What popular things do you not like or care about?

Fashion.

As soon as something gets popular everyone turn up in it and nowadays everyone wears a bomber jacket despite not being a skinhead. The entire skinhead fashion is now ok when it used to be a major no-no and the poor skinheads got a lot of criticism for how they dressed. Now we know the public were just jealous back then.

i hate this too, although i have a great appreciation for fashion. i like fashion for a few reasons: i feel like it's a great way to imbue every day life with art; i like the idea of dressing according to character or to create a character for yourself (while dressing to be 'hot' or 'sexy', in my opinion, has nothing to do with fashion); i like the intellectual aspect of it when you are able to, with even the smallest details, make reference to other times or places, and to know what you are referencing and what it means: like for example, the bomber jacket, referencing skinheads (which i actually didnt know about--and probably a lot of other people, in canada anyway, dont either--but now that i know of it i kind of like bomber jackets a bit more).

but the fad thing is irksome to me, because i think fashion's first consideration should be to the individual, and not be something that sweeps over the masses in waves and then is disposed of next season. if you're dressing for yourself and according to personality, you should never invest in things that you'll be sick of next season, but rather in things that youll want to wear ten years from now. so what happens if you find a bomber jacket you really like? well if you wear it next year when the fads over, because fashion considers trends over the individual, you're going to look like you're wearing last years left overs. thats' what people will see. which i dont think is right. i also dont understand people who eagerly hop on every trend, this mentality they have of "if everyone else is wearing it, then i have to too". while i might buy something popular if i like it, 'what everyone else is wearing' does not seem to me like a very good style reference.

It refers to a white girl trying to be special but it also refers to a girl on drugs at gigs. Some people use popular terms without knowing the meaning of them and maybe a bit too much. The term snowflake died about last year so someone here should update their lingo but my list did rattle someones perception of himself.

Are you pressed?

View attachment 40710

Hi midnite,
This is the Japanese dog my sister has now.
It's a Shiba Inu.
Ain't he cute and beautiful?
He is very easy going, smart and adorable!
And loyal and likeable too!
I bet Rifke likes him too! View attachment 40710View attachment 40710

Yep indeed Quando, he is indeed a shiba Inu, basically a smaller version of the Japanese akita, hes beautifull !:)

I persoanlly prefer the Japanese akita and prefer the males, just a personal preference !

mastiff.jpg

big-dog-breeds.jpg

Love this breed 2, the english mastiff , the largest dog on earth but thats neither here nor there!

There kind gentle and fearless ! , and they love children ! :)
Although one need 2 be carefull as they are quite powerfull and sometimes dont realise there own strength and they can be a little bit "suspicious" of "strangers" !

Last edited:
Yep indeed Quando, he is indeed a shiba Inu, basically a smaller version of the Japanese akita, hes beautifull !:)

I persoanlly prefer the Japanese akita and prefer the males, just a personal preference !

Hi Midnite, thank you, the shiba Inu that my sister has is a male too.
You are always honest and I like it you prefer the Japanese Akita. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom