This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

This is Morrissey: An Interview by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr
June 5, 2018

Excerpt:

When I penned my recent piece, 'Morrissey: The Great Unfiltered Artist' it was my aim to shine a light on somebody who I felt was at times misunderstood, and to attempt to question what we were 'sold to believe' (as I feel we always must when faced with a heavily biased media). Morrissey very kindly agreed to an interview with me. I came away from his responses having a greater sense of the man himself, and of where he was coming from - his words often insightful, at times humorous but always honest. For that, I thank him.

Here is the interview in full.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is admirable though that he will actually vote and hasn't back tracked. It's alarming that it took For Britain to make him vote at the age of 69 for the first time. Populist anti establishment anti Immigrant parties are very popular in Europe at moment. I can see another Kosovo type war happeningsome where in Europe and it makes me very sad.

Oh sh*t. Did I just sleep through a decade!

Four Lions took a good take on nutty Islamists. It's weird that a comedy could be far more insightful than the likes of Tommy Robinson who has got so caught up in believing his extreme position that he's stopped questioning anything, particularly his own beliefs. Even so, I'm fine with him airing his views but if you potentially f*** up a case then you're going to be punished, particularly with his position with past offences. To portray him as a victim in this instance is idiotic unless you're in favour of nonces walking free on technicalities because he couldn't let the law run its course.

I'm presuming Morrissey supports Britain First because they're a throwback to 1960's and 70's racists. It makes him all sentimental on how great life was back when you could call a coon a coon.

This is the worst, I’d already decided not to go to see him in Edinburgh, because of this little Britain stuff, I feel numb. What a f***ing idiot. Tommy Robinson, show me a barrel and watch me scrape it.. It’s almost unbelievable that he’s the same person he once was. I turned a blind eye so often, the blurred racist stuff, when he shafted labels, managers, band members, his own fans, anyone really.. I knew he wasn’t the nicest of people. But he was my Morrissey and I loved him.. 28 gigs over 27 years. Things will need to change big time for me to darken his door again
Bye bye - and good riddance to you sir.

Four Lions took a good take on nutty Islamists. It's weird that a comedy could be far more insightful than the likes of Tommy Robinson who has got so caught up in believing his extreme position that he's stopped questioning anything, particularly his own beliefs. Even so, I'm fine with him airing his views but if you potentially f*** up a case then you're going to be punished, particularly with his position with past offences. To portray him as a victim in this instance is idiotic unless you're in favour of nonces walking free on technicalities because he couldn't let the law run its course.

I'm presuming Morrissey supports Britain First because they're a throwback to 1960's and 70's racists. It makes him all sentimental on how great life was back when you could call a coon a coon.

Chezz, when in F have you questioned your Islamic POV!!??:turban:

FREE TOMMY!:handfist:

Gotta agree about the tommy Robinson business. Seems like he broke the law and got punished for it like anyone else. Might be persecuted by the media, that’s debatable I guess but the court can only uphold the law

why is it when theres an interview theres a new influx of people on here,HIPPIE,INNES,MUSICIAN.would love to see how many posts they have between them.

Your opinions are tired and belong to the past. People are finally waking up - they want Britain to be a country worth being proud of - and as ever Morrissey has his ear to the ground.
What's wrong with wanting your country to not be a toilet where all the world's least desirable people wash up?

This is the worst, I’d already decided not to go to see him in Edinburgh, because of this little Britain stuff, I feel numb. What a f***ing idiot. Tommy Robinson, show me a barrel and watch me scrape it.. It’s almost unbelievable that he’s the same person he once was. I turned a blind eye so often, the blurred racist stuff, when he shafted labels, managers, band members, his own fans, anyone really.. I knew he wasn’t the nicest of people. But he was my Morrissey and I loved him.. 28 gigs over 27 years. Things will need to change big time for me to darken his door again

68ab04029c60b729ec03aa38f6c2e690.jpg

Dear God, where to start. Here are my thoughts, sidestepping the politics since others have pretty well exhausted it.

