Morrissey Central "Bonfire Unlit" (November 14, 2022)

full

'Bonfire of Teenagers' is no longer scheduled for a February release, as stated by this site. Its fate is exclusively in the hands of Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Should that be his main task? To keep his mouth shut in order not to say what occupies him. Even if it is so strange for many? Work longer on a new record, get musicians/songwriters from your successful phases back (if they want to), think about a valuable artwork, take a producer who assesses you and pray to God that someday some of your strange behaviour will no longer be held against you.
That was fecking dumb. Anyone with a brain knows what I meant. I meant don't go so hard on the wind-up I couldn't give a shit what he says, I, like most people, know the guy is a born blagger and loves to wind up. I couldn't give a shit. The trouble is other people do give a shit and it's stopping his music from getting out. How you act has a knock-on effect. I wish people could enjoy his games like some of us do. They don't though. and look where we are.
It's not helping him, by pretending he is still as popular as he was, it's not helping him by pretending his f*** ups are actually noble gestures. All the yes men and sheeple fans make me sick and have put us all where we are now, another year not knowing when we can listen to our favorite singer's new records
I actually wasn't attacking him

It's really frustrating but the album is probably just delayed until later next year. The live tracks released so far have kept me going.

Do labels normally announce this type of deal? Or do the artists?

Hopefully the album will come out soon.
Historically, for Morrissey, the vast majority of release information was found on True-To-You.net with 'their' descriptions, details and artwork. 'He' announced management deals, record deals, product pre-order & format info and concerts / promoters et al - seldom were there subsequent full page advertisements or loud fanfares from the various record companies involved.
Regards,
FWD.

Can anyone look up the record index number on the back of the album cover? I assume this is similar to a book ISBN

He just can't get out of his own way. Endearing when he was in his 20's and 30's, just sad and pathetic at age 63!

As always, the whole operation is in shambles. What other major artist does this? What other major artist’s career is handled in such an unprofessional manner by everyone involved including the artist himself? It would be kind of fun and endearing if he was in his 20s, but the man is 64 next year.
Holy crap. Without looking at your post until I typed my comment, we had the identical thought!

Can anyone look up the record index number on the back of the album cover? I assume this is similar to a book ISBN
Information via @davidt.
Appears to be generic:

Regards,
FWD.

Will add:
The 019... & 749... numbers link to nil too.

I'm not sure where to look. The number being there alone is a sign the album is on its way surely. Perhaps a step closer, even if it is after February. I wonder if Morrissey has rang them and said get me on your bloody artist list now, my fans need to know! 😂

It seems that the severe theological styles of the album - featured on Bonfire, Oblivion and Saint - are being brought to bear on the release of the record itself. The path to Bonfire must be one of sacred suffering and we must, it seems, remain devoutly resolute and patient. It’s certainly an album rollout to be remembered.

Historically, for Morrissey, the vast majority of release information was found on True-To-You.net with 'their' descriptions, details and artwork. 'He' announced management deals, record deals, product pre-order & format info and concerts / promoters et al - seldom were there subsequent full page advertisements or loud fanfares from the various record companies involved.
Regards,
FWD.
I miss True-To-You.net!

It seems that the severe theological styles of the album - featured on Bonfire, Oblivion and Saint - are being brought to bear on the release of the record itself. The path to Bonfire must be one of sacred suffering and we must, it seems, remain devoutly resolute and patient. It’s certainly an album rollout to be remembered.
Now he really knows how Joan of Arc felt as her digital files started to delete.

For me, his name & album title on the front cover could be positioned a little more into the top right hand corner, but I love the photo of a young Moz way more than any of the album cover photos of him since Vauxhall.

He really seemed to lose his way with his album sleeves over the past quarter of a century. I thought the props of Quarry, Ringleader & Years…were just silly. Swords must have the worst photo of him ever used on a sleeve; he looks like a constipated, Cross-eyed simpleton. World Peace…is just pointless. Low…is head-scratching in its lack of style.

Need I go on?

A teenage Moz with a big yellow heart on his jumper seems apt for an album with a title song about Manchester teenagers being murdered.
"Constipated, cross-eyed simpleton" was definitely not the look he was going for...I hope. And what about the album titles? WTF was he trying to convey with an album called "Swords?" I mean, what?

Rest assured this has absolutely nothing to do with vinyl pressing plants and backlogs. You pay to play in this industry and therefore one can move swiftly (see Taylor et al.) up the line with the backing of a label such as Capitol. There is no need to try to create excuses, the artists knows precisely what he is doing, but placing the blame at the label level is unjust and simply untrue.

"Constipated, cross-eyed simpleton" was definitely not the look he was going for...I hope. And what about the album titles? WTF was he trying to convey with an album called "Swords?" I mean, what?

I read somewhere that it was meant to read like: Morrissey ‘S words.

If that was his intention, it’s still a rubbish title.

I think pretty much all of his solo album titles have been lacking.

World Peace is None of Your Business, & I Am Not A Dog On A Chain being the exceptions.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers
Back
Top Bottom