Alain plays "How Soon Is Now?" all on his own

This is top-notch. and no mistake.

*EDIT* When I try to link it, it says it won't embed. Just click on the 'Watch on Facebook' link herein.

...I know some folk can't see this, and so, with Alain's permission, here is the Youtube video...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried telepathy which seems to work toooo!
But I don't have any antipathy against using words.
On the contrary, and I admire yours.

you're too sweet! and now I feel strange, will have to go out and strangle a nun to balance things out. ;)

from Wiki,
'The recorded history of Manchester began with the civilian settlement associated with the Roman fort of Mamucium or Mancunium, which was established in about AD 79 on a sandstone bluff near the confluence of the rivers Medlock and Irwell. It was historically a part of Lancashire, although...'

So I guess in a way the Romans put the 'M' in Manchester. ;)

I like the name Mancunium.
The question now should be:
Roma or Mancunium?
Sounds good for an album title, don't you think? :)

Love ❤️ forever Alain , much respect and loyalty to him , I will never get over he is not with the band anymore ... or Gaz :sleepy:

Are you trying to pick me up ? o_O;)

Metaphorically and internet wise, yes!
Am I weird? Possibly! Is it that strange to have a certain affinity with people you meet on a internetsite and feel sympathy for?
Okay, I am strange! :thumb:

Metaphorically and internet wise, yes!
Am I weird? Possibly! Is it that strange to have a certain affinity with people you meet on a internetsite and feel sympathy for?
Okay, I am strange! :thumb:

on the the internet it's fine, but don't you dare try it in the real world !

lock you up! ;)

on the the internet it's fine, but don't you dare try it in the real world !

lock you up! ;)

Maybe I would, if I could. :p
That's the risk a man has to take.
Or lock himself up, behind a keyboard, a non musical one, that is. :(
I am not scared but would hate myself for saying anything inappropriate.
Cheers KS! :thumb:

Maybe I would, if I could. :p
That's the risk a man has to take.
Or lock himself up, behind a keyboard, a non musical one, that is. :(
I am not scared but would hate myself for saying anything inappropriate.
Cheers KS! :thumb:

inappropriate is the new appropriate, especially when the sands of ones hourglass of life are running quick.

So... :lbf:

So is this what Alain (pompous spelling for a man named Alan whose parents were a bit insecure) Shyte is up to these days?

I know 20 bars where he could sing "house of the rising sun" for a fiver and a beer. Save your hair man the world is fooked.

Props to Skinny.

Love him or hate him, he brings stuff, sometimes little, sometimes bigger, to this site that is well worth the visit.
Many thanks, Skinny.

Alain looks to be in good shape. Looks rested.

You are missed, Alain.

now all that Alain needs is a good drummer,bassist,etc and Morrissey as the singer, and he'll be back in one of the greatest bands again.
I'm interested, Ketamine....maybe it was just a flippant remark, but why do you personally think Mr. Walker doesn't do a good job for the Mozzer?

I think he more than handles the material, and while he can be stoic 'looking', while he plays, his playing is definitely not stoic. I think he brings some much needed umphh to the set.

Be well....

I'm interested, Ketamine....maybe it was just a flippant remark, but why do you personally think Mr. Walker doesn't do a good job for the Mozzer?

I think he more than handles the material, and while he can be stoic 'looking', while he plays, his playing is definitely not stoic. I think he brings some much needed umphh to the set.

Be well....

I wasn't clear, sorry. When I wrote 'a good drummer,bassist,etc' I meant the band M has now. And that Alain could play as well, 3 guitarists is not that odd. Also, I agree Walker is a ace drummer, in the pocket, etc.

This is top-notch. and no mistake.

*EDIT* When I try to link it, it says it won't embed. Just click on the 'Watch on Facebook' link herein.

...I know some folk can't see this, and so, with Alain's permission, here is the Youtube video...

Even the most hardcore of Morrissey fans would be hard pushed not to acknowledge that the current band just cannot hold a candle to the Cobrin, Day, Boorer and Whyte line-up.

From the giddy, nearly drunken and certainly raw blitz of the "Kill Uncle" tour where they genuinely looked, acted and played with a near pathological abandon and contempt for the musical mores of the day up to "You Are the Quarry" when only Alain and Boz were left standing they contributed more musicianship, melody and hits than could reasonably have been expected of them at the start of the journey it was just one joyous burst of pop after another.

Like many of you I was at Manchester for the "Who Put The M in Manchester?" show and I met up with Alain afterwards. It was very obvious that he was not in a position to be able to carry on as a member of the band at that point. He seemed unsettled and unhappy. The fact that he wasn't cast aside with the sort of contempt that Morrissey has displayed for other musicians over the years speaks to how valued he was by him. The fact that he continued to contribute despite being "out" and the fact that those contributions were, usually, the best offerings at those times also speaks volumes about his ability as a musician and a songwriter.

I can't see how Alain could come back. It flies in the fact of how Morrissey operates and, if I'm being honest, I don't see Alain having any real interest in jumping back into that world. He seems very content. Married, a child, songwriting credits with some huge acts, regular royalties topping up the bank account and the stability of a regular life. I just don't see why he would want to return.

Anyhoo.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom