who is the most beautiful? (choose two!)

who is the most beautiful?

• a) bridget hall

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • b) christy turlington

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • c) lou de loogie

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • d) kate moss

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • e) snejana onopka

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • f) sandrine bonnaire

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As of this posting, Lou de Laâge is mired in a miserable four-way tie for second place, far behind Bridget Hall (??). And the pool of respondents has probably been maxed out at this point. She has been said to "look like a child," called "either ugly or just very plain," and compared unfavorably to Mia Goth. Oh well. This is what happens when you ask the opinion of people on a Morrissey forum who think Dog On a Chain rivals the Smiths.

actress-lou-de-laage-is-photographed-for-self-assignment-on-february-picture-id593360350

796defe76f00c508f9a545d71a011285.jpg

Lou-de-Laage-Mixte-Eric-Guillemain-02.jpg

I'm really sick of seeing her face, a fact which tells me that she is NOT beautiful, because if someone is beautiful you can never get sick of seeing their face (rather there's a feeling that no matter how much you look you will never be able to take it all in (whereas with Lou I feel like I took in whatever there was to take in within the first 30 seconds of seeing her))

I'm really sick of seeing her face, a fact which tells me that she is NOT beautiful, because if someone is beautiful you can never get sick of seeing their face (rather there's a feeling that no matter how much you look you will never be able to take it all in (whereas with Lou I feel like I took in whatever there was to take in within the first 30 seconds of seeing her))

Good thing you’re not the sole arbiter of beauty.

Good thing you’re not the sole arbiter of beauty.
beauty does have an objective reality though and you wont come to understand it through the filter of your lil wienie. that's what ive been trying to make you understand all this time but you would prefer to eschew the magnificent and real objective reality of beauty for what is pleasing to your lil wienie.

beauty does have an objective reality though and you wont come to understand it through the filter of your lil wienie. that's what ive been trying to make you understand all this time but you would prefer to eschew the magnificent and real objective reality of beauty for what is pleasing to your lil wienie.

If beauty was objective, it would be like reality; we’d all agree on it except for the loonies. You can’t just dismiss whole swaths of dissenters from your own (subjective) preferences as wiener-led heretics. There are plenty of people who love Lou de Laâge who don’t even have wieners in the first place. That said, a wiener can still know what’s what.

If beauty was objective, it would be like reality; we’d all agree on it except for the loonies. You can’t just dismiss whole swaths of dissenters from your own (subjective) preferences as wiener-led heretics. There are plenty of people who love Lou de Laâge who don’t even have wieners in the first place. That said, a wiener can still know what’s what.
we do all agree on it--mostly. thats why elite models are elite models. because those in the know, who dont let their lil wienies get in the way of their judgment, who engage their intellects and sense of art, poetry, and culture and who are in touch with their innate instinct of the divine, are all in agreement (i promise you we are all in agreement). and it's only people like you who detract. i was just trying to help you out, audrey, but you dont seem to want that help, because understanding beauty takes attentiveness, and there's no instant gratification for your lil wienie involved. so be it! it's always funny to me though when dumb beer swilling men look at a model on the runway and are like "that's supposed to turn me on?" as though the models are there to turn men on. it's like uhh..... are YOU buying chanel? then, NO, that model is NOT meant to turn YOU on. the fashion world does NOT care about YOU.

we do all agree on it--mostly. thats why elite models are elite models. because those in the know, who dont let their lil wienies get in the way of their judgment, who engage their intellects and sense of art, poetry, and culture and who are in touch with their innate instinct of the divine, are all in agreement (i promise you we are all in agreement). and it's only people like you who detract. i was just trying to help you out, audrey, but you dont seem to want that help, because understanding beauty takes attentiveness, and there's no instant gratification for your lil wienie involved. so be it! it's always funny to me though when dumb beer swilling men look at a model on the runway and are like "that's supposed to turn me on?" as though the models are there to turn men on. it's like uhh..... are YOU buying chanel? then, NO, that model is NOT meant to turn YOU on. the fashion world does NOT care about YOU.

