Article: 'Duet with Morrissey? No thanks, he can't sing', claims singer-songwriter Risa Hall - Mancu

'Duet with Morrissey? No thanks, he can't sing', claims singer-songwriter Risa Hall - Mancunian Matters
by Olivia Buckley

Manchester icon Morrissey doesn't have a stitch on the so-good-it's-'crazy' Gallagher brothers, according to singer-songwriter Risa Hall.

Excerpt:

Self-proclaimed 'adopted Mancunian' Risa admits not all of the city's musical exports quite live up to her standards, and would choose to collaborate with the 'unique' Oasis brothers over former-Smith's frontman Morrissey.

Originally from New York, Risa, who moved to the city in the same year The Smiths formed, admits to being less than impressed by the vocal talents of one of Manchester's most iconic, if not miserable, musicians.

Risa said: “If I could collaborate with any Manchester artist it would be the Gallaghers, it has to be the Gallaghers right? They have such unique voices and their songs are just such good songs, like they manage to get so much into just three minutes of a song it’s crazy.

“It definitely wouldn’t be Morrissey, I’m gonna get killed now [laughs] but yes seriously, his lyrics are really good but his voice isn’t up there and I’m all about the vocals.”

Luckily for her, Morrissey wasn't free for a collaboration...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: 'Duet with Morrissey? No thanks, he can't sing', claims singer-songwriter Risa Hall - M

Who is this bitch?

Re: Article: 'Duet with Morrissey? No thanks, he can't sing', claims singer-songwriter Risa Hall - M

I LOVE Oasis, but even Noel wouldn't agree with the above statement.

"The Smiths had a swagger, even if it was a feminine swagger. They were quite cocky and confident. f***in' hell, Morrissey is as arrogant as they come! Even to this day, he thinks we're all beneath him. And Johnny Marr believed he was the best because he is the best.

What we did after that was in no way as musically accomplished. I'm no Johnny Marr, Liam is no Morrissey, and we were no f***ing Smiths." - Noel Gallagher, 2011

Morrissey & Robbie Williams - Something Stupid

Has she heard Morrissey sing??? I don't mean on a CD! I am sure she has not. Speaking out of turn Risa, because you would not say that if you heard him sing A cappella. That's real singing not a CD that has pro tools to make people sing in pitch. I like Liam but he is not Celine Dion or Mariah Carey who have crap music but amazing voices.

lol another tone deaf musician

Has she heard Morrissey sing??? I don't mean on a CD! I am sure she has not. Speaking out of turn Risa, because you would not say that if you heard him sing A cappella. That's real singing not a CD that has pro tools to make people sing in pitch. I like Liam but he is not Celine Dion or Mariah Carey who have crap music but amazing voices.

Oasis have crap music AND crap voices

Who the hell asked this twit about a duet with Morrissey anyway? I say kick her down the aisle and treasure the day!

Who the hell asked this twit about a duet with Morrissey anyway? I say kick her down the aisle and treasure the day!
They didn't, she was just asked which Manchester artist she would do a duet with, and of course she instead of just answering the question she talked about who she wouldn't do one with, stupidly claiming the Gallaghers are better singers, Morrissey isn't absolutely amazing but far better than them.

i like the part where she claims theres so much going on in there songs. i mean werent they praised for being vague lyrically, they didnt want to know how the garden grows, and direct musically. i mean i like roll with it but its pretty simple in conception and structure.

i like the part where she claims theres so much going on in there songs. i mean werent they praised for being vague lyrically, they didnt want to know how the garden grows, and direct musically. i mean i like roll with it but its pretty simple in conception and structure.

Yes their lyrics have beeb basic for years now across the board.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion in a democracy. From a technical perspective neither Morrissey (sorry folks) nor either of the Gallagher's is a good or even adequate singer. For anyone interested in singing check out the movie"50 Feet from Stardom" then honestly compare the vocal talents of your heroes/heroines.

Interesting comment...I'm a classically trained soprano, and one of the reasons I love listening to Morrissey is that he has fabulous, free singing voice. He could cross over into classical, if he wished, with no problems. So what is this "technical perspective" of which you speak....?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom