Screenshot_20231203-075152.png
FB_IMG_1701589934034.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589936880.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589939608.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589942219.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589945180.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589948126.jpg
FB_IMG_1701589950654.jpg

This guy repeats the lie from Marr's autobiography that he played the mandolin on Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want, when in truth it was John Porter. John said in an interview in September 2021 that he and Marr had fallen out of friendship because Marr refused to retract the lie and give credit where it was due.

This guy repeats the lie from Marr's autobiography that he played the mandolin on Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want, when in truth it was John Porter. John said in an interview in September 2021 that he and Marr had fallen out of friendship because Marr refused to retract the lie and give credit where it was due.

Why would you believe John Porter over Marr? Didn’t he try to take credit for How Soon Is Now as well?

I am in no way a fan of AI (for ethical reasons and otherwise), but I have just stumbled across this 'cover', and it's simply marvellous.

Can one really complain when AI gives us another chance to enjoy Morrissey's (or rather, Morrissey-inspired) vocals? I guess not.

Also Marr and Porter's recollections differed regarding the recording of 'How Soon is Now' and getting that guitar sound, as they've both given slightly different explanations for that, as well as Porter claiming to have played the slide guitar part. Charitably, maybe it's just down to people misremembering after decades of time has passed, plus multiple takes and even radio sessions. Hopefully the pair have made up since then, as listening to Porter talking about it (from 0:55 to 1:05 here) it all sounds quite sad. :(

Also Marr and Porter's recollections differed regarding the recording of 'How Soon is Now' and getting that guitar sound, as they've both given slightly different explanations for that, as well as Porter claiming to have played the slide guitar part. Charitably, maybe it's just down to people misremembering after decades of time has passed, plus multiple takes and even radio sessions. Hopefully the pair have made up since then, as listening to Porter talking about it (from 0:55 to 1:05 here) it all sounds quite sad. :(

Not to mention they were all high on a ton of weed during recording.

I think this is why Johnny plays all the guitars now on his solo albums to avoid any controversy. He also said when he is a producer he takes meticulous notes during recording.

Tags
burlesque coronation street live morrissey new album poster sport strips the smiths
Back
Top Bottom