The fashion world and people who buy Chanel aren’t the ultimate arbiter either. But there are plenty of dumb beer-swilling men who like runway models. That’s why those leggy Victoria’s Secret angels ads run during the Super Bowl. Men aren’t monolithic in their tastes. Nor are women when it comes to who’s beautiful. There are pluralities, but no unanimity. Appeals to things like “intellect” and “innate sense of the divine” are (I’m sorry) just Platonic rhetoric. It can only be subjective. That’s all I’m saying.

what do you think of sasha pivovarova, aubs? do you like sasha pivovarova? i ask because she reminds me of lou in a way (except that sasha is a million times more beautiful-- but never mind that!)

1697064466957.png

1697064587920.png

1697064811988.png

1697064903734.png

1697064946270.png

1697065004679.png

The fashion world and people who buy Chanel aren’t the ultimate arbiter either. But there are plenty of dumb beer-swilling men who like runway models. That’s why those leggy Victoria’s Secret angels ads run during the Super Bowl. Men aren’t monolithic in their tastes. Nor are women when it comes to who’s beautiful. There are pluralities, but no unanimity. Appeals to things like “intellect” and “innate sense of the divine” are (I’m sorry) just Platonic rhetoric. It can only be subjective. That’s all I’m saying.
well you're wrong!

Um … not my type, I’m afraid.

🚢
course not!

i think i understand why you're on lou like a dog on a bone though. it's because up until now you've thought people like jenna jameson and amber heard were the paragons of beauty. compared to them lou is quite demure. i mean, she's quality, a french actress, right? so you're feeling good for liking someone of quality and you're wanting congratulations for it, in acknowledgment of your taste having improved. and i do approve of you liking her, she IS quality, but i do not approve of her being called OBJECTIVELY beautiful because when i look at her face it's like looking at a math problem that seems to work on the surface but which you get a feeling is somehow wrong, and so rather than feeling absorbed into it, as one does by the experience of looking at something beautiful, i feel shut out by it, it's a very blunt sort of feeling, and rather than engaging my imagination effortlessly, i would personally have to apply my imagination in all sorts of tedious ways in order to find her beautiful, but if you want to say that to YOU she's beautiful, that your imagineation (assisted by your lil wienie) is engaged by her, then THATS fine. i mean, i myself will go on and on about how nicky wire is the most beautiful man alive (and he really really is!!!) but i know that OBJECTIVELY alain delon is probably better looking than him.

course not!

i think i understand why you're on lou like a dog on a bone though. it's because up until now you've thought people like jenna jameson and amber heard were the paragons of beauty. compared to them lou is quite demure. i mean, she's quality, a french actress, right? so you're feeling good for liking someone of quality and you're wanting congratulations for it, in acknowledgment of your taste having improved. and i do approve of you liking her, she IS quality, but i do not approve of her being called OBJECTIVELY beautiful because when i look at her face it's like looking at a math problem that seems to work on the surface but which you get a feeling is somehow wrong, and so rather than feeling absorbed into it, as one does by the experience of looking at something beautiful, i feel shut out by it, it's a very blunt sort of feeling, and rather than engaging my imagination effortlessly, i would personally have to apply my imagination in all sorts of tedious ways in order to find her beautiful, but if you want to say that to YOU she's beautiful, that your imagineation (assisted by your lil wienie) is engaged by her, then THATS fine. i mean, i myself will go on and on about how nicky wire is the most beautiful man alive (and he really really is!!!) but i know that OBJECTIVELY alain delon is probably better looking than him.

Jenna Jameson and Amber Heard certainly fit the "hair metal girl" type, but that's not something I feel like I need to grow out of or improve upon. I've liked other French actresses before Lou de Laâge (and although the young Beatrice Dalle doesn't qualify as a "demure" type, Virginie Ledoyen might) and I don't want to be congratulated for it. Someone's beauty either appeals to me or it doesn't. I don't say Lou de Laâge is objectively beautiful because I don't think that exists. If gordyboy9 thinks Mia Goth is "one of the finest," on what authority can I tell him otherwise? She appeals to him. All I can say is something prefaced with "um" and try my best to be charitable. If I tag a post critical of Lou de Laâge with an "angry" reaction, it's just because I don't understand the criticism. I'm subjectively appalled. I would've reacted to gordyboy9 if this emoji was on the menu:

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom