kenny Lynch
40. Eartha Kitt
41.Jackson Browne
42.Joni Mitchell
43.Charles Pierce
44.David Johansen
45.Johnny Thunders
46.Mavis Nicholson
47.Leee Black Childers
48.Lauren Bacall
49.Dora Bryan
50.Joan Sims
51.Melvyn Bragg
52.Marc Bolan

Joel Fabiani and Peter Wyngarde in Department S

Last edited by a moderator:
Some definite surprises on this. Mel Gibson? Pete Townshend is the standout revelation. I didn't know Morrissey had much interest in the Who, but maybe he just liked Townshend's persona when he met him.

Didn't Tom Hanks go backstage to meet Moz once? And Joaquin Phoenix and Heather Graham (Hollywood High blu-ray). Not to mention Alan Bennett. What about Dirk Bogarde? I know Johnny Depp lived next door in L.A. but blanked Moz so no handshake there.

Didn't Tom Hanks go backstage to meet Moz once? And Joaquin Phoenix and Heather Graham (Hollywood High blu-ray). Not to mention Alan Bennett. What about Dirk Bogarde? I know Johnny Depp lived next door in L.A. but blanked Moz so no handshake there.
Well surely it's not an exhaustive list, just a most prized list. I doubt Heather Graham would make it on such a list.

What in the world? He's Morrissey, can't he meet anyone he wants? Anyway, little anecdotes of each meeting would make a nice book.

Ehhh what about Sinéad O'Connor and Brett Anderson. And Robert Smith & Mark E Smith whose hands he shook as he tried to line them up to get shot with the one bullet. That list is only half a list. What about Larry King. Jonathan Ross. Cornelius Carr (where we have PROOF of hand shaking on the Boxers video). Awww come on!

The meeting with Tom Hanks didn’t go so great, if I recall correctly (someone wrote about it). Or I should say it didn’t seem to go well for Tom Hanks. Morrissey was perfectly happy to ignore him.

Anyways I hate to be pedantic but you're nobody unless you've shook the furry paw of General Ursus from Planet Of The Apes (and lived to tell the tale). Ursus likes humans so long as they know their place so he and our Moz would get along well.

Was Luchiani Pavarotti a relative of Luciano's?

Some definite surprises on this. Mel Gibson? Pete Townshend is the standout revelation. I didn't know Morrissey had much interest in the Who, but maybe he just liked Townshend's persona when he met him.
I'm sure there was once a rumour of doing a cover of 'Can't Explain' by The Who and also a mention of wanting an Alan Whyte co-write on Maladjusted to sound like The who.

We still need to name among others :: singer of Rem, the fool of Russell...?.,Johnny Marr ha ha, ha, haha, Leo Garcia!! ha ha Lady Gaga.. How many would like to be on the list of those photographed with Morrissey? I do

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom