Time The Tales were Told

J

Johnny

It's not a new idea and I am sure the guys behind "All Men Have Secrets" would not mind a little variation on their brainwave.
I like the idea of a book of recollections from fans of their experiences at Smiths gigs and the effects it had on them and their lives .It doesn't have to be anything earth shattering.What it felt like as The Smiths career took off.The urgency of the gigs and the sheer excitement that was always tinged with a fear of impending crowd viloence.Was it someones 1st gig and they sneaked off school to get th tickets. Was the last train home missed and the night spent in a freezing train station ?.
I knew a guy who actually broke his ankle at a Smiths gig and did not know it until the next day!I know of someone who met and fell in love at a Smiths gig and has remained with the same person.There must be hundreds of stories.
Perhaps it could be a combination of Smiths or Morrissey gigs.I thought of just Smiths because that was the beginning really and they shone like a beacon in a country crippled at that time by the politics of Thatcher and the music of A Flock Of Seagulls.
Any suggestions ? 2 light ales please

Back
Top Bottom