Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many things have mirrored Mozzers
Views . Too many things that are obviously from Mozzer to say it’s all Sam’s fault
I agree he probably posts shite on his own
But I think some is Ms idea . Given the crap Moz has pulled with his emails to Capital , his Paris single emails via boz and John riggers . It’s obvious Moz likes to gaslight and pretend he is saying one thing while saying another or pretending other people are responsible for his own actions .

The best thing to do was post nothing

I don't think that's true. Morrissey's "views" are really incoherent for someone steeped in far right videos. Whereas Central's political content & SER's leading questions hold together.

Even if Morrissey buys the record back, he will be sued by Miley's record company if he releases the album with her on it.

Honestly, I can't bother caring about Morrissey's opinions on anything. He is paradoxical and quarrelsome just for the sake of it. I found his Autobiography pretentious and unimportant.

His ideas, whether good or bad, are never worth losing sleep over. :D

Morrissey's opinions about his own albums aren't even the best - look at how he has fiddled with the track listings.

This article has been linked to before on Solo, with its own thread previously, and it's an interesting read, comparing Moz's career woes (the article was written in 2020) with the demise of The Smiths.
It's by the Irish journalist, Ed Power, writing for The Independent, a fairly center left newspaper in the UK. The use of the words 'downfall' and 'pariah' probably speaks volumes about the political leanings of the author.
This bit struck me:

Twenty-three year old hotshot American video director Tamra Davis was flown in to oversee the shoot (Davis would go on to marry Beastie Boy Mike D). As arranged, the band turned up at Brixton Academy. But Morrissey had chosen to absent himself.

Frustrated, Marr went with Davis and Friedman (who wouldn’t be sacked until the second week in May) to the singer’s Knightsbridge flat. He refused to come out.

“I remember very distinctly that I had no idea if Morrissey was standing behind that door laughing at the three of us pleading with him, or crying,” Davis told Tony Fletcher in A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of The Smiths. “Johnny was like, ‘That’s it. The band is over’... And he walks away.”

With the recent statement about exhaustion, are we all metaphorically standing behind that door? With no idea whether Morrissey is laughing, or crying?

Honestly, I can't bother caring about Morrissey's opinions on anything. He is paradoxical and quarrelsome just for the sake of it. I found his Autobiography pretentious and unimportant.

His ideas, whether good or bad, are never worth losing sleep over. :D
I half agree with that. I don't think anyone's views or opinions are worth losing sleep over. But that seems to be an unpopular point of view these days.
Moz can be contradictory, extreme, at times silly, but also at times clever and insightful.

Last edited:
I half agree with that. I don't anyone's views or opinions are worth losing sleep over. But that seems to be an unpopular point of view these days.
Moz can be contradictory, extreme, at times silly, but also at times clever and insightful.

True. I suppose I like his younger self from the Smiths era a lot more.

I half agree with that. I don't anyone's views or opinions are worth losing sleep over. But that seems to be an unpopular point of view these days.
hes a contrarian and a disruptor,we need that in the world,it is becoming too sanitized theres too many po-faced twats everywhere now.

This article has been linked to before on Solo, with its own thread previously, and it's an interesting read, comparing Moz's career woes (the article was written in 2020) with the demise of The Smiths.
It's by the Irish journalist, Ed Power, writing for The Independent, a fairly center left newspaper in the UK. The use of the words 'downfall' and 'pariah' probably speaks volumes about the political leanings of the author.
This bit struck me:

Twenty-three year old hotshot American video director Tamra Davis was flown in to oversee the shoot (Davis would go on to marry Beastie Boy Mike D). As arranged, the band turned up at Brixton Academy. But Morrissey had chosen to absent himself.

Frustrated, Marr went with Davis and Friedman (who wouldn’t be sacked until the second week in May) to the singer’s Knightsbridge flat. He refused to come out.

“I remember very distinctly that I had no idea if Morrissey was standing behind that door laughing at the three of us pleading with him, or crying,” Davis told Tony Fletcher in A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of The Smiths. “Johnny was like, ‘That’s it. The band is over’... And he walks away.”

