“Interlude” reissue confirmed for April's RSD, 2024 (February 15, 2024)

MorrisseySiouxsie.jpg

"Interlude" is a 1968 song written and composed by Georges Delerue and Hal Shaper and originally performed by American soul singer Timi Yuro. It is the title track for the 1968 film of the same name. In 1994, the song was covered in a duet by Morrissey and Siouxsie Sioux and released as a single in August of that year by EMI. It was presented under the banner of "Morrissey & Siouxsie".

Related item:

Of all the things that could have possibly been released, we get this appalling, crumby
Worst Mozz single of all time yet again.

Another nail swiftly plunged into the Mozz
Coffin,
Surely, there can’t be much wood left😞
Harsh Baz, it’s a beautiful song done beautifully.

I'm not so fond of this song either, but it's because I don't like duets with Morrissey. It's nothing against him, but I always thinks he falls flat against the duet partner. I had it with Bobby, with Interlude and with Cosmic Dancer. I hate the version with Bowie (also I don't like Bowie that much). It's starts beautifully and then Bowie chimes in and overpowers the song and not in a good way, whereas the version just with Moz I like very much. Maybe his voice isn't suited for duets. To me it's somehow a Souxsie song, sorry.

I have the original 12", bought during the continental dry out summer of 1994. A 7" reprint, bought lately. But I never ever stumbled over the original CD-Single.
I bought the CD when it came out. Back then I had a few Cure 12" but didn't really have records on my radar like I do now. I bought the two Moz 7" single boxsets a few years ago and Interlude was one of them. For RSD in April I'm more interested in the OMD releases and Suede Autofiction live. Pixies 2LP coloured concert vinyl looks ace too. I'm not a fan of gold records - I don't know why!

p.s. probably blasphemy but I think a Siouxsie only version of Interlude would be far better. If the 12" had that as b-side I'd consider buying it. In the meantime here is VERY RARE footage of Moz & Siouxsie on the ONLY occasion they performed Interlude live. My camera was hidden in my sock and it was very difficult to hold my leg up for the entire song.

Last edited:
its currently trading at £1593.38 an ounce so get your calculator out.
Ffs the Interlude 12" will cost around £8,445. A tiny bit more if there's a fat sticker on it. That's €9,871 for me. Knowing the Ireland shops they'll round it up to €10K. I wonder is there a limit to number of purchases per customer? I think my friends would like it too.

I bought the CD when it came out. Back then I had a few Cure 12" but didn't really have records on my radar like I do now. I bought the two Moz CD single boxsets a few years ago and Interlude was one of them. For RSD in April I'm more interested in the OMD releases and Suede Autofiction live. Pixies 2LP coloured concert vinyl looks ace too. I'm not a fan of gold records - I don't know why!

p.s. probably blasphemy but I think a Siouxsie only version of Interlude would be far better. If the 12" had that as b-side I'd consider buying it. In the meantime here is VERY RARE footage of Moz & Siouxsie on the ONLY occasion they performed Interlude live. My camera was hidden in my sock and it was very difficult to hold my leg up for the entire song.

Oh lucky you, if it's really true. ;-)
I bought the 12" because the 5" wasn't available. That was the only reason to be true.

Oh lucky you, if it's really true. ;-)
I bought the 12" because the 5" wasn't available. That was the only reason to be true.
Yah it's true but it was two 7" boxsets i bought,not CD, typo. I have the CD single here somewhere. Here it is, being minded by my apes.

20240216_135533.jpg

Great song although Siouxsie's vocal dominates and really shines. I have the 7" and couldn't be arsed getting arse ripped for a 12", gold or not.
There are so many different opinions on this song. Although I am a Siouxsie fan, I don't think her voice suits it. And then when Morrissey comes on it's so soothing, like falling back into a (vegan) feather bed.

Yah it's true but it was two 7" boxsets i bought,not CD, typo. I have the CD single here somewhere. Here it is, being minded by my apes.

View attachment 101660
I'm a huge fan of "Planet of the Apes" and think it's very fitting, that the apes are acting as guards here. It's the first film, I saw in cinema with my beloved uncle in 1979, when the 10th anniversary edition of the film reached my provincial town.

I've always loved Interlude in it's original version with Morrissey and Siouxsie. It's the song for the very last day of autumn and I think both voices weave harmoniously into each other. Siouxsie sounds more like the male part and Morrissey sounds almost feminine, vulnerable, albeit sonorous. A wonderful side project from his most fruitful phase in 93-94, when he was simply in love. Perhaps for the first time ever.

Last edited:
Ffs the Interlude 12" will cost around £8,445. A tiny bit more if there's a fat sticker on it. That's €9,871 for me. Knowing the Ireland shops they'll round it up to €10K. I wonder is there a limit to number of purchases per customer? I think my friends would like it too.
acton rsd has lost its meaning over the years,it was meant to help independant shops,but the big hitters are charging over the odds now.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom