UK tour dates confirmed on true-to-you.net

Update (Mar. 14 8:05am PT): Posted in the comments - people that have called See Tickets and venues are reporting Friday Mar. 18 as the actual onsale date.

Update (Mar. 11 4:25pm PT) on true-to-you.net, posted by Caitlin:

Plymouth date

Morrissey will play Plymouth Pavilions on Thursday 30 June in place of the previously announced concert at Cheltenham.

Update (Mar. 10 4:05pm PT) on Cheltenham on true-to-you.net, posted by Fulham Road Lights (original post), as predicted by Brel (original post):

* Update: The Cheltenham date will now not take place, and once a substitute venue has been found then these shall constitute the only Morrissey concerts in the UK for this year.

On TTY
Dates confirmed

8 March 2011

Tickets go onsale on Monday 14th March for the following Morrissey concerts :

June 15 (Weds) PERTH City Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 17 (Friday) INVERNESS Ironworks (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 18 (Saturday) DUNOON Queens Hall (Scotland) : support group FLATS.
June 20 (Monday) DUNFERMLINE Alhambra Theater (Scotland): support group BROTHER.
June 21 (Tuesday) HAWICK City Hall (Scotland) : support group BROTHER.
June 24 (Friday) GRIMSBY Auditorium (England) : support group FLATS.
June 25 (Saturday) YORK Barbican (England) : support group MONA.
June 27 (Monday) BRADFORD St George's Hall (England) : support group MONA.
June 30 (Thursday) CHELTENHAM Centaur (England) : support group MONA.

Last edited by a moderator:
A significant number of regulars on here seem to be totally disinterested in the where/when tickets go on sale conversation... Forgive my suspicious mind, but I hope certain information isn't being kept from us by those in the know who wish to guarantee themselves a ticket.
Again, forgive me if I'm being paranoid, but this smells a bit too ... fishy. Ahem.
And as I finish typing that, This Charming Man begins to play on Absolute80s. All very convenient!

Precisely. Paranoid minds think alike...
I've never known the forums to be this quiet this close to a ticket sale. It's usually buzzing with info.
Something's afoot...and it smells ;)

A significant number of regulars on here seem to be totally disinterested in the where/when tickets go on sale conversation... Forgive my suspicious mind, but I hope certain information isn't being kept from us by those in the know who wish to guarantee themselves a ticket.
Again, forgive me if I'm being paranoid, but this smells a bit too ... fishy. Ahem.
And as I finish typing that, This Charming Man begins to play on Absolute80s. All very convenient!

Precisely. Paranoid minds think alike...
I've never known the forums to be this quiet this close to a ticket sale. It's usually buzzing with info.
Something's afoot...and it smells ;)

Oh wow. Busted. Yes I'm afraid given that you have both uncovered our ruse it is time to come clean.

Julia, in conjunction with SJM and Gigs and Tours sent a message to conspire shortly after the tour was announced. It was sent to only a select few.

The message? Please keep ticket information out of the public domain. We don't want anyone to turn up! Oh how our sides will ache when there is an audience of only 5, all chosen people. And good grief! Especially don't tell Karl or Joe.

How do we communicate do you ask? Well we all have a special pendant and it glows and vibrates when a message is to be sent. At 12am GMT we look to the sky and there it is flashed in morse code, or as we like call it, Morrissey code. Oh titter!

Well done. Our conspiracy is left in tatters due to your astounding detective work. I take my hat off to you both.

Oh wow. Busted. Yes I'm afraid given that you have both uncovered our ruse it is time to come clean.

Julia, in conjunction with SJM and Gigs and Tours sent a message to conspire shortly after the tour was announced. It was sent to only a select few.

The message? Please keep ticket information out of the public domain. We don't want anyone to turn up! Oh how our sides will ache when there is an audience of only 5, all chosen people. And good grief! Especially don't tell Karl or Joe.

How do we communicate do you ask? Well we all have a special pendant and it glows and vibrates when a message is to be sent. At 12am GMT we look to the sky and there it is flashed in morse code, or as we like call it, Morrissey code. Oh titter!

Well done. Our conspiracy is left in tatters due to your astounding detective work. I take my hat off to you both.

brilliant

nice.

i've seen some paranoid drivel on these pages in my time but this beats them all.

