Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Moz is locked away in the alps, recuperating from whatever. Rather than using words to announce something, someone in his camp uses low-effort MS Paint level editing to put out a vague message. I'm going to assume this is another petty swipe at Capitol. I'll believe Bonfire is here when it's coming from my speakers.
Unless its on an indie label, no chance.

Major label CEOs inhabit a very small world and I imagine the others will not be impressed at this juvenile belittling of someone who was keen to sign Morrissey and ended up being let down by him. That of course is assuming this post even enters the orbit of these people.

Another day, another vague and pointless post... why can't someone, SER or Morrissey, just write and either say 'following Michelle J.'s resignation, Morrissey is now meeting with the new CEO to discuss releasing the album...' or 'despite Michelle J.'s resignation, nothing changes and Morrissey still needs a label.' Really I don't think anything will have changed as BoT was only blocked due to the Miley Cyrus thing and Morrissey's own unwillingness to buy back the album. He's made a mountain out of a molehill and I doubt Capitol will want to work with him again. Happy to be wrong!

We were handed hard evidence (the email conversation between Moz and the suit what’s-his-name): Capitol or Michelle J hasn’t anything to do with Bonfire not being released. Moz breached the agreement with Miley and refuses to remove her vocals. Anyone believing Michelle J’s resignation will change anything is deluded.

What I learned was that they wanted to wait until after the Grammy. They did not want to disturb miley cyrus chances too win.

Every day I'm on Solo I understand more and more why Morrissey calls this place toxic. 🤢 Sure, there's good parts to it... but also really unnecessarily bad ones. The toilet photo that was recently removed, for example... That's the interwebs for ya, I'm not surprised. I just feel for Morrissey.

I know it was Sam, but I like the idea that he's legs up in Zurich dragging clip art over the album art on an iPad and doing a chef's kiss to the mirror - "magnifique!"

Every day I'm on Solo I understand more and more why Morrissey calls this place toxic. 🤢 Sure, there's good parts to it... but also really unnecessarily bad ones. The toilet photo that was recently removed, for example... That's the interwebs for ya, I'm not surprised. I just feel for Morrissey.
I missed it. What was it?

And yet, here you are.

It's a glorious post, great fodder. Perhaps could have only been improved by the guy breaking the chains being Nelson Mandela.

Which itself could only be improved if they photoshopped Mandela wearing the infamous Mporium James Baldwin t-shirt and entitled it, "free at last, free at last, thank God Almighty I am free at last!"

Back
Top Bottom