The "What Do You Suggest We Do in Ireland?" Thread

I come, hat in hand, to those of you who know the Emerald Isle. ;)

For my girlfriend and I, it's been a real dream to visit Ireland and the dream is coming true in late March of this year. We have seven days to make the most of it, after flying, I'm sure bleary-eyed, into Dublin. :o

My question is: "What do you think we should do?" Which is basically a roundabout way of saying, let me know what you think about the country, where to go, where not to, where to stay, where not to, what to embrace, what to avoid. We're of modest means. There's some money to be spent, but the bank musn't be broken. :eek:

I thank all of you in advance. Any information you'd like to pass on would be most welcome and appreciated... :)

All very best,
JM

Don't go on all-day benders in Dublin as your money will soon run out!

Ich bin half Northern Irish and I am here to tell you that Ulster canes the republic ;)

Belfast is great for boozing, and Strangford Loch (south of Belfast) and the Antrim coast (up north) are spectacularly beautiful. Do it :D

"come to Ireland and get pissed" - is that it so far?

If I see one more thread entitled "The blah blah blah fecking Thread"...I'm going to...erm...moan some more.

Ich bin half Northern Irish and I am here to tell you that Ulster canes the republic ;)

Belfast is great for boozing, and Strangford Loch (south of Belfast) and the Antrim coast (up north) are spectacularly beautiful. Do it :D

can Scottish-American people visit Northern Ireland or will you beat us with sticks?
:eek:

can Scottish-American people visit Northern Ireland or will you beat us with sticks?

Lol I do not operate the border controls

But yesyes I think everyone should visit lovely Northern Ireland

Last edited:

with remarks like that, i'd say that it's likely, you silly billy.

look, i use to know this half irish fool
and he said
dont tell them your scottish at all
but yeah
he is a fool

yip, he was a certainly a bit daft.

btw, which half of you is Northern Irish?

The half of me which contains my liver

:rolleyes:

Are you from Norn Iron yourself? I'm returing to Co. Down, after living out my kerazy, formative years in Madchester. Ohh yes

The half of me which contains my liver

:rolleyes:

Are you from Norn Iron yourself? I'm returing to Co. Down, after living out my kerazy, formative years in Madchester. Ohh yes

i am, indeed.

from co.down, too, originally.

whereabouts?

look, i use to know this half irish fool
and he said
dont tell them your scottish at all
but yeah
he is a fool

I thought someone of your intelligence would have known not believe such nonsense? You'll get trouble in Norn Iron if you go looking for it, as you would be a tourist I doubt that very much.

i am, indeed.

from co.down, too, originally.

whereabouts?

Bangor, mainly. :)

Also got family in 'Ards and down Ballyhalbert way. And my friend's family run the cafe by the Carrick a Rede rope bridge! NOT that this ever encouraged me to cross it! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought someone of your intelligence would have known not believe such nonsense? You'll get trouble in Norn Iron if you go looking for it, as you would be a tourist I doubt that very much.

1146781952D6K779.jpg

Back
Top Bottom