"Autobiography" by Morrissey – #1 for the third week in the UK paperback non-fiction chart

Wow. Amazing. Won't sleep a wink tonight at the news...

Why wouldn't it be so? The man used the term "bearded clam" in his autobiography!
Of all of the words, terms and phrases that I would have guessed to be in this book, the clam was a shocker. Please pardon the pun.

5 November - true-to-you.net
5 November 2013

Autobiography by Morrissey remains number 1 for the third week in the UK paperback non-fiction chart. Woops :barf: Forgot to mention the fact that Steven still remains without a recording contract ! :laughing:
poo-to-u ! The really useful Morrissey website !(NOT)

f***-poo-to-u ! t-shirts anyone ?

Pony the Tony

Why wouldn't it be so? The man used the term "bearded clam" in his autobiography!
Of all of the words, terms and phrases that I would have guessed to be in this book, the clam was a shocker. Please pardon the pun.

Yeah that was the one jaw dropper, made me laugh out loud, I'm sure he was saving it for the next album but just HAD to release it now! it could be another 5-10 years before we get anything new after all.

:thumb: Wonderful. We all know how much #1 means to Morrissey (and now we really know after reading the book)! It's well deserved :bow:

Morrissey definately shut every critics word, also the ones who said that his collaboration with
Penguin was wrong.

NMBR1 for 3 weeks, that's fantastic Morrissey

'and they say he's mentall'...sister I'm a singer/lyricist....

I couldn't believe it when I read it. Our man veers a bit too wildly between high and low registers.

Made me want to vomit profusely, to quote another out-of-style turn of phrase in there.

Hope AA Gill never branches into publishing, he obviously can't see a bestseller staring him in the face! Hope Moz makes loads of dosh from the sales!!! Yeeehaaaaa:love:

Re: "Autobiography" by Morrissey – #1 for the third week in the UK paperback non-fiction chart

Rated #4 in Amazon's biography listings, and #9 overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope AA Gill never branches into publishing, he obviously can't see a bestseller staring him in the face! Hope Moz makes loads of dosh from the sales!!! Yeeehaaaaa:love:

A.A. Gill reviewed the book, not the sales. Like music, sales of books do not connote quality.

the master deserves all the money he gets from the book,qaulity is priceless : )

But most popular books are released in HARDBACK and really he hasn't been No1 since the first week overall!

To quote Amazon bestsellers chart is like saying it only reached 50 in ASDA's bestsellers chart (Katie Price is number 1 in ASDAs book chart:straightface:) Moz is number 1 in Sunday Times Bestseller's list for paperback non-fiction (Culture Section). Penguin knew a winner when they read the first draft OBVS, as any good publisher would have done. USA release will line his pockets further hopefully! Well done you genius Moz :love:

Rated #4 in Amazon's biography listings, and #9 overall.

- - - Updated - - -

A.A. Gill reviewed the book, not the sales. Like music, sales of books do not connote quality.

more sobering anorakisms from barleyborn.
never one to miss an opportunity to sneer.

Back
Top Bottom