Speculation - new album recording in January 2024?

Unfortunately Morrissey's death is possibly the only way any of his unreleased music will get out of its box once he's dropped in his. The record companies will cash in to the max!

I don’t think so. Everything has been re-re-re-released to death. What can record companies do? Release another greatest hits album?

I don’t think so. Everything has been re-re-re-released to death. What can record companies do? Release another greatest hits album?

yes.

Morrissey will be alive and praised through his art long after you’re dead and forgotten.

Fact.

yes.

Morrissey will be alive and praised through his art long after you’re dead and forgotten.

Fact.

Oh please, what nonsense you speak. Moaning Myrtle is just a pop singer, he’s no Mozart. His fanbase is rapidly dwindling. His album sales are low, his concerts rarely sell out anymore. His legacy is one of downfall.

You may think Moaning Myrtle is the Second Coming of Christ, but that’s because you’re a zealot. Good luck with that.

Oh please, what nonsense you speak. Moaning Myrtle is just a pop singer, he’s no Mozart. His fanbase is rapidly dwindling. His album sales are low, his concerts rarely sell out anymore. His legacy is one of downfall.

You may think Moaning Myrtle is the Second Coming of Christ, but that’s because you’re a zealot. Good luck with that.

I’m simply stating a fact. Twist it how ever you want.

Mmm not sure about that if wikipedia is a thing in years to come, people will read about the positives and not so positive things about him.

Sure, as they do now. He’ll always have an audience. As where I don’t think Gaylord will.

Unfortunately Morrissey's death is possibly the only way any of his unreleased music will get out of its box once he's dropped in his. The record companies will cash in to the max!
This is true. He should do a Reggie Perrin, and fake his own demise. Everybody loves you when you're dead - previously hostile critics will be singing his praises, The Guardian will release a special '100 Reasons Why We Always Loved Morrissey' supplement, the record labels will be fighting with each other to release his material, 'Everyday is Like Sunday' will be reissued and hit Number 1 in the UK, and Johnny Marr and Billy Bragg will be leading tearful tributes on the evening news.

Morrissey can remain in hiding in his attic for a month, soak up the adulation he's always craved, then re-appear to be instantly cancelled and hated again, and carry on his bitter war with humanity.

It's a perfect scenario. :tiphat:

His fanbase certainly dwindled a lot with all the For Britain etc. nonsense.
It probably hasn't dwindled since 2020 though - if anything it will be slowly growing (as a new generation discovers his stuff) but still way off what it was pre-2018.

Moaning Myrtle is on this website on a daily basis.

If you were him, wouldn’t you?

Or do you think he spends all his time writing well thought out intricate lyrics like Notre Dame?

He’s online many hours a day. That’s what makes him such a bitter old grouch.

He should go for long walks or take piano lessons. That would turn his frown upside down!

This is true. He should do a Reggie Perrin, and fake his own demise. Everybody loves you when you're dead - previously hostile critics will be singing his praises, The Guardian will release a special '100 Reasons Why We Always Loved Morrissey' supplement, the record labels will be fighting with each other to release his material, 'Everyday is Like Sunday' will be reissued and hit Number 1 in the UK, and Johnny Marr and Billy Bragg will be leading tearful tributes on the evening news.

Morrissey can remain in hiding in his attic for a month, soak up the adulation he's always craved, then re-appear to be instantly cancelled and hated again, and carry on his bitter war with humanity.

It's a perfect scenario. :tiphat:
Everybody Loves You When You're Dead should be Morrissey's next album title that does not get a release.

I have a friend who is in the music industry, he knows someone who lives near Moz and knows labels in LA, NY, London and the EU. My friend himself has met Moz twice... told him I would be eternally grateful if he got Mozzer a record deal, here's hoping! 🙏😍

Heard paralell but different: heard pretty reliable speculation that Boz and Alain may be be rejoining for a few East Coast (US) gigs in early 2024. This was from a club manager who had hands in the Boston area scene for many years in the 80's (Spit, The Channel, the Rat). This guy said he expects a few 30th anniversary dates of Vauxhall in entirety with the album's original guitarists joining Jesse and Brendan. If true? Would sell out the Orpheum in a second in Boston.

Idk how true it is. The guy correctly predicted the return to touring of Blink 182, but failed on a Kinks (at least a Ray and Dave) reunion gig.
Those were clubs for when someone was up and coming or for local bands, but a lot of famous bands went thru those clubs, then to The Paradise. Morrissey would play somewhere much bigger than those and I don't even think they are around anymore. The Orpheum was usually the next stop after The Paradise and I think it's about a little over half the capacity of the last place Morrissey played here last December, which was the new place near Fenway and I think it's capacity is 5,000. Paradise is about 1,ooo, Johnny plays there when he's here.

Moaning Myrtle needs to take more time to record his albums. Half his songs sound like unfinished demo’s. Lyrically they don’t add up and musically? Smiler with knife for example. What a mess that song is. Or Israel, which doesn’t make any sense lyrically. All the young people? The list of crappy demo versions is endless.

He only takes a month to record an album. It’s all half assed slapped together. Put some effort into it, Moaning Myrtle. Or just retire.

Weeks to a month is pretty standard for most big bands. Studio time is expensive, labels make deadlines. While you're welcome to your opinions, out the ass you speak.

Weeks to a month is pretty standard for most big bands. Studio time is expensive, labels make deadlines. While you're welcome to your opinions, out the ass you speak.

Hahahahaha. Thanks for introducing yourself as the new village idiot on Myrtle-solo.com. Now go away, you silly goose!

Pure speculation, but there's a nice gap in the touring schedule between Aukland (December 14th) and Mexico (Feb 3rd). Does anyone think Morrissey might take the new band into the studio to record a new LP in January?

Who would people like to see as the producer - Chiccarelli again, or someone else? What kind of direction would folks like to see for the next studio record?
From what I’ve heard of the new material, definitely a move towards “ Your Arsenal “ vibe is most welcome.

Back
Top Bottom