​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

​B​radley Steyn - true-to-you.net

30 July 2014

​B​radley Steyn

I cannot admit to actually "knowing" Bradley Steyn. Yes, I am aware that he is South African and that he lives in Los Angeles, and that he has "walked off" three Morrissey tours - which really is his own business, not mine. My personal involvement with him has been zero, and he has certainly never been Head Of Security on any Morrissey tour.
I am aware of the false story he has placed on various news sites wherein he claims I asked him to "hurt" (kill?) David Tseng. Although Steyn's story lends itself to its own ridicule, I feel I must say to those who have not yet worked it out, that the story is a vexatious lie.
It is common knowledge that I dislike the SoLow site, and I am aware that all of the opinions posted on the site are controlled or written by David Tseng, and that David Tseng will give maximum and inexhaustive publicity to anything said in the negative about me. This is a general truth that most people accept about SoLow. It is nothing new, and I have long since learned to accept it.
The very idea that I would ask a complete stranger (Bradley Steyn) to physically attack David Tseng surely cannot register with any sane person as being likely. As mildly irritating as David Tseng may be, he is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with.
The shabby truth of this drama is that Bradley Steyn has been trying to extract money from what he terms "the Morrissey tour", and he has failed. He is now desperate, and this story is his latest escapade to gain someone's attention. What he is telling the world is that, as a music venue security officer, anyone who works with him in the future should expect the same harassment and persecution as he is now - mysteriously - wielding my way. It is beyond belief, and it is shocking that someone who makes claims of professionalism would lower himself to this level.
Please note that Bradley Steyn's statement is now in the hands of the Los Angeles Police Department, and is subject to both criminal and civil action.

MORRISSEY
​30 July 2014.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I say we dump this Morrissey loser and start a sexy sexy Francisco Lachowski forum.
WHO'S WITH ME!???

I think you are a cop out, fake and hollow. YOU start the thoughtful discussion. YOU share your feelings of his work. But nooooo, YOU complain instead. Just what does that say about YOU.

It says that he's probably just Smiler using an alternate account...

So Keene was a user pretending to dislike trolls, but he was really a troll trying to troll the trolls he disliked, think I got it.

As a "normal" fan I come here to catch up with the latest news on Morrissey and I do appeciate your effort, guys. Really greatful for everybody who have this thing going on. Yet, most of the comments made here are really vicious. I understand why he might feel this way. Fan sites appear to be rather supportive to artists, as moderatos seem to ban trolling comments that are simply offensive and nothing more. Other way round here, 50% things said seem negative, so there is a strong impession that those who run the site do favour negative opinions. What I don't understand is why some bother saying bad things about the music they dislike, there are a plenty of decent bands around to spend your time on.

As a "normal" fan I come here to catch up with the latest news on Morrissey and I do appeciate your effort, guys. Really greatful for everybody who have this thing going on. Yet, most of the comments made here are really vicious. I understand why he might feel this way. Fan sites appear to be rather supportive to artists, as moderatos seem to ban trolling comments that are simply offensive and nothing more. Other way round here, 50% things said seem negative, so there is a strong impession that those who run the site do favour negative opinions. What I don't understand is why some bother saying bad things about the music they dislike, there are a plenty of decent bands around to spend your time on.

The thing is, Morrissey has always been very critical of everyone and everything. And can be extremely unpleasant. He probably attracts the sort of person who is the same and at some point that type of person is going to turn their critical eye towards Moz himself.
You get the fans you deserve, I think.
He always says he doesn't like peoples very much. Maybe 'peoples' is just reciprocating?

Well, of course it going to seem like circles to you.....
Yes you are.
You say the site is worthless but you keep posting.

Which is it?

I think you should apologize for calling the site worthless while you continue to use it. You are clearly finding some worth out of it.

Or, as suggested before, you could leave. Either way, please stop going around in circles.

Yeah. f*** David and those alleged threats, eh? Poor, poor Moz.

P.

Yeah, and what an asshole David is wearing those f*** Morrissey-Solo shirts and f*** him for kicking Morrissey out of a concert that he paid tickets for.

Oh wait.. that was Morrissey's band and Morrissey's security folks.

This case will be interesting if brought to trial. I wonder what the court will think of Morrissey's credibility. Will it be "devious, truculent and unreliable" all over again? We may see!

How about "Devious, truculent, unreliable bitter and twisted nasty old tosser" ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

What was it Miss Young said ? Are yes "He controls everything".
Now then, the statement from Mr Morrissey ? " He (David T) is not someone who troubles me enough to even bother with." ! How can that be so ? When Mr Morrissey and his tour staff go to extreme lengths of identifying David T in the crowd at Mr Morrissey shows and refuse him entry as well as a refund for the ticket ?

No more further questions your honour.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The thing is, Morrissey has always been very critical of everyone and everything. And can be extremely unpleasant. He probably attracts the sort of person who is the same and at some point that type of person is going to turn their critical eye towards Moz himself.
You get the fans you deserve, I think.
He always says he doesn't like peoples very much. Maybe 'peoples' is just reciprocating?

