Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
‘For their treatment of animals.’

But yes, agree, have a feeling that he views all meat eaters as ‘sub humans’ which is shocking.
thewlis raygun never replied when you asked when was the last time you seen him live,he probably hasnt.

1986 (The Smiths), 1991 (amazing), 1992 (way too big arena--The Palace of Auburn Hills, MI), 1997, 2000, 2004, and 2006. Every show was great. He never canceled on me.
So why did you stop going?
I saw him last year and he was still great. Better than in 2006 to be honest.
Saw him on almost every tour since 1992.
He canceled only once on me.
Or twice if you count the Bowie tour.

So why did you stop going?
I saw him last year and he was still great. Better than in 2006 to be honest.
Saw him on almost every tour since 1992.
He canceled only once on me.
Or twice if you count the Bowie tour.
His many "recent" cancelations makes me question his dedication. I still buy everything he releases, just hoping that he catches lightning in a bottle one more time. World Peace was the first time I didn't like a Morrissey album and since then, I just don't feel the same about him. Damn, it has been 10 years now! He's just no longer larger than life anymore. I keep hoping he returns to form but I know he just can't. Hell of a run though.

Dude, you have to be joking. Btw, can you enlighten everybody and explain why in a song called Rebels Without Applause, there is...applause? It is pure schlock.
Why would I be able to explain that? Try and get ahold of Andrew Watt!

I still think you guys are way too sensitive. You’re missing out on a great pop song because of your hang-up.

A few years ago, he said that people ultimately prefer their own race. Whether or not he’s right or wrong is beside the point. He needn’t be saying stuff like that in public.
This is probably the least 'controversial' thing Morrissey has ever said - in the sense that it's just a fact. Ask any social scientist. Babies show signs of this by about 3 months. All animals show 'group' behaviour. He didn't say it's a good thing or a bad thing. And he didn't suggest that we shouldn't strive to overcome this more primitive and primal side to human nature. But that we should deny it, or not talk about it, is crazy.

This is probably the least 'controversial' thing Morrissey has ever said - in the sense that it's just a fact. Ask any social scientist. Babies show signs of this by about 3 months. All animals show 'group' behaviour. He didn't say it's a good thing or a bad thing. And he didn't suggest that we shouldn't strive to overcome this more primitive and primal side to human nature. But that we should deny it, or not talk about it, is crazy.
I am white and most white people annoy the hell out of me.

Even if it is a fact, most people aren’t well-versed in social science and to them it might sound crude and vaguely racist - and that’s not going to further his already ailing career.

Plus he said pretty much the same in 1992 in Q magazine: “I don’t really think, for instance, black people and white people will ever really get on or like each other.”

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom