The lyric that made you laugh most from all post-wilderness years songs...

oh well, he's sung it live in his performances....I don't really care, just stop pointing out mistakes. your not a teacher.

No, I'm not...but you could really use one.

The fact that he is referring to a specific past time period in the same sentence makes the chart moot.

Not really. It's the same as saying "it has been sung" by him in his live performances. Mind you, the relative "correctness" of ever-changing grammar and syntax is a moot point all round.

Not really. It's the same as saying "it has been sung" by him in his live performances. Mind you, the relative "correctness" of ever-changing grammar and syntax is a moot point all round.

After doing research, I've found that there are just as pages supporting your stance as there are mine...so, your latter statement is indeed correct and your former statement is true depending on source. So "sung" can slide...that still doesn't excuse "your."

After doing research, I've found that there are just as pages supporting your stance as there are mine...so, your latter statement is indeed correct and your former statement is true depending on source. So "sung" can slide...that still doesn't excuse "your."

The thing with grammar is common usage always wins in the end.

I'm studying English (and Philosophy) at university next year, and I am rarely irked by 'bad' grammar in normal life because it doesn't really matter. Ooh, he spelt 'your' wrong, let me pounce and demonstrate my superiority. Language is fluid. We don't speak without cracking the occasional infinitive.

Anyway, the lyrics that most made me laugh. I think Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice is quite amusing, and "Thursday is pathetic" usually makes me smile. I love the whole message of I Have Forgiven Jesus anyway, I think it's one of his most intelligent attacks in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom