Poll When do you think we will hear news about BOT or WMTWD? Or both?

When?

• Total voters
I honestly wouldn't hold my breath in either of these being released.
Morrissey needs to pay money to Capitol to get BOT back.
That in itself is a monumental ask for someone as frugal as Morrissey.
I think Morrissey would gladly pay the money to get BOT back if he had another record deal lined up. He would pay Capitol, hand BOT over to the new label, and essentially get reimbursed (give or take based on the new deal). Of course, WMTWD has no such stipulation. What now plagues both is a lack of label interest it would seem.

Last edited:
We can ask this question again and again and again. Unless something massively changes (new record deal, normal promotion, not using Central anymore, scheduling concerts and consistently showing up for them etc.) nothing will happen/change. I find it depressing to assume that it's all going to be released after his death, because that's a rather grim thought and this man is only in his 60ies, he has time. It can happen tomorrow, it can happen never. Hoping for the best, but expecting the usual.

Maybe later this year? Hopefully... but so far it's been radio silent last few months aside from getting the new management
why would a management company take him on if there is no products to promote,what would they actually be managing,an artist walking the streets.

why would a management company take him on if there is no products to promote,what would they actually be managing,an artist walking the streets.
An artist with a legacy, an artist playing concerts, doing interviews…

An artist with a legacy, an artist playing concerts, doing interviews…
an artist playing concerts-at this point in time will many people buy tickets after the last debacle.
doing interviews-thats a thing of the past unless they are handpicked.
legacy-a legacy takes decades to build and seconds to crash and burn.

Sadly, my guess is we will only get to hear these albums after Moz's death. Unless he chooses to self release them. And that looks unlikely. No major label is going to release either of them. It is utterly sad and tragic. I hope I'm wrong and some magic can be worked - or some major label decides to be bold and surprise us all.

Sadly, my guess is we will only get to hear these albums after Moz's death. Unless he chooses to self release them. And that looks unlikely. No major label is going to release either of them. It is utterly sad and tragic. I hope I'm wrong and some magic can be worked - or some major label decides to be bold and surprise us all.
You're probably right. I think it's better than building your hopes up as well.
We should just let it go.

I think some of what Gordy said above is more like a broad comment that’s mostly a generalization - and I don’t think the whole broad generalization necessarily all applies to Morrissey. There are legacies, and then there are legacies. Happily, Morrissey’s is very firmly rooted, and is never going anywhere ❤️

The other thing is, cancellations happen, and people do move on. People love to go on about Morrissey’s cancelations on this site, but that’s also because a LOT of people on this site like to hold on to anything they see as negative, and they will hold on to it for dear life.

The last few years have been weird and maybe not as fruitful for lots of artists. We had Covid, we had lockdowns, we had travel restrictions, we had Covid certificates required for entry to buildings, for entry to events, for entry to countries, you name it, what didn’t we have? Lots of people cancelled lots of concerts, for lots of reasons. :ahhh:

I haven’t read any of the previous posts in this thread ahead of this last page b/c of time, but I’m assuming it’s probably some criticism, peppered with a little doom and gloom.

What i think is that we’re still not very far into this year yet, and that there is plenty of time left in 2024 for good news to still come at some point further down the line - on the subjects of these albums, and who knows what other surprises as well… maybe?

It’s barely been 5 minutes since he said he needed a break! I hope he’s feeling better and entering the late days of Spring with optimism, and I hope he’s feeling great again. ❤️

As for those of us here…. better to think that good things come to those who wait.

There will be more beautiful songs, and there will be more amazing concerts in future. Give him a sec, already! 😃

I think some of what Gordy said above is more like a broad comment that’s mostly a generalization - and I don’t think the whole broad generalization necessarily all applies to Morrissey. There are legacies, and then there are legacies. Happily, Morrissey’s is very firmly rooted, and is never going anywhere ❤️

The other thing is, cancellations happen, and people do move on. People love to go on about Morrissey’s cancelations on this site, but that’s also because a LOT of people on this site like to hold on to anything they see as negative, and they will hold on to it for dear life.

The last few years have been weird and maybe not as fruitful for lots of artists. We had Covid, we had lockdowns, we had travel restrictions, we had Covid certificates required for entry to buildings, for entry to events, for entry to countries, you name it, what didn’t we have? Lots of people cancelled lots of concerts, for lots of reasons. :ahhh:

I haven’t read any of the previous posts in this thread ahead of this last page b/c of time, but I’m assuming it’s probably some criticism, peppered with a little doom and gloom.

What i think is that we’re still not very far into this year yet, and that there is plenty of time left in 2024 for good news to still come at some point further down the line - on the subjects of these albums, and who knows what other surprises as well… maybe?

It’s barely been 5 minutes since he said he needed a break! I hope he’s feeling better and entering the late days of Spring with optimism, and I hope he’s feeling great again. ❤️

As for those of us here…. better to think that good things come to those who wait.

There will be more beautiful songs, and there will be more amazing concerts in future. Give him a sec, already! 😃
well said vesper,im always optimistic in that we will get to hear the new albums in the future,there was a seven year period with nothing between 97/04 and the world didnt end,we are living in troubled times,theres 41 wars going on over the globe and we are worrying about hearing some songs,think a reality check is needed.

