Does your taste in music get mocked alot?

I don't tell many people my taste in music because most people are stupid.

Why would anyone care what people thought?

You can be superior just knowing that you've got taste and they haven't!!

The way i see it is, if the music someone eles likes can give them the same lifted feeling i get from my music iam happy for them :) i just say to people thats not my sort of music but long as u like it good for,so i dont mock or get mocked but i get odd responces!
Iam a liquid/atmospheric drum and bass dj that also plays break beats/ deep house(no cheese) i listen to a lot of dub and deep roots reggae so my music is very underground and non commercial.
When i speak to other moz fans and tell them i dj drum and bass etc they find it a bit odd the same as other djs/friends think its odd i like morrissey but they can see and understand why i like moz because knowing who iam as a person.
I wont tolerate cheap throw away chart music and teenage bubble gum rnb rap clap trap lol Some hip hop was good when it had something to say (public enemy) but now every thing has been sold out and gone disney!
U do u and let them do them :):thumb:

I get told i'm depressed because of the smiths/morrissey lovin'

and i like Enrique Iglesias and seen him twice, so people call me Enrique LOL and say i must be gay because of both of them :(

i get stick from my mates,workmates,strangers,family,past girlfriends,and friends of my friends of my taste in music.morrissey and bowie are my faves and i dont care who knows it.the worst verbal abuse came from a rocker who i thought would actually like morrissey during a lunchtime canteen banter,he said he was shit and couldnt belive id follow a pair of gays like moz and bowie!much to the amusement of his piss taking audience,i told him it was better than headbanging:guitar: to status quo and guns and roses anyday!my mates are into coldplay and other new indie groups and percieve my idols as old hasbeens,my family have never heared of moz or the smiths,so when i tell them im off to a moz gig, they just stare at me,i might as well just save my breath,my x girls hated them,my new girl loves them,other people who find out im a fan of moz think i must be morbid, gay and a bit strange.well im not morbid or gay,and if i seem a little strange well thats because i am,f*** em all,thats what i say!!its not our fault weve got good taste is it?:thumb:

I have just reached the stage in my life where I no longer care what others think of my musical taste. This has taken me a long time, but now im a little bit older (none the wiser), I realise, who cares! ;)

I am constantly mocked by my work colleagues because of my love of Morrissey (ahem, obsession actually). My Moz tattoo still gets laughs wherever I go, two years later! A work colleague has my mobile number under the name Morrissey. Ooh thats hilarious :lbf:

But I take great comfort in the fact that those who do mock, have never experienced music like I do. They dont go to gigs and they haven't discovered the beauty of amazing lyrics. So I feel for anyone who doesnt appreciate the wonderfulness that is music, be it any music.

Morrissey's words give me great comfort. If i did not have his words and music, I would probably go mad or at least sink into deep depression :crazy:

And as for the old "Morrissey is so depressing" business, dont get me started!

:):):)

I have just reached the stage in my life where I no longer care what others think of my musical taste. This has taken me a long time, but now im a little bit older (none the wiser), I realise, who cares! ;)

I am constantly mocked by my work colleagues because of my love of Morrissey (ahem, obsession actually). My Moz tattoo still gets laughs wherever I go, two years later! A work colleague has my mobile number under the name Morrissey. Ooh thats hilarious :lbf:

But I take great comfort in the fact that those who do mock, have never experienced music like I do. They dont go to gigs and they haven't discovered the beauty of amazing lyrics. So I feel for anyone who doesnt appreciate the wonderfulness that is music, be it any music.

Morrissey's words give me great comfort. If i did not have his words and music, I would probably go mad or at least sink into deep depression :crazy:

And as for the old "Morrissey is so depressing" business, dont get me started!

:):):)

Very well said , you are great.
Cheers Moz

I find pretty all Smiths/Moz lyrics funny, very funny indeed at times. They make me laugh,smile and sing for joy....
Cheers Moz & Johnny

au contraire, mon cher

i like my music to be quite deep....you may largh but my favourate lyracist is roger waters,closely followed by mozza,but then i like the specials and some hip hop like emenem...mainly i like indie and guitar....but lyricly i like an artist 2 hav the balls to say what they want....i mean floyd how much of an influence was they to radiohead....the kinks influenced blur!!!!1all music is valid and it`s all down to individual taste i guess

I don't tell many people my taste in music because most people are stupid.

I agree. Those who do know about my strong Morrissey interest do take the mick a bit, but it's all in jest. I only get annoyed when people make ignorant comments along the lines of 'god you must be depressed', but then I just remember that they're missing out on on so much enjoyment that Morrissey fans get. I'm a Morrissey fan and proud, the rest of the world just has to deal with it.

Well said! :)
The rest of the world are missing out. Moz fans just happen to have superior taste in music ;)

A Moz fan and very proud :thumb:

My favourite artists are morrissey, the smiths, joy division, rage against the machine, tool, manic street preachers, Depeche mode, radiohead, editors, bjork

But i get constantly told that that my bands are "emo" and i have no taste whatsoever. How do I get people to shut up.

Honestly, if you want someone to stop saying something, agree with it.

"Yeah, I hear ya.. I have no taste in music. I need an emo intervention."

Most digs are designed to provoke a negative reaction. Give a positive one and people usually stop.

Now, outside of that, it really shouldn't matter what they say. That's their opinion and it has nothing to do with you. Music is one of those things that people either like or don't like. It's not a choice. I couldn't possibly wake up tomorrow and decide that I liked Madonna. I either do or I don't. Today, I don't. Your taste in music is who you are. Embrace that and what people say really won't matter.

I hate it when people say, "Morrissey's a whiner!"
He's a lot more eloquent than a simple whiner. Everyone says that just because they've heard others say it, they know not of what they speak.

I hate it when people say, "Morrissey's a whiner!"
He's a lot more eloquent than a simple whiner. Everyone says that just because they've heard others say it, they know not of what they speak.

Indeed.
Unfortunately, it took one bighead to say, "Morrissey's a miserable sod" back in the 80s for the ignorant public to take it as the truth. :straightface:

Morrissey - "miserable, emo, moody, arrogant bastard"

The Smiths - "Johnny Marr was the only talent and now he is shit"

New York Dolls - "Rolling Stones wannabes...Shite band"

Tegan & Sara - "wow, hot lesbian twins...their music is ok BUT wow lesbian!"

Joy Division - "Are you planning to kill yourself?"

New Order - "eurgh, they're shitter than JD"

REM - "Great songs but why does that guy with THAT voice have to sing?"

The Specials - "Haha, boring"

Yup, I do get mocked!

Love PTxx.

Oh by the way, the day your taste in music doesn't get mocked means you only like mainstream, multi-million selling, NME, festival headline bands rather than groups who have actually anything worth-while rather than silly hair cuts to music and people's lives!

Love PTxx.

PT..wait till your band starts recording demos and playing out shows and your band gets mocked or ridiculed. That hurts and frustrates even more.

Tags
jealousy
Back
Top Bottom