With the recent statement about exhaustion, are we all metaphorically standing behind that door? With no idea whether Morrissey is laughing, or crying?

It doesn't matter if he's laughing or crying.

The band's over.

hes a contrarian and a disruptor,we need that in the world,it is becoming too sanitized theres too many po-faced twats everywhere now.
A contrarian, yes. But the only thing he’s disrupting is his own record releases and concerts. I don’t need that, and if Morrissey is honest when he says singing—for audiences—means everything, then he doesn’t need it either.

It pains me to see good loyal fans take this Central post as some sort of sign that BOT will now get released.
This changes nothing. Morrissey's reputation is as low as it can possibly be throughout the recording industry.
Worthwhile remembering there was one person only who botched BOT being released- Morrissey.
Who was it that said they wouldn’t be surprised if Moz ends up having to tour with Robbie Williams to get big uk audiences and a record deal again ? Im starting to think that is the case
In the past he wouldn’t be seen dead with Robbie or Miley. He knew they were pop garbage but after seeing the emails to capital and his desperate attempt to gaslight the suit , simply so he could ride MCs coat tails . I bet he doesn’t like her even
It was just to say “ look at me with a big American star “ . Basically an extension of California Son,. So even though he isn’t keen on Robbie , his desperation might mean he would take the cash and the hope of a bigger audience. I wouldn’t be surprised anymore . Especially as Robbie’s Netflix thing has given him some clout and even though Robbie has a much bigger audience than him and is liked , would still be in awe of Moz as he is a fan. to the point of having plastic surgery to try to look like him. Moz and him do kinda look a little like each other these days. in terms of ,build , coloring and certain fashion choices. In spite of all Robbie’s surgery , they still don’t like each other in face of course , they have very different faces . Robbie has Freddy Stars face . lol .
The fact that Robbie is a fan of his and is in awe means Moz would have power over him and could lord it .and we all know moz loves to lord it and feel above folk .

Sad thing is it wasn’t Billy Bragg and the. For Britain thing that lost all the fans. he has lost . It was all these little games and lies and stupid posts on Central ( even if not by him the website is his official one , so in his name ) and utter contempt for his fans..
He has ended up looking like a bitter , childish, empty old man to most people
Where as once he was considered up there with Bowie and Dylan , now people think Liam and Robbie have more about them than him, It’s a shocking turn of events .
The real shame is he still has a great voice he still has it in him to make a brilliant song and do a good show . But it’s like he can’t reach the man he used to be . He trusted all the wrong people. Imagine what could have been if he would have done the tour and a record with Johnny in 2009 . He would have put out great Top tunes, his audience that were falling off again after ROT would have got bigger . shows would have been mega , Johnny would have kept him right. Instead he went on tour with Jesse who uses him and had KY who hated him and told loads of fans this in private messages. Then along came SER to help demolish his visual style and image. No wonder his mental health got bad around 2010 and 2015
The cherry on the cake is Dodders, a hired gun PR writer who has no real understanding and keeps rewriting the same kind of article This reflects badly on Moz

I really hope he takes sone time out and gets it together

Generally, no.
I think world history is against you on that one. Or at least, history would suggest that progress and decline go through cycles, rather than an ever increasing upward line. Or alternatively, some things get better and some things get worse as time goes on. Society has never been better in some ways, and yet there is a mental health crisis in young people. And surveys suggest people have never been unhappier. Who would have thought that empty consumerism could be so soul destroying?

I'm not done with him exactly - but there's nothing you can do if the problem is family.

They want him to be NF MAGA - they're going to have to sell the tickets, the merch & the music.

I wish all of you good people out there would stop bickering over what is, ultimately, of not really much importance at all.
Growing old has taught me that The Smiths were fantastic, Morrissey has released some great solo records and some mediocre ones. It has also taught me that Mr. Morrissey couldn't care f***ing less about his audience. He really doesn't give a toss about any of us.
I said it in an earlier post:
Get into Status Quo (or anything with major chords and catch melodies and start enjoying what's left of your lives).
I was an absolutely obsessed fanatic about all things Moz but I thank God that it's over for me now.
I would recommend listening to the Gaslight Anthem, explore their catalog, lots of great songs. Obviously, we have The Killers to listen to. Their compilation Direct Hits plays like Bona Drag--absolutely superb. Their concerts are fantastic, Brandon Flowers is energetic, plays the hits, and never cancels. Morrissey Is Not The World.

