BBC4 now

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
"Pop What Is It Good For"...great programme

Currently deconstructing "This Charming Man" with Paul Morley, a journalist chap who's face I know, but name I do not, and Mike Joyce.

Journalist - "He's a great sketch writer"
Joyce - "What a great riff!"

It's a great, great programme, recording it now. Watch it if only for an Elvis impersonator singing "This Charming Man"

Peter

Paul Morley is an ex-NME journalist (I think he has always been pretty supportive of Morrissey) - he's interview Moz plenty of times.

"Pop What Is It Good For"...great programme

Currently deconstructing "This Charming Man" with Paul Morley, a journalist chap who's face I know, but name I do not, and Mike Joyce.

Journalist - "He's a great sketch writer"
Joyce - "What a great riff!"

It's a great, great programme, recording it now.

Peter

Would you be able to upload it Peter? or is worth it? maybe in the download section

cossy

it's been all queen ffs! are you sure this is the programme to watch, yawns!

love

Grim
P.s. Affs... oh never mind never mind never mind the Palace or bollocks! ;)

Would you be able to upload it Peter? or is worth it? maybe in the download section

cossy

Well, I'd love to. I have one of these BT Vision boxes, that records everything, and has three USB ports. I tried hooking the computer up to it, but it wouldn't recognise it as a hard drive, so whereas I can see it, I can't transfer it. Bugger. Maybe the BBC website or iPlayer can replay it sometime soon?

Sorry I can't be much more help.

Peter

it's been all queen ffs! are you sure this is the programme to watch, yawns!

love

Grim
P.s. Affs... oh never mind never mind never mind the Palace or bollocks! ;)

No no no! You got it wrong! It's only been Queen since 11. 10-11 was the programme in question.

Peter

For those who missed it, it's repeated in about half an hour. Definitely worth watching.

I have to say I thought the line-by-line deconstruction was pretentious wank and embarrassing to watch. I doubt very much Morrissey intended himself to be the "puntured bicycle"...deflated, indeed.

I would have liked to hear more of the Elvis version, though - that had some promise!

yeh, i caught the repeat last night at 0.45 am,,,what was the point of having joyce there,,just a shot of the back of his head,,and one sentence from him "i just thought it was a great riff ",,,pointless, and there was a "poet" dissecting the song,,his conclusion there was an intention of "buggery" to be had in that car on both parts...how would he know if he didnt write the song....worth watching "just"...tobin

I have to say I thought the line-by-line deconstruction was pretentious wank and embarrassing to watch. I doubt very much Morrissey intended himself to be the "puntured bicycle"...deflated, indeed.

I would have liked to hear more of the Elvis version, though - that had some promise!

Janice Long mentioned this programme after playing 'That's how people grow up' last night. She spoke of the Elvis singer too.

I only saw it from Queen. Will watch it later and fully expecting you to be right.

Back
Top Bottom