Bona Drag extras

The vocals on Oh Phoney are just lovely :cool: the music... less so

The music on Let the right one in is better than other versions I've heard... but the vocals seem flat...

Thanks for sharing - getting excited by this album now.

Dave

That version of "Let The Right One Slip In" sounds like a higher mix of the first version of it that I ever heard. I'm excited!

You are a sweetheart...I think I had never been so happy with such a short thing before...thank for the snippets

After October 4th, it will take like 20 days to arrive, but it will be worth the ways, as always...

Thanks again

Hmm...I actually perfer the demo music to Oh Phoney, but it'll be a good track to download and have to the collection

Well, for whatever reason Morrissey didn't originally use/like Oh Phoney, I'd say he has changed it completely with this new mix. It sounds like a completely different song.

Is this the same Oh Phoney as the one that featured on the unofficial Revelations LP?

Listen RL,

It's not leaked yet... but you will manage your copy as soon as the album is released.. don't download, guy.. buy it.
It's a work of art. D'you download Mona Lisa?

Of course I am going to buy the album. I have five copies of the CD; 3 copies of the LP and 2 Cass versions of the original. Don't worry I have bought my share of Mona Lisa's but thanks for your 2 Cents. Because someone downloads songs does not make it a bad thing. I am a musician and people steal my stuff all the time. Good for them. I am just happy somone likes the material. Until you make your living from something then I don't then you have a right to comment. It's kind of like being a man and talking about abortion.

terrancestamp steals music!! I know him well.Don't let him lie to you.

So do we know if these versions of LTROSI and OP are from their respective eras or are they new production mixes of old material?

Piccadilly Palare

Just noticed that the alternative long version of Piccadilly Palare included in the Bona Drag 2010 re-release is not the same as the previously unreleased long version.
They both include the extra lyrics "a cold water room, it's not much I know, but for now is where I belong, am I really doing wrong? around the centre of town, it's where I belong, am I really doing wrong?" however the full length version (which to this day remains unreleased) also includes the extra verse "no dad, no dad, I won't be home tomorrow" repeated 3 times towards the end of the track.
The intro in the full length unreleased version is also about 13 seconds longer than the one on Bona Drag 2010 and the overall track length is some 22 seconds longer in total.

I have uploaded both tracks to Sendspace:

Piccadilly Palare (unreleased long version)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gkhsd1

Piccadilly Palare (Bona Drag 2010 version)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gu3btd

Enjoy!

I.R.

Thanks for this IR - teasing us with this...

I've always thought that the unreleased long versions was too slow - the piano and the tempo is just too plodding - I've always thought that as someone has converted it from tape or vinyl that their player must have been faulty.

The new version from Bona Drag 2010 sounds a 1000% better. Apart from the fact that is is cut short at the end - does it blend into interesting drug on the album?

Thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the chance is that the whole album might find its way into cyber space before Oct 4th...

Dave

Piccadilly Palare

Just noticed that the alternative long version of Piccadilly Palare included in the Bona Drag 2010 re-release is not the same as the previously unreleased long version.
They both include the extra lyrics "a cold water room, it's not much I know, but for now is where I belong, am I really doing wrong? around the centre of town, it's where I belong, am I really doing wrong?" however the full length version (which to this day remains unreleased) also includes the extra verse "no dad, no dad, I won't be home tomorrow" repeated 3 times towards the end of the track.
The intro in the full length unreleased version is also about 13 seconds longer than the one on Bona Drag 2010 and the overall track length is some 22 seconds longer in total.

I have uploaded both tracks to Sendspace:

Piccadilly Palare (unreleased long version)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gkhsd1

Piccadilly Palare (Bona Drag 2010 version)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gu3btd

Enjoy!

I.R.

Thanks I.R for this!!

I believe the Bona Drag 2010 version is the same mix as the one in the standard B.D, but with the extra verse included. I think the unreleased mix was just a rough one, not the definitive.

I am so looking forward to hear the new Bona Drag, I wish the cover would have been different though.

Cheers

Tags
bona drag extras
Back
Top Bottom