If the ticket agencies say they go on sale on Friday, then it's Friday

Just as i expected, this tour hasn't been announced for 24 hours and already people are complaining.

If this were facebook, I'd "like" this quote. I wish people would realise that Moz owes them a boatload of NOTHING, and they should be quite happy that he CHOOSES to play live at all.

Somewhere along the lines, these idiots have seriously lost the plot.

This tour couldn't be more historically and quite clearly pointless.Failed. However the mans stupididty and ego will ensure that ,the circus which is Morrissey, rolls on.

Where is your new album? How's the tour coming along then?
Oh.............

That's what I thought.

f*** off with you then.

Nobody (Least of all, Morrissey) is twisting your arm.
Some of the best tours I've seen out of Morrissey have been "just because" outings.

Seriously. I hear Doo-ran Doo-ran is touring. Perhaps that is more your speed.:sick:

Now Cheltenham is off (and that would have been difficult enough) the gigs might as well be in outer Mongolia - venues/dates impossible for me - I am mortified

good luck to all the diehards

It IS puzzling. Ents24 is usually on the ball, and sends alerts too, but there's nothing there either. Maybe as someone said, it's a mistake and should be Friday. A bit like my Italian tour poster that had him on in Manchester on 22 and 28 December instead of 23rd...I hope.

The shows are listed here: http://www.viagogo.co.uk/searchResults.aspx?SearchText=morrissey&x=0&y=0

Is this a good place to buy from :S? as it says 9am monday.

im rather suspicious of viagogo and im not the only one
Viagogo is nothing more than a tout site

It also provides a dumping ground for other touts to get rid of their tickets

One thing it also does is buys up front rows of seats from promoters at well above face value
and sells them on at huge profits thus artificially forcing up the price of tickets

I've also encountered as many problems from them telling people to collect their tickets at box offices t
hat don't exist as I have with other tout sites
from http://www.safeconcerts.com/forum/threads.asp?forum_urn=124&t_urn=10565

i trust seetixs and Tm and wait til they get there..

According to gigsinscotland.com they go on presale this Thursday, which would usually indicate then going on sale on Friday. Says it will be ticketmaster doing the selling.
Hope this helps!

where can you buy tickets theyre not advertised on any ticket site

If this were facebook, I'd "like" this quote. I wish people would realise that Moz owes them a boatload of NOTHING, and they should be quite happy that he CHOOSES to play live at all.

Somewhere along the lines, these idiots have seriously lost the plot.

I concur.If its too far,stay at home and cry.No more fannying about with buses and trains for me after the Echo fiasco.

Then you'll attend and then in all of your heart of hearts you will make the journey home ..... .disappointed.He was once great, now he isnt and probably wont be again.

Well I saw him during 2009 in Leeds on the Swords Tour and I didn't come away disappointed. Band were on top form, Morrissey's vocals were superb and the crowd absolutely loved it. I know for a fact now that he's had a good while resting after the back to back tours he'll probably be even better at York this time around!

He was once great, he's great now, and always will be...great =)

SJM is the only booking agent who does Morrissey

but it's just that Jul;ia get's the real and confirmed news first, not rumours
but verified from camp Moz

[mainly because this site is too populair, and critisism is not what Morrissey
likes, so David got a W, without this site, I bet he sells a lot less and get's
a lot less sold out gigs, if only TTY puts them on the web, SJM is not that
big in PR, maybe 1 weekly advertise in the NME or whatever paper]

Out the UK, tours in the USA and Europe or other worldparts this is the place where
the media gets the info

[not for albumreleases, he usual hires a place where people can hear the track takes notes, but security checks every one or [music[journalist] if all invited ones not
carry little recordplayers or mobile/Ipads,etc.though it seems leaking album
is hard to fight]

I'm way of-topic, but would someone without internet and a fan of Morrissey living in Belfast, knows Morrissey plays in june in Scotland, I beg to differ without this or TTY
who spread the word, and get a look from the media if there's something newsworthy]

well luck with getting tickets

I was losing myself into a direction which doesn't add nothing to this thread,
well it's a dirty job and they think he;s mentall:crazy:

Please can someone, if they know confirm when the tickets go onsale and where, i have just contacted Ticketmaster and spoke to a human being who said that Morrissey tickets are not listed to go onsale either Monday 14th or Friday 18th as of today.

Back
Top Bottom