"Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" release (Jan. 10, 2020); album sleeve revealed?

Some people reporting 'Bobby Don't You Think They Know' is on YouTube now, which would be the first from the forthcoming album.
I was sent this link:

But it isn't working for me. Got 9 views though.
E: Looks like the release date is 10/01/2020, as Anonymous suggested, which is why it is currently available in Australia.

full

UPDATE Jan. 10:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey drops duet with Motown star Thelma Houston - The List

Excerpt:

Morrissey recruited Grammy-winning Motown star Thelma Houston for the epic duet, who said: "One of the biggest joys for me in this business is getting the opportunity to collaborate with other top artists.

"I love the challenge to see if what I do can work with what they're doing. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

"I think the blend of what Morrissey is singing and what I'm singing really works on 'Bobby'.

"And it was a lot of fun working with M in the studio too!"

The 'Mute Witness' singer's long-time producer, Joe Chicarelli, has teased that the upcoming LP, which is released via BMG on March 20, is "the boldest and most adventurous" record ever recorded by Morrissey.

He added: "I have now produced four studio albums for Morrissey.

"This is his boldest and most adventurous album yet.

"He has pushed the boundaries yet again – both musically and lyrically.

"And once again proving that as a songwriter and singer, he is in his own category. In truth, no one can be Morrissey but ... Morrissey!"

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your remarks are not exactly bursting with enthusiasm. But I'm glad you have time to criticize me. I'm sure that's important to you.

MORRISSEY is light years away from the form that once made him an adorable singer. Apparently he wants to land in the USA with this more modern sound and appeal to a younger audience. Add to that the folklore with old school saxophone and organ and it doesn't fit for me and there is no mystery or sparkle. Very American, very flat and not very filigran.

Unfortunately, Morissey's voice also sounds old and breathless, which underlines the production of Chicarelli very well.

I am surprised, that in this context I have to read Roger Manning Jr. as an "accomplice" again and again. While his work with Jellyfish in the early 90s was groundbreaking, retro and at the same time innovative, his instrumentation for Morrissey has mostly seemed like foreign bodies for a few years now.

But what am I explaining here. Morrisey's "new" fanbase celebrates the single as a catchy tune. To everyone the hardcore fans, he deserves.

The music's fine...it's an album track or a b-side....certainly not a single........it's Thelma Houston's histrionic vocals on top that ruin it. A decent producer would have had a word.

Is there any modern music you enjoy? Or just 80s and 90s stuff? Of course this doesn’t compare to the Morrissey of old and neither does it want to. It’s a fine 2020-song in its own right. I’m not likely to hear a better song released this year anytime soon.
You are wrong.

Is there any modern music you enjoy? Or just 80s and 90s stuff? Of course this doesn’t compare to the Morrissey of old and neither does it want to. It’s a fine 2020-song in its own right. I’m not likely to hear a better song released this year anytime soon.

You’re not likely to a better song this year hahahahahaha. Now I know you’re talking shit. This barely even qualifies as music, it’s synthetic garbage, like all of joes works. Morrissey could sing the alphabet acapella and it’d be more enjoyable than this mess. All this rubbish serves to do, is remind me how far Morrissey has fallen, and how much the likes of Johnny Marr, and Alain Whyte brought to the table.

The music's fine...it's an album track or a b-side....certainly not a single........it's Thelma Houston's histrionic vocals on top that ruin it. A decent producer would have had a word.
Agreed, it’s more an album track than a single really. But so was World Peace.
I do really like Thelma’s vocals though. They make the song that much more dramatic.
Will be impossible to reproduce in concert though ;)

So you don’t. Fine, enjoy living in the past.
Compared with "Sunny" f.e., it's dog shit, to keep in theme. What do you know about modern pop music to say you will not hear a better tune in 2020 any time soon? Poor little fool. The track is a nasty album ditty at best.

Well, like I said then keep living in the past and enjoying the old songs, nothing wrong with that.

Sunny is spectacular too, yes. Should have been on an album.

I like old Moz. He's going from Hamlet to Caesar to Lear. As nature intended.

Heard it once and I actually quite like it. It's a strong and pleasing piece of music which I think will grow, and the singing is good too. Nice harmonies and melodies. Be interesting to see how the music world and radio stations react. Go team Moz!
Maurice

Can't wait to hear Gustavo do Thelma's parts in concert.... in Spanish!

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain i am not a dog on a chain info
Back
Top Bottom