I wish all of you good people out there would stop bickering over what is, ultimately, of not really much importance at all.
Growing old has taught me that The Smiths were fantastic, Morrissey has released some great solo records and some mediocre ones. It has also taught me that Mr. Morrissey couldn't care f***ing less about his audience. He really doesn't give a toss about any of us.
I said it in an earlier post:
Get into Status Quo (or anything with major chords and catch melodies and start enjoying what's left of your lives).
I was an absolutely obsessed fanatic about all things Moz but I thank God that it's over for me now.
God, we are similar. When did things turn for you? I can trace it for me to World Peace. I remember it like yesterday. I went to Best Buy, they had tons of his cd for sale. First thought was this cd cover is awful but I was so excited to hear it. I played it and thought it was crap. Then combined with his nutty comments and his inexplicable decline in style, I couldn't help but conclude, here's a guy who just no longer cares.

Yeah, I thought about the Stones and how impressive their live concerts are and have always been. Lots of energy and dynamism for their age. They seem to care a lot about their fans, too, and this since the very beginning.

Cancelling at Morrissey's rate would be inconceivable for any other band or artist. Also, constantly getting into unnecessary mediatic quarrels and becoming more or less known for your persona rather than current artistic performances – but that's just Moz today.

To hell with this talk of the Stones. I've never understood the "look at these guys, they're old but they have so much energy and still have the moves!" assessment of dotard rockers. I've loathed the Stones since the mid-80s as an embarrassment to their former glory, and I think Get Off the Stage is a terrific song.

I've also never cared for musicians who "get into it" with hand-clapping and dancing to please the crowd. Morrissey said of Lou Reed that he was "unimpressed with applause." That's much more dignified. Liam Gallagher was like that in the beginning. I knew Oasis was starting to lose it when Liam Gallagher would come out from behind the microphone to wave and whoop up the crowd and point at the cute girls. Cheesy. But when I saw them in 1994 he was frigid, stoic, and regal. I think contempt for one's fans is somehow attractive, so Morrissey's cancellations don't bother me. There's a hierarchy.

Yeah, I thought about the Stones and how impressive their live concerts are and have always been. Lots of energy and dynamism for their age. They seem to care a lot about their fans, too, and this since the very beginning.

Cancelling at Morrissey's rate would be inconceivable for any other band or artist. Also, constantly getting into unnecessary mediatic quarrels and becoming more or less known for your persona rather than current artistic performances – but that's just Moz today.
Yes, confounded by showbiz inevitabilities (and Morrissey has been confronting issues as old as the business itself, nothing new), it seems like he’s fell for the charms of notoriety.

To hell with this talk of the Stones. I've never understood the "look at these guys, they're old but they have so much energy and still have the moves!" assessment of dotard rockers. I've loathed the Stones since the mid-80s as an embarrassment to their former glory, and I think Get Off the Stage is a terrific song.

I've also never cared for musicians who "get into it" with hand-clapping and dancing to please the crowd. Morrissey said of Lou Reed that he was "unimpressed with applause." That's much more dignified. Liam Gallagher was like that in the beginning. I knew Oasis was starting to lose it when Liam Gallagher would come out from behind the microphone to wave and whoop up the crowd and point at the cute girls. Cheesy. But when I saw them in 1994 he was frigid, stoic, and regal. I think contempt for one's fans is somehow attractive, so Morrissey's cancellations don't bother me. There's a hierarchy.
It would be more attractive if the artist in question didn’t whine about the repercussions, though, wouldn’t it?

And I think Liam’s “crowd pleasing” was quite harmless and really minuscule. He wasn’t being George Michael (God bless his soul).

It would be more attractive if the artist in question didn’t whine about the repercussions, though, wouldn’t it?

Perhaps. But Morrissey has had a persecution complex since the beginning, so it really isn't anything new. The most undignified aspect of Morrissey at this point is his website.

Back
Top Bottom