Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 26, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Wedding Bell Blues / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Spent The Day In Bed / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by sdsuedehead

• Photos posted by @the_edge / Twitter (4 total). Link posted by Famous when dead

full
  • Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott by Nick Krewen (4 stars, 1 photo) - The Star. Link posted by Famous when dead
  • Photos: Morrissey @ Sony Centre by David McDonald (15 total) - Aesthetic Magazine. Link posted by JoeSellMozza.

full

Last edited:

I'm very cosmopolitan, I am a Christian... I've heard of Faith Goldy...

His provocation to Canadians by mentioning Faith Goldy and Marrisa Shen's murder is well placed, and subtle.

13 year old Marrisa Shen, a Canadian teen, was murdered by a Syrian refugee in western Canada.

Faith Goldy, in Toronto's political scene, was silenced by both sides of partisan politics, all whom were far too fearful interrupt the neoliberal markets and their factories with any type of concern for the loss of western street and folk culture, much less safety, in the streets of Toronto.

I don't think Moz broke his boycott because Canada reformed, but rather he has seen us attacked by terrorism. He has seen us Torontonians be 'culled', like baby seals, by our politics, and by people brought here to redeem the conscience of corporate military industrial complex murderers and to uphold the pyramid of capitalism....forever.

Moz's opinions on immigration and nationalistic sentiments have been circulated for some time. It is nice to have a society that one feels somewhat safe within, even if terrible things do happen, rather to watch as a society, your home, gets slowly wedged into a cultural pressure-cooker designed by politicians. No one informed of his perspectives can be freshly shocked; the silencing of diverse opinions from all sides of the debate limits the expression of free speech and this is a clear indication that Canada needs this provocation. I can only guess that Moz realizes the limit of the discourse of identity politics, its rituals of social affirmation, and its silencing of opposition in the name of "hate speech", hoping to unobscure the individual; a potentially free agent of autonomy and creation- one who can 'sing [their] life'.

At one point last night he even discussed how people are free, and that he believed himself to be in control of himself (paraphrasing), but maybe someone else remembers his exact words...?

Last edited:
what are the chances that he changes the setlist a tad for the second date? since that's the one i'm going to

His provocation to Canadians by mentioning Faith Goldy and Marrisa Shen's murder is well placed, and subtle.

13 year old Marrisa Shen, a Canadian teen, was murdered by a Syrian refugee in western Canada.

Faith Goldy, in Toronto's political scene, was silenced by both sides of partisan politics, all whom were far too fearful interrupt the neoliberal markets and their factories with any type of concern for the loss of western street and folk culture, much less safety, in the streets of Toronto.

I don't think Moz broke his boycott because Canada reformed, but rather he has seen us attacked by terrorism. He has seen us Torontonians be 'culled', like baby seals, by people broken by our 1% elites overseas, and brought here to redeem the conscience of corporate military industrial complex murderers and to uphold the pyramid of capitalism....forever.

Moz's opinions on immigration have been circulated for some time and no one informed of his perspectives can be freshly shocked; the silencing of diverse opinions from all sides of the debate, with accusations of limits the expression of free speech is a clear indication that Canada needs this provocation. Again, Moz realizes the limit of the discourse of identity politics, and its rituals of social affirmation, and silencing of opposition in the name of "hate speech", hoping to unobscure the individual; a potentially free agent of autonomy and creation once again.

At one point last night he even discussed briefly how he was in control of himself (paraphrasing). Maybe someone else remembers his exact words...?

Faith Goldy is a white supremacist. if he actually voiced support of her this would be everywhere.

Faith Goldy is a white supremacist. if he actually voiced support of her this would be everywhere.

Please define "white supremacist". And isn't that the point? Find one comment where she said white people were better?

Moz is a semi-lapsed Catholic who flirts with the flock when it suits him, I wouldn’t exactly call that “true.”

Moz is a semi-lapsed Catholic who flirts with the flock when it suits him, I wouldn’t exactly call that “true.”
Being a good kind person is what being a Christian is all about. Even the Pope admitted you can do this without even believing in God. It's goodness that counts.

Morrissey radiates goodness and positivity.

Seems the definition of Christian is as subjective as anything else. Not sure if your take on it matches up with the average middle-American evangelical. I appreciate the pope’s willingness to keep things vague, but I’m pretty sure that being a good, kind person who doesn’t believe in God makes you...a good, kind person who doesn’t believe in God. Not a Christian.

Seems the definition of Christian is as subjective as anything else. Not sure if your take on it matches up with the average middle-American evangelical. I appreciate the pope’s willingness to keep things vague, but I’m pretty sure that being a good, kind person who doesn’t believe in God makes you...a good, kind person who doesn’t believe in God. Not a Christian.
But Morrissey is a good kind person - and a Christian. He even says so.

That makes me very happy.

I love Morrissey, but “kind” is not an adjective I (or most) would use to describe him.

You’re also one of the most ignorant and repugnant posters on this website, so anything that makes you happy should be scrutinized even more closely.

I love Morrissey, but “kind” is not an adjective I (or most) would use to describe him.

You’re also one of the most ignorant and repugnant posters on this website, so anything that makes you happy should be scrutinized even more closely.

Morrissey is gentle, sensitive and kind. His music and persona radiate these things.

What on earth makes you think I am ignorant and repugnant?

But Morrissey is a good kind person - and a Christian. He even says so.

That makes me very happy.

So what’s the difference between being a good kind person and being a Christian? Is it possible to be both?

I don’t know how you really define
‘true Christian’, please tell us.

if he was a true Christian would he not give everything to charity, turn the other cheek and not judge others.

Instead like all of us pagans, he also does what he has to do to live in a world
ruled by money and fear of not having it.

Being a good kind person has nothing to do with religious beliefs, Being a good kind person is simply being or trying to be a human being in a world that is at times not very humane.

So what’s the difference between being a good kind person and being a Christian? Is it possible to be both?

I don’t know how you really define
‘true Christian’, please tell us.

if he was a true Christian would he not give everything to charity, turn the other cheek and not judge others.

Instead like all of us pagans, he also does what he has to do to live in a world
ruled by money and fear of not having it.

Being a good kind person has nothing to do with religious beliefs, Being a good kind person is simply being or trying to be a human being in a world that is at times not very humane.
That's right, there's no difference between being a good person and being a Christian - even the Pope said this. It's the best way to live your life. Morrissey is a gentle soul and brings a lot of joy to the world with his sensitive music. He has changed and positively enhanced many people's lives.

That to me sounds very Christian-like. And remember Moz came from a Catholic household. Sometimes as people mature they quietly return to a relationship with Jesus.

5d20cfa2b9b4e4d5db4366d0db32878c.jpg

Moz (middle row, fourth from left) at his First Holy Communion, Manchester, England

Last edited:
Well that’s not very Christian like of you, to judge others and call them names because you don’t agree with their views or they don’t agree with yours.

I mean, you are name calling people ‘emotional children’ by the image you posted, no?
Are you sane? I don't call people names on this site. Ever. So I don't quite understand you here.

Back
Top Bottom