1. Fiona Dodwell is a nauseating sycophant
2. He really isn't vegan. But he's pulling the 'humasexual' stunt to try and muddy the waters ('I'm not anything, I'm just me')
3. The ego has detached from the mother ship and has a trajectory all of its own - 'The live concerts are magnificent'; 'It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic'
4. Now we know why the songs have got so shit - 'A studio is booked and we turn up. No one knows anything until the producer presses Record'
5. 'My album World Peace was dropped after 10 days because it was too political' - er, no, it was because it was shite and you fell out with Harvest
6. He's got really, really boring and repetitive: modern music all sounds the same/nobody in popular music has anything to say/nobody will play my records, ever... blah blah blah, rinse and repeat

I've said it previously but I think we're looking at a man unravelling.

Well did he ever say he was vegan or did fans just think he was. A lot of people don’t fall in between vegan and veggie, it’s not that unusual. The shows I attended were good and people had a good time and of course he loves his own work and has trouble choosing between them. He even admitted to probably having some bias. Apparently he’s always worked and recorded this way so I don’t think it has to much to do with why you don’t like the songs. True about harvest but I loved world peace. It’s extremely true about top forty music being very bland and interchangeable. More so than ever. Also the comments about how things chart has a lot of truth to it

Does Fiona Dodwell even exist or is it nephew Sammy in disguise. I mean, she's read List of the Lost 3 times....!! Does such a person exist?

I think she took her fawning too far with that one. Even Moz was irritated by it which actually makes his answers quite amusing

List of the lost, your first fictional novel, was a fantastic read. It was, for me, one of those stories that haunted me after I finished it. I believe fans would love to read more fiction from you. Is another book release a possibility for the future?

The book was meant to be a modern Brighton Rock, and, yes, certainly horrific. It was heavily criticized for being what it fully intended to be. But, having said that, I don't know anyone who actually liked the book!

I've read it three times!

Whenever it was mentioned people looked down. That's quite OK! I am of stern stuff.

Here it is again fans!

Anne Marie Waters is a humane version of Thatcher?

And the Robinson thing? We don't need to go over old ground, but Morrissey is a racist, conspiracist, ignorant twathandle

Jesus f***ing Christ. f*** him. Bigly.

He has aligned himself with the morons of the World without doubt. Interesting that somebody who is supposedly a free thinker would buy into a single ideology so full heartedly.

Sigh.

His descent into public self-destruction would almost be admirable if it were not founded on such bollocks.
The ‘Tommy’ quote is particularly hurtful, as is the ‘Anne Marie is a humane Thatcher’ tripe, but its just plain stupid with Morrissey seems to have swallowed the propaganda that ‘Tommy’ is a working class robin hood against the evils of the middle east, which is definitely not.

This however, has always been the problem with Morrissey, he on the outside seems political and seems to strive towards a truth no matter what controversy awaits him (which is somewhat admirable) but actually, like many of us, doesent really have a clue what he is on about a lot of the time.

Whilst I agree that he has the right to present his own political ideals, he must surely be aware how it is killing his core fanbase, which has always been something to marvel at. What happens when there is nobody left?
Hopefully he will get a shock at the gigs next month, though I will still be there at the Castlefield Bowl, I dread the mid-song patter, fearing which diminishing opinion will rear its ugly head.

And the whole ‘we just turn up and press record...’ if that truly is the case (i call bollocks again) then its a wonder that ‘Life Is A Pigsty’ ‘Isreal’ ‘One Of Our Own’ and ‘Mountjoy’ ever made it at all! But like i said...bollocks.

Here it is again fans!

Anne Marie Waters is a humane version of Thatcher?

And the Robinson thing? We don't need to go over old ground, but Morrissey is a racist, conspiracist, ignorant twathandle

Jesus f***ing Christ. f*** him. Bigly.

You hoping to get more of a reaction on here , rather than your tumbleweed attempt on Twitter?
Hint of desperation tweeting Amy Lame direct

Dear God, where to start. Here are my thoughts, sidestepping the politics since others have pretty well exhausted it.

3. The ego has detached from the mother ship and has a trajectory all of its own - 'The live concerts are magnificent'; 'It's difficult to choose because so many of the songs are fantastic'

:laughing::bow::tiphat:

i love when he's not talking like everyone's "drunk uncle" and more nonsensical like regular morrissey:

"I'm absolutely hopeless when I'm handed a menu in a restaurant. I go directly to the Kiddie's Meals. If I find baked beans then the night is a huge success. If you ever bring me out to dinner it's important that you also bring a toaster."

"If if find baked beans then the night is a huge success" is like better than any of the lyrics from LIHS. just be your regular self, morrissey.

Tags
fiona dodwell this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom