Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Classically Smiths’ ?

made me remember this …

‘Classically Smiths’ ?

made me remember this …

Yes, shame that never got off the ground but it looks like it was never thought out properly in the first place. Looking forward to some of Electronics stuff being played with an Orchestra and hopefully Bernard will turn up to sing on them.

Johnny Marr announces two concerts in Manchester with 30-piece orchestra.

The shows will mark his first 10 years as a solo artist.

"Later this month Marr will also join BBC 6 Music as the station’s latest Artist in Residence, presenting eight new shows broadcast from next Monday (September 18) to Thursday (September 21) and the following Monday (25) to Thursday (28) from 9pm-10pm BST."

This sounds great. I'd love to go.

Can't stand the guy, but it's lucky for Morrissey that Johnny's ego wouldn't allow for a great singer to front his band, otherwise Morrissey's career could have been over before now.

"Later this month Marr will also join BBC 6 Music as the station’s latest Artist in Residence, presenting eight new shows broadcast from next Monday (September 18) to Thursday (September 21) and the following Monday (25) to Thursday (28) from 9pm-10pm BST."

OMG, where does Johnny find the time to do all this? His energy level is off the charts. I'll be tuning in to this for sure. The sad thing in all this is that Morrissey is now never mentioned, just the Smiths and that's his own fault yet again.

‘Classically Smiths’ ?
Yeah, that's where my thoughts went, though it's probably more likely influenced by the work Johnny's done with Hans Zimmer over the past few years. Regardless, with his reaction to both 'Classically Smiths' and Rick Astley, Johnny has shown himself to be surprisingly (and unnecessarily in my opinion) grouchy and possessive when it comes to other artists covering his work. I don't quite understand that attitude if I'm honest, especially when he's been long used to Morrissey's band doing the same, and has never complained.

Anyway - I've got a ticket for the Thursday night - should be an interesting variation on his usual solo gigs, so bring it on! :thumb:

Yeah, that's where my thoughts went, though it's probably more likely influenced by the work Johnny's done with Hans Zimmer over the past few years. Regardless, with his reaction to both 'Classically Smiths' and Rick Astley, Johnny has shown himself to be surprisingly (and unnecessarily in my opinion) grouchy and possessive when it comes to other artists covering his work. I don't quite understand that attitude if I'm honest, especially when he's been long used to Morrissey's band doing the same, and has never complained.

Anyway - I've got a ticket for the Thursday night - should be an interesting variation on his usual solo gigs, so bring it on! :thumb:

Managed to get the Friday night eventually.

‘Classically Smiths’ ?

made me remember this …

Exactly, some 'mate'

The guy's a fraud, like his career post Smiths

Tripe

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom