Yes, there were times/I'm sure you knew - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Many people predicted doom and gloom for this tour - understandable given how the US tour ended. All in all, a triumph.

I do not want to make any judgemental comments on Julia personally - I know next to nothing about her, and for the most part, I've heard she is a nice person. Anyway - I am just curious to know how balanced one's life can be if they are totally and utterly devoted to one person or passion in life. Is it just that we judge a person, like Julia, believing she is only about Morrissey, because that's all we know about her? It's all we know, therefore we have a tainted, one-dimensional view of her, or people like her? Maybe.

Either way, if somebody is extremely (to the point of possible obsession) fanatic, I do wonder what their life outside of that is like. Are they enjoying all aspects of a fulfilled life? Are they missing out on life or, are they actually pushing their passion to the limit?

I've often said myself that if I had the money and resources, I'd absolutely love to see several shows from a Morrissey tour, and perhaps do some travelling, to see some gigs abroad... but I'm not sure I'd want to take it to the extreme and follow someone around the world, constantly. I'd miss home, family, friends, my work, and the other things that make up my life.

Then again, I think about the online-circulated theory that Morrissey continually gives Julia front row tickets to all of his shows: Would she be crazy to refuse them? Or more crazy to keep accepting? Would we say no?

Sorry, I'm just thinking aloud here. I know this thread isn't about Julia. If mods want to edit or remove, feel free.

Morrissey does go for long periods - years even without touring. So she must have other interests, hobbies, etc. Like you, I don't think I would attend every show even if I had the means and availability to do so. Maybe for her there is no one at home to miss, etc.?

There are legitimate disses and then there are wind-ups. Learn the difference and you will be all set.

I know the difference, thank you. I suggest you to read his posts and then conclude what is on table here. And if you don't care I don't mind... because I do.

Last edited:
Many people predicted doom and gloom for this tour - understandable given how the US tour ended. All in all, a triumph.

I am happy he finished it. I'm hoping this momentum carries to next year.

Did anyone see that Boz is going to be in LA in late January?

Am I reading too much into that?

Oh come on! You know that answer to that. You have perpetually told me and the other forum members exactly what you think is wrong with me for the last few years. That is until just recently when you decided to play nice in order to win the hearts and minds of the sycofemmes of Solo. Too hilarious.

WTF are you talking about?

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a life that's full
I travelled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Morrissey, December 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey does go for long periods - years even without touring. So she must have other interests, hobbies, etc. Like you, I don't think I would attend every show even if I had the means and availability to do so. Maybe for her there is no one at home to miss, etc.?

He should ban her from future concerts and see what happens.

Do you think she would still attempt entry?

I didn't really mean that comment. Fair dues to anyone who has the time and money to see Moz that many times. I wouldn't have the patience or money or determination to do that. I do think I would be fed up after 3 or 4 shows. As great as Moz is I wouldn't want to hear the same songs in the same order days in a row. I'm happy to see him once on a world tour. I don't know how Julia does it. You would hope for her sake that she has other distractions/reasons to live beyond going to concerts every night. It seems savagely repetitive to me, but what do I know.

I would give props to julia if she didn't act like she owns him and is nasty to teenagers who make it to the rails.

If you want to follow Moz, just get food stamps, become a sex worker and sleep with someone on the moz crew to get on the list. Done.

I loved that band The Violent SycoFemmes and their version of the song Add it Up.

Why can't I get just one f**k?

I guess it has something to do with.....the fact no one has a penis. :D

:lbf:

- - - Updated - - -

are you kidding? 625 shows? thats six hundred and twenty five shows. no rumor, we only know because Moz wrote it.

Right. It's a Moz-fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand how anyone can see a live show that many times and not be bored to tears. Surely it ruins the whole point of the experience; the excitement, the anticipation as you're waiting for them to come onstage, the atmosphere, surprises in the setlist, etc. Most people would be going through the motions, but nobody knows what is really going on with Julia and I doubt we ever will. Sometimes it is easy for obsessive people to dismiss the concerns of those close to them, because they aren't thinking rationally and will just believe that nobody understands 'the truth'. Morrissey is different - as long as he still gives Julia front-row tickets, still publishes his missives on TTY, still name-checks her live - he is colluding in this madness and bears a responsibility for it. And he knows - we all know - that this type of obsession usually does not end well.

Psychologists refer to them as enablers.

are you kidding? 625 shows? thats six hundred and twenty five shows. no rumor, we only know because Moz wrote it.

Correct—and never did I suggest that was a rumor.

I was referring to the various statements (e.g. "trust fund," etc.) that are made about Julia's life as though they are verifiable fact.

Funny, I've gone to the same office every workday for 17 years—that's what, about 4,400 days?—and no one has ever suggested that I'm wasting my no-life doing something I hate, or that I've left behind the ones I love at home while I slog away doing the same meaningless shit day after day. Who's the winner, me or Julia?

I don't care how she lives her life, personally. It's hers.

I was referring to the various statements (e.g. "trust fund," etc.) that are made about Julia's life as though they are verifiable fact.

Funny, I've gone to the same office every workday for 17 years—that's what, about 4,400 days?—and no one has ever suggested that I'm wasting my no-life doing something I hate, or that I've left behind the ones I love at home while I slog away doing the same meaningless shit day after day. Who's the winner, me or Julia?

Neither of you are winners. For different reasons. That's my opinion.

i didnt even know she went to 6 2 5 !!! shows unitl Moz wrote it.
do you mean to say that she attends moz show as it were some type of job?
otherwise i dont know what you are talking about.

I don't care how she lives her life either. However, for Morrissey to state that she's more fascinating than Emmeline Pankhurst because she has pathologically been to 625 of his shows makes him not only incredibly self-important but also deranged.

Chickpea, I totally agree with you there. It's Julia's life - if she is happy, and no harm is caused, then who is to judge? But I really wanted to explore the issue - is somebody truly happy if they are totally immersed, obsessed, or fanatical about somebody or something? With work, it is difficult to compare the issue, because we all need to spend time doing that out of necessity to survive and to maintain a certain lifestyle.

Still, I definitely see your point and much argument can be made by pointing out some of the ways that people use up their time. When all is said and done, it is about personal choice and I suppose no amount of my analysing or trying to understand it, can answer my question. Only Julia knows if she is happy. I hope that she is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom