Strange/unexpected Moz references?

From 'The Guardian' today, interview with Michael Bublé ~

"What's the worst thing anyone ever said about you?

Morrissey said once, "Fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become like Michael Bublé – famous and meaningless". I just thought, "I wish I could be as successful as Morrissey."

:eek: Bitch!

From 'The Guardian' today, interview with Michael Bublé ~

"What's the worst thing anyone ever said about you?

Morrissey said once, "Fire in the belly is essential, otherwise you become like Michael Bublé – famous and meaningless". I just thought, "I wish I could be as successful as Morrissey."

:eek: Bitch!

LOL! Bublé managed to shift obscene amount of CDs, but no one will remember his song in five years time.

I even don't know any Bublé songs.

LOL! Bublé managed to shift obscene amount of CDs, but no one will remember his song in five years time.

I even don't know any Bublé songs.

He seems like a nice enough fella.

One of the most WTF? moments I had recently was when someone told me about a Michael Bublé tribute act. That's just too post-modern for me...

One of the most WTF? moments I had recently was when someone told me about a Michael Bublé tribute act. That's just too post-modern for me...

Yeah, he seems a nice guy, but I'm not going to spend any money on his output.

The "problem", if that's one, is that most of the people whose heels he nips at can't be bothered playing his game and probably just think he's a loony nobody.

"Fire in the belly? That's not fire mate, that's an ulcer." was probably the sort of answer he was looking for...

It must feel so lonely. He should just hire a chap to say to him all those things that all the other celebs don't.
Hell he's probably waiting for Maggie to say something back.:lbf:

Poor chap...'S not easy being Morissi.

This is not a reference but more a source. I couldn't find the appropriate thread but there must have been one in the past.

Anyway, it maybe well known but this is news to me. I think Morrissey may have swiped some inspiration for the lyric

"Spending warm Summer days indoors
Writing frightening verse
To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg"

from Fellini's 1973 film Amarcord.

About half an hour in there is a conversation about a telegram.

Man 1: Lallo, read the telegram "White Feather" got from Stockholm.

Man 2: "Come immediately, I cannot live without you. Inge." Is she the bucktoothed one from last summer?

This is not a reference but more a source. I couldn't find the appropriate thread but there must have been one in the past.

Anyway, it maybe well known but this is news to me. I think Morrissey may have swiped some inspiration for the lyric

"Spending warm Summer days indoors
Writing frightening verse
To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg"

from Fellini's 1973 film Amarcord.

About half an hour in there is a conversation about a telegram.

Man 1: Lallo, read the telegram "White Feather" got from Stockholm.

Man 2: "Come immediately, I cannot live without you. Inge." Is she the bucktoothed one from last summer?

That's.......a bit of a stretch.

New interview with Doug Martsch of Built to Spill who apparently played a musical festival in Boise and did an evening of cover songs, The Smiths being one of them. (This guy is a legend to hear, a fantastic nod to Morrissey. :bow:) I'm not sure which song he played, a setlist isn;t in the article but I know he's covered HSIN and This Night Has Opened My Eyes before, so it could have been one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so, some people who claim they don't read this site find the Strand to be pretentious and all, and that's ok. BUT- the Strand (massive NYC used book shop--and the place where Morrissey revived an old woman with sips of tea and little bits of bread or something) regularly posts on their Tumblr stuff they find in old books. And they found this.

http://strandbooks.tumblr.com/post/46860102220/postcard-found-in-a-book

tumblr_mkdi9zxp9b1royxsyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkdi9zxp9b1royxsyo2_500.jpg

And can you really tell me that's not one of Morrissey's smart-ass postcards?

This probably got posted 18 months ago, but that's how far behind Coro we are in New Zealand. Steve MacDonald was on the couch feeling sorry for himself, drinking Scotch while listening to "Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time". Tracy came in and said listening to Morrissey and drinking...should she get some rope and a stool. Also of important note was Steve's good collection of single malts. I spotted an Ardbeg, a Dalwhinne and on the table a Caol Ila. All very good single malts and all that I own!

This probably got posted 18 months ago, but that's how far behind Coro we are in New Zealand. Steve MacDonald was on the couch feeling sorry for himself, drinking Scotch while listening to "Please Please Let Me Get What I Want This Time". Tracy came in and said listening to Morrissey and drinking...should she get some rope and a stool. Also of important note was Steve's good collection of single malts. I spotted an Ardbeg, a Dalwhinne and on the table a Caol Ila. All very good single malts and all that I own!

Great, thanks for posting

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom