Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more photos

From the Bootleg Hi-Fi twitter stream ~

Moz being serenaded by BS-M in front of stage ~

B9izk9LIMAECEcp.jpg

and then explaining who Ant & Dec are, back stage ~

B9izk9LIAAAJVuG.jpg

And today, from Buffy Sainte-Marie's twitter stream ~

"Surprise visit last night from #Morrissey, one of UK and Europe's most beloved artists. Scrambling dates to see IF we can accept his invitation to be part of his arena tour in March - hope hope. TY Morrissey & fans."

UPDATE Feb. 14:

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I just point out that there's been 17 replies and not one of them has mentioned Buffy? I think this would be an interesting choice for a support act and await Morrissey's TTY confirmation as to why her words and music have been so influential in his life.

Please keep on topic. I'm continually berated for supposedly hijacking threads so it's a pleasure to put you all on the naughty step.

best
BB

OMG! Samantha Fox....there is a name I haven't heard or thought about in around 20 years...Back in the early MTV days here in the US she came out with her Naughty Girls (Need Love Too) video and I was definitely "smitten". Had no idea she is/was a topless model.

Actually, of all the hosts listed above, I think her and Mick Fleetwood would be a blast to watch.

Yes, sorry about Corden, although I think I warned you all before Christmas. As for Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood I don't know if it could have been called a blast, but it certainly left a large, smoking crater.

My favourite Sam Fox music memory was the controversy over her overtly sexualised "song" (judged by those times) called Touch Me I Want Your Body. She defended the song on television complaining that were more sexy songs than hers in the charts. "There's that one by Depeche Mode in the charts called Stripped. Why don't they get any problems? That's rude too, innit?"

- - - Updated - - -

Can I just point out that there's been 17 replies and not one of them has mentioned Buffy? I think this would be an interesting choice for a support act and await Morrissey's TTY confirmation as to why her words and music have been so influential in his life.

Please keep on topic. I'm continually berated for supposedly hijacking threads so it's a pleasure to put you all on the naughty step.

best
BB

Take my hand for a while, BB. Explain it to me once again. Just for the sake of my broken heart. ;)

Re: Article: Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more phot

How did this man gain any popularity? HOW?

James-Corden-008.jpg

Here is our American Version:

andyrichterspecial.jpg

His name is Andy Richter and he is co-host to Conan O'Brien. I do like this guy and think he is funny...They should have used him...but he is kind of a "second banana" type. Would you consider taking James back? and at what cost? I'll consider it ;)

Re: Article: Buffy Sainte-Marie invited to be part of March arena tour according to Tweet; more phot

View attachment 33714

His name is Andy Richter and he is co-host to Conan O'Brien. I do like this guy and think he is funny...They should have used him...but he is kind of a "second banana" type. Would you consider taking James back? and at what cost? I'll consider it ;)

Do you have the receipt?

View attachment 33714

The last time I saw him I shouted at the telly, admittedly this is a frequent occurrence as my wife usually has the controller but it was him and that other twat Gary Barlow at the same time. So no, never again! I hope he loves life over there.

- - - Updated - - -

best
BB

We're all waiting with anticipation to see if she says yes.

Yes, sorry about Corden, although I think I warned you all before Christmas. As for Sam Fox and Mick Fleetwood I don't know if it could have been called a blast, but it certainly left a large, smoking crater.

My favourite Sam Fox music memory was the controversy over her overtly sexualised "song" (judged by those times) called Touch Me I Want Your Body. She defended the song on television complaining that were more sexy songs than hers in the charts. "There's that one by Depeche Mode in the charts called Stripped. Why don't they get any problems? That's rude too, innit?"

- - - Updated - - -

Take my hand for a while, BB. Explain it to me once again. Just for the sake of my broken heart. ;)

Yes, we were forewarned but nothing could really have prepared us.

Here it is....Morrissey should have Samantha Fox open for him this year! I like it...honestly I have no idea who Buffy is, but I wouldn't mind checking out Sam for a half-hour or so before Moz hits the stage singing her "classics". Just me ? :rock:

View attachment 33714

Lovely fella Andy Richter: he's more sophisticated, interesting (and even funnier) than his "second banana" gig would lead viewers to believe.

EDIT: Morrissey should ask more of his (still-extant) influences to open for him - t'would be a lovely gesture.

Last edited:

Yes, we were forewarned but nothing could really have prepared us.

Here it is....Morrissey should have Samantha Fox open for him this year! I like it...honestly I have no idea who Buffy is, but I wouldn't mind checking out Sam for a half-hour or so before Moz hits the stage singing her "classics". Just me ? :rock:

If you don't know Buffy you just don't know Nuttin':) She was on Sesame Street in the Seventies. Been singing since the sixties. I posted a recent song earlier today here's another one. She keeps it real.

If you don't know Buffy you just don't know Nuttin':) She was on Sesame Street in the Seventies. Been singing since the sixties. I posted a recent song earlier today here's another one. She keeps it real.

But Sam keeps it hot! Just saying :horny:

'Arena' tour?

so there must be US gigs forthcoming?

'and they say he's mentall'...Buffie will be His best guest opener for since He went solo, and will she play the Arena's in Groningen and Tilburg :)

Did any of you click on the tweet sent out By Buffy ? The first response to her tweet was the Blue Rose Society !!!! I thought it was just a horrid joke but the Blue Rose must really exist . Wonder if Buffy will take up on the offer to give Moz a rose ?

'Arena' tour?

'and they say he's mentall'...Buffie will be His best guest opener for since He went solo, and will she play the Arena's in Groningen and Tilburg :)

i wonder if theres a list somewhere of all of his openers over the years. i only remember the libertines and kristen. i think it was kristen. she came out alone and sang to a pre programmed backing track and was really strange. had no idea what was going on. also if theres a us tour i hope to see you guys there. really really hope there is a us tour in the making.

Here's a good primer interview on Buffy St. Marie.
It's no wonder Morrissey is an admirer:

'Arena' tour?

Well the Forthcoming tour is all in arenas. I'd imagine it's those six dates.

Well the Forthcoming tour is all in arenas. I'd imagine it's those six dates.

I love how he asked her 5 weeks before the tour starts, lol.

I love how he asked her 5 weeks before the tour starts, lol.

bet shes gonna try and make it happen thou as itd be good for her exposure wise. morrissey still has old and young fans in abundance

Blykey blood hell, I can't believe he is having this Yank Canadian open for him. I think he should have that fat black English Jazz lady who covers The Smiths songs open. Well, of course she is a Brit and Black so he won't have to have some black person as a stage backdrop so all the Brits won't say he is racist or I was thinking Sinead O'Connor and she can rip up a pic of the Pope. I'm sure all the Orange Army psychos in Belfast would love that.

Thank you for posting this. It makes it crystal clear why Morrissey, or anyone would enjoy her company. I get a little Joni Mitchell vibe from her. She is sweet, real, and a down to earth kind of girl that anyone would be charmed by.

Back
Top Bottom