The Smiths - I Misses You (with vocal)

S

Sheridan A. Vale

My friend's dad was a Brit (Now deceased) he worked at the BBC and for a while at Island Studios through the 80's and early 90's. We were listening to a box of taps the other night, this was on an unmarked one with some of the other unreleased demos that you have probably heard. This is a demo of I Misses You with vocal.

This is like a bad karaoke version of Moz. Caricature.

:rofl:

props for spending the time to write lyrics to the song. I really do wish Morrissey would have put lyrics to this one. I love to listen to this one as an instrumental. Better than the ones they released. The guy is semi close. But if you really thought you were going to get one by on this crowd you were mistaken. We have been listening to his voice for 30 years.

I think it's at least plausible. The lyrics are good and there are some very similar voice inflections. The vocal was obviously put down over the original studio outtake....could be a compression issue....dunno? I kind of like it.

Sounds like that guy who does all those comedy vocal impressions of Morrissey on youtube.

This COULD be for reals?...probably a hoax. Either way, I think it's a pretty good effort. The one thing that puzzles me is why this bod chose to share it with YOU Jackals?!

This COULD be for reals?...probably a hoax. Either way, I think it's a pretty good effort. The one thing that puzzles me is why this bod chose to share it with YOU Jackals?!

Just testing, testing, if the connoisseurs could be embarrassed by saying it is genuine.
Trust me, if Irregular Regular says it is ridiculous and not even close, then it IS a hoax. :o

Last edited:
My only mistake is I'm hoping. I'm hoping. I'm hoping ... I'm sure I'm just a sucker but this sounds like Morrissey singing to me.

Morrissey should start singing all the fake songs in concert. I like this one.

weird how some of it sounds decent then at other times the voice is like an impression.will we ever find out,probably not.
ANYBODY WANT TO BUY A PARACHUTE,,,,ONLY USED ONCE,NEVER OPENED,,,2 quid and its yours.

Here is another 100% genuine, missing Smiths song. Totally legit, honest guv!

Back
Top Bottom