I think the days of Morrissey getting a label is over. He is old, the quality of his music has declined and he often makes himself an enemy of any label that tries to work with him. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of his treatment of Miley Cyrus or Michelle Jubelirer associated with their label.
He totally trashed that Manchester event and Arianna Grande and by extension Chris Martin and Oasis.
He said over six months ago the label was working out a price for him to get his album back, the most logical conclusion is he did not try to buy it back or sabotaged that too.
There is literally no reason for any label to release any of the 2 new albums or work with him.
His band left him and he has alienated even more fans. There are other acts to work with who will be profitable, reliable and a lot easier to work with.
It's not edgy and cool and outsider-ish to run your mouth the way he does, he is just a bitter old man now.

an artist playing concerts-at this point in time will many people buy tickets after the last debacle.
doing interviews-thats a thing of the past unless they are handpicked.
legacy-a legacy takes decades to build and seconds to crash and burn.
Never would have guessed you to be so doom and gloom. So you’re saying Morrissey is a lost cause for any manager? I wouldn’t go that far. People will still attend his shows, but I think it would be best if they weren’t to happen just yet. I’m hoping the new manager will convince him to do some real interviews again (an art form he used to excel at). And his legacy may be tarnished, but I think he can fix it in the long run.

James just hit number 1 with their new album, 5 in the last 10 years have been in the top 10 (12 out of their 18 albums have hit the top 10) and Morrissey can't even get a label or keep one.
Maybe, just maybe, he is the problem.

Meanwhile… this is me thinking out loud in terms of what we’ve already heard, and whether the albums coming out are that big of a deal anyway, quality-wise.

"I Am Veronica" - a catchy song that will forever exist - unless the original recording leaks - as a short snippet that was released to promote tour dates, as far as the studio recording is concerned. I liked the live version. Would not have minded this as the single to be released.

"Rebels Without Applause" - dreadful song, especially the studio version that miraculously got released somehow. Although I hate the song itself, I like the fact that it exists because it proves that the album does exist somewhere and can potentially be.. releaked.

"Kerouac's Crack" - lol. Next.

"Ha Ha Harlem" - Iggy said it “slaps,” and I love Iggy. Just look at Stray Dog by New Order. Genuinely want to hear this one.

"I Live in Oblivion" - it’s a great track but is quite depressing; not the usual “romantic” depressing, but “maybe I shouldn’t listen to this today” depressing.

"Bonfire of Teenagers" - I’ve not enjoyed this to any degree. A shame it’s the title track. Prefer IANADOAC title track, which does deserve the live treatment.

"My Funeral" - as far as a song title goes it sounds promising, but could fall into the same “too depressing” category as I Live In Oblivion.

"Diana Dors" - now this is the one I’m really keen to hear. I’ve been interested in it since it’s been mentioned to exist for so many years, and Christian Dior - although this has nothing to do with anything in terms of how it will sound - is always in my top 5 solo songs. I’m taking that as a good omen.

"I Ex-Love You" - another promising sounding song title. I would say more about it if I knew the composers. I think someone posted the composers somewhere a few months back, didn’t they? If it’s a Jesse composition I’d give it a 50/50 chance of being decent. Another “River Clean” would be more than welcome.

"Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings" - can’t stand it, and of course it’s done live all the time.

"Saint in a Stained Glass Window" - love all the live versions. Finally a very good closing song, which we were also treated to with Hurling Days.

"The Night Pop Dropped" - it’s catchy and sounds like it would be a good album opener. Another Jesse composition that I don’t hate, but the ones I like are few and far between.

"Zoom Zoom the Little Boy" - another Jesse composition, but tracks with weird titles like this don’t tend to fare that well.

"Boulevard" - want to hope it’s good since it’s an Alain contribution. But so is Notre-Dayum and look how that went.

"Headache" - Gustavo composition. Hope it’s decent but the title makes me think otherwise.

"Without Music the World Dies" - don’t like it, just like I don’t like the BOT title track.

"Suspicious Minds" - a cover, and an album with this many tracks should really only have original material IMO.

"Notre-Dame" - lol. Next.

"Many Icebergs Ago" - interesting title and a Gustavo co-write. Hope it has some pretty piano in it or something like that.

"Happy New Tears" - hopefully an Alain composition that is the opposite of Notre-Dayum.

"The Monsters of Pig Alley" - can we get 3 good album closers in a row? I hope so, but the title sounds a little too… Who Will Protect Us From The Police?-ish.

Never would have guessed you to be so doom and gloom. So you’re saying Morrissey is a lost cause for any manager? I wouldn’t go that far. People will still attend his shows, but I think it would be best if they weren’t to happen just yet. I’m hoping the new manager will convince him to do some real interviews again (an art form he used to excel at). And his legacy may be tarnished, but I think he can fix it in the long run.
im ever the optimist,i was just pointing out things that other people say and think on here,people say they arent going to anymore concerts,they have said his legacy is ruined,he is also too afraid of being burned in interviews now.

Back
Top Bottom