Agree, he's bold enough to be mean about certain people he dislikes (we all are at times). Mostly in a dark funny way, and I guess he believes he has reasons for. If his "critical" fans are trying to emulate that, quite often it doesn't seem funny, just ill-disposed.

Viva and I don't swim in the same circles. He swims with sharks. I swim with dolphins. Pay attention!

You swim with dirty aquatic rapists? The thugs of the sea? Sounds about right....

dolphin-soon.jpg

AddEmoticons0093.gif
why do you continue to not post as your real name? keene isn't a name. it's an adjective. what is your real name? why did you cast away your real name for a fake adjective? how will i know what to call you if you don't tell me your real name? why? why you do this? why do you continue to not post as your real name? why?
AddEmoticons00927.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5437-1369273420-2.gif

You could be doing something useful, like a Brando/Moz mash-up. This shit's beneath you.

This article in the Irish Independent pretty much says the same as all the others, with one additional bit of information:

"Morrissey’s lawyer wasn’t able to clarify to The Independent whether or not a lawsuit had been filed."

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...-he-asked-bodyguard-to-hurt-fan-30476741.html

So, depending on how you read this, it would seem as though no one as actually been able to even confirm whether or Steyn ever actually filed a lawsuit in the first place, or if the entire TMZ story is all a bunch of nonsense from the top down.

Yesterday MozRecording spent $5 to search the database of Civil Court documents files in LA County, and there was nothing.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...dated)?p=1986860542&viewfull=1#post1986860542

Has there been ANY source other than the TMZ article for this entire story? Have Steyn or his lawyer (if he has one) made any sort of public statement at all? Or all we all really just going by that super-vague, waffley TMZ post? I'm still questioning whether this supposed lawsuit even exists, or if this is just a sloppy attempt at extorting money.

Watching the edited TMZ clip provided by Vu to the end, there is some info (UPDATE July 31:
TMZ Live video link is up. Link posted by Vu. Morrissey-related clip edited by Vu (26 MB, mv4) from this previous story).

One of the TMZ guys appears to be holding the lawsuit in his hands and is looking through it. At the end (around 7:00 mark of the edited clip) Harvey suggests that the civil lawsuit will be denied as it sounds hard to prove.

This article in the Irish Independent pretty much says the same as all the others, with one additional bit of information:

"Morrissey’s lawyer wasn’t able to clarify to The Independent whether or not a lawsuit had been filed."

http://www.independent.ie/entertain...-he-asked-bodyguard-to-hurt-fan-30476741.html

So, depending on how you read this, it would seem as though no one as actually been able to even confirm whether or Steyn ever actually filed a lawsuit in the first place, or if the entire TMZ story is all a bunch of nonsense from the top down.

Yesterday MozRecording spent $5 to search the database of Civil Court documents files in LA County, and there was nothing.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...dated)?p=1986860542&viewfull=1#post1986860542

Has there been ANY source other than the TMZ article for this entire story? Have Steyn or his lawyer (if he has one) made any sort of public statement at all? Or all we all really just going by that super-vague, waffley TMZ post? I'm still questioning whether this supposed lawsuit even exists, or if this is just a sloppy attempt at extorting money.

Last edited:
Watching the edited TMZ clip provided by Vu to the end, there is some info (UPDATE July 31:
TMZ Live video link is up. Link posted by Vu. Morrissey-related clip edited by Vu (26 MB, mv4) from this previous story).

One of the TMZ guys appears to be holding the lawsuit in his hands and is looking through it. At the end (around 7:00 mark of the edited clip) Harvey suggests that the civil lawsuit will be denied as it sounds hard to prove.

Thanks, I'll watch it now! I thought I saw the entire thing yesterday, but it must have been an edited version as it was only about 2 minutes long.

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean—the bearded guy seems to have seen the paperwork. Don't TMZ usually put court documents on their site when they have them? Are there Civil Court filings in CA that aren't public? I'm really curious to read the actual language, and to know exactly what Steyn is suing Morrissey for. Wrongful termination?

Whatever is going on here, I hope it blows over soon and that your (David's) day to day life is affected as little as possible by the whole thing. What a shitty situation all around.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll watch it now! I thought I saw the entire thing yesterday, but it must have been an edited version as it was only about 2 minutes long.

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean—the bearded guy seems to have seen the paperwork. Don't TMZ usually put court documents on their site when they have them? Are there Civil Court filings in CA that aren't public? I'm really curious to read the actual language, and to know exactly what Steyn is suing Morrissey for. Wrongful termination?

Whatever is going on here, I hope it blows over soon and that your (David's) day to day life is affected as little as possible by the whole thing. What a shitty situation all around.

I would love to give my lawyer husband the papers-I suck at reading legal documents.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom