Don't forget the songs that made you cry

Patrick!

And I watch Home Alone...
What is the last song by the Smiths, Morrissey, or any band for that matter that has made you cry? Tonight I just remembered why I usually end "Meat is Murder" with "Barbarism..." when I cried in my car like a little girl with a skinned knee.

There are some Smiths and Morrissey songs that made me cry in particular moments, but the one that makes me cry every single time I listen to it is "Sunny". I don't know why exactly, but It has something so moving and touching. I just cry.

There are some Smiths and Morrissey songs that made me cry in particular moments, but the one that makes me cry every single time I listen to it is "Sunny". I don't know why exactly, but It has something so moving and touching. I just cry.

Me too. Well I don't actually cry, but for some reason this song always makes me feel choked up and nostalgic. Now my heart is full makes me feel this way too. Do you think maybe it's the emotions put into the song? You know how some musicians say they try to turn their emotions into music.

Me too. Well I don't actually cry, but for some reason this song always makes me feel choked up and nostalgic. Now my heart is full makes me feel this way too. Do you think maybe it's the emotions put into the song? You know how some musicians say they try to turn their emotions into music.

Yes, it's absolutely about the emotions. There are some songs that touch your heart for the lyrics, some for the music, but in that song, Sunny, I find there is a mix of nostalgia and melancholia which involves lyrics, music, vocals, backing vocals, so that the whole song sounds so touching to me.

I don't know which was the last song I properly cried at (possibly 'Seasick'), but I got a lump in my throat listening to 'Southpaw' today for some reason. I think it was at "And now, there is something that you should know...the girl of your dreams is here all alone". Something about the melody and the way he sings it made me go all melancholy.

Back
Top Bottom