Tel Aviv - Bitan (July 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Night Pop Dropped / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of blueish1 via setlist.fm

Last edited:
First Morrissey show ever yesterday, had a great time. Kinda surprised at all the negativity here (also it mostly seems to be this Benny guy).

Setlist was very solid I thought, if a bit short. Opening with HSIN was legendary and a big surprise, a honor to see him sing that. 5 Smiths picks, and all of them stone-cold classics for me, were all well performed - can't complain about that. Half a Person was the highlight of the whole set, such a moving song.

Solo songs selection was good, especially loved "Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and "I Wish You Lonely". Of course, Suedehead and Sunday are classics. Was great to hear "My Hurling Days" too.

New songs kinda sucked, lyrics seemed quite repetitive and uninspired. This Notre-Dam song was ridiculous, Night Pop Dropped was quite bad, the Telephone song was catchy but just seemed silly ("who wants my money now..."). I always try to be open to new material but this wasn't it.

Morrissey vocals were really good I thought, his voice is so unique and recognisable.
Band was solid, I was completely unaware of the band members switch controversy and have no idea who Alain is, I understand people liked him but no point taking out frustration on his replacements, it's not their fault. Carmen was solid on guitar and the crowd loved her. Keyboard girl was also great, nice solo before "Sunday" (just a shame the douche next to me talked through the whole thing). Wasn't the most spectacular backing band ever but the songs sounded good.

Overall had a great time. Imperfect show and could have been much longer, but I knew what to expect and I got to see a legendary musician sing a set that was about 70% bangers with some absolute great high points.
Great to hear first concert experience here, proves his set list choice is fine contrary to what many bemoan.

From what I have heard I think you are spot on.
So much negativity on this site...
It is astounding the agro that gets posted. Fuelled by exasperation? There are a few that are a bit worrying. Like the comments posted on all the YouTube vids (which I love to read) - occasionally you have to worry at certain people that keep cropping up. Things can get so weird.
The talking all over the show from people in the audience, I've never understood. I saw the Cult at Hammersmith once and the couple next to me talked (shouted) to each other all the way through ruining the whole thing. I couldn't say anything of course as they were as frightening AF.

Last edited:
What the heck is this new song Notre Dame, you really need a dramatic backdrop video to compensate for those dogawful lyrics. And what's with the weird pronounciation of "cold hand touched me", he sounds like an alcoholic desperately trying not to slur the words. Or like a stutter patient on a mission to ace his speech therapy class.

Thinking of all the refugees who died or had to flee from yet another bombardment by the Israel Defense Force.
Hope the money makes you happy, Morrissey.

Enjoying what's been shown of Carmen so far, I think she's a nice breath of fresh air for the line-up. Has Morrissey actually acknowledged/introduced the new band members on tour yet?

great gig (my 3 morrissey show).
setlist was very nice - although i miss songs from "your arsenal".
the new guitar player was great

It is astounding the agro that gets posted.
Really!? Here's this amazing creative talent who has written songs in the past that have saved peoples lives. Now he writes songs that spread baseless conspiracy theories. Songs that hurt people. He's even written a song that ridicules people for how they collectively grieve a senseless tragedy, and another condemning people who vote. His interviews reveal him to be arrogant dick insensitive to the plight of victims. He repeats racist tropes. I could go on and on and on. I'm embarrassed to admit that I was ever a fan.

There is no bottom for Morrissey. People will continue to leave him and it won't end well.

Yes, she really is. The glasses and the suit are nice: sleek, boyish, and confident. Someone else on here said they liked Camilla Grey for her aura, but I like the aura of Carmen Vandenberg; that spiky androgynous lesbian look.

Has there been a group photo of this band line-up (with Morrissey) published anywhere yet?
A few comments from both Carmen and Camila about their experience of making music on stage with Morrissey would be interesting too. The new mix is lively in a different way.

A few comments from both Carmen and Camila about their experience of making music on stage with Morrissey would be interesting too. The new mix is lively in a different way.
I agree with Aubrey - Carmen is quite striking, she seems to have a good connection with Juan, he's been quite animated. I loved the high five after HSIN.
Yes be great to hear their post show thoughts but lets hope they tread carefully... It was great seeing Alain back but I was always conscious of the minefield of eggshells he may have been tiptoeing around.

Really!? Here's this amazing creative talent who has written songs in the past that have saved peoples lives. Now he writes songs that spread baseless conspiracy theories. Songs that hurt people. He's even written a song that ridicules people for how they collectively grieve a senseless tragedy, and another condemning people who vote. His interviews reveal him to be arrogant dick insensitive to the plight of victims. He repeats racist tropes. I could go on and on and on. I'm embarrassed to admit that I was ever a fan.

There is no bottom for Morrissey. People will continue to leave him and it won't end well.
Then why come here? Move along now.

Thanks to @Light Housework and others for posting the clips.
Agree with others that Carmen looks cool.
I hope to hear her voice better when attending a concert myself.
And I hope he brings Veronica back at future concerts.

Pulp were magnificent at Castlefield Bowl tonight, Morrissey needs to get those cancelled gigs rescheduled as this is a fabulous venue!View attachment 92609View attachment 92610
Just got back from Piece Hall Surface, The Cult absolutely set the place on fire.
Ian Astbury looked so healthy and commented that yoga was the key.
Morrissey on the other hand doesn’t seem to be in a good place now.
Hope you are well (I’m digging out my yoga book tmrw)

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:💪

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom