Blender mag names the "Top 50 Geniuses of Pop Music."

No, but he put together The Velvet Underground. Of course, calling them pop music is a huge stretch...

If the band helps you get laid, it counts as pop music.

In fact, on that score, Andy Warhol might be the greatest man who ever lived, because since Warhol you can be 100% full of shit when it comes to art and nobody can prove it. For a generation of fakers he was a one man sexual revolution.

Well, okay. In New York anyway.

I actually thought Andy had made a mistake. He specifically asked for a 'dick tucker' but Mo showed up instead.

And somehow, Andy's wish was fulfilled anyway:
maureentucker.jpg

No, but he put together The Velvet Underground. Of course, calling them pop music is a huge stretch...

Sorry to be a pedant but Lou Reed put the Velvet Underground together (and he's at 22 in this poll) Andy Warhol is credited as producer on the debut album but in reality had nothing (or very little) to do with the music.

I hope this post doesn't make me sound like a smug git

Upon reading page 2 or whatever he was listed on, I actually said out loud in the middle of my office..."If Tupac was such a genius, why did get shot?" :rolleyes:

im not a huge fan but tupac was poetic at least. I actually think he belongs on there. missy elliott, not so much.

Bob dylan looks extremely creepy nowadays.

just looked at the list and i don't know what's going on, but it looks like Morrissey is in at number 13.5 - whatever that means. No one else on the list is number .something - is it a joke or what? very strange? maybe it's just my computer??!?!?!?

just looked at the list and i don't know what's going on, but it looks like Morrissey is in at number 13.5 - whatever that means. No one else on the list is number .something - is it a joke or what? very strange? maybe it's just my computer??!?!?!?

Tallboy7 explained it on another thread which I'm surprised hasn't been Kewpied onto this one.

Back
Top Bottom