Fashion Sense?

DannyFisher

Love Morrissey, love him.
One of the things I've always loved and appreciated was his impeccable fashion sense.
On that note can anyone explain the god awful shirts he's been wearing on tour?
The medallions are kinda of a sour point too. It all just seems a little tacky.
This is not mean't to be an attack, just an observation and opinion.
Morrissey has in my opinion always been a class act but I cringe every time I see those V-shirts!

Love Morrissey, love him.
One of the things I've always loved and appreciated was his impeccable fashion sense.
On that note can anyone explain the god awful shirts he's been wearing on tour?
The medallions are kinda of a sour point too. It all just seems a little tacky.
This is not mean't to be an attack, just an observation and opinion.
Morrissey has in my opinion always been a class act but I cringe every time I see those V-shirts!

i like the medallions but on certain people and not over done but yeah the shirt is terrible but watch moz have some super specific reference or something such as a reason for wearing it

Can't exactly say anything about those particular shirts but I found that many things Moz wears or does are inspired by Elvis. There were some shirts last year which looked like that

elvis_speedway_red_jacket.JPG

A friend of mine who is a massive Elvis fan constantly notices things about Moz which remind him of Elvis, especially jewelry. Did Elvis wear medallions? I find this fascinating and telling because I seem to recall that Moz' dad is a massive Elvis fan too. The plot thickens.

Can't exactly say anything about those particular shirts but I found that many things Moz wears or does are inspired by Elvis. There were some shirts last year which looked like that

elvis_speedway_red_jacket.JPG

A friend of mine who is a massive Elvis fan constantly notices things about Moz which remind him of Elvis, especially jewelry. Did Elvis wear medallions? I find this fascinating and telling because I seem to recall that Moz' dad is a massive Elvis fan too. The plot thickens.

Huuuuge Elvis fan myself and I was thinking the same thing. But I think that it is the contention of most that while Elvis's 70's garb was spectacular, it was also pretty cheesy.
Elvis looked badass through the 50's and 60's and then I don't know what happened in the 70's.
It seemed as though spectacle took precedence over style. Accessories were accumulated to a ridiculous degree.
The same thing has happened with others, Johnny Depp comes to mind.
I dunno, I think even a young Morrissey would have a tough time pulling off the current attire.

Last edited:
Huuuuge Elvis fan myself and I was thinking the same thing. But I think that it is the contention of most that while Elvis's 70's garb was spectacular, it was also pretty cheesy.
Elvis looked badass through the 50's and 60's and then I don't know what happened in the 70's.
It seemed as though the spectacle became more important than style. Accessories were accumulated to a ridiculous degree.
The same thing has happened with others, Johnny Depp comes to mind.
I dunno, I think even a young Morrissey would have a tough time pulling off the current attire.

yeah itd be hard for a young moz but it fits him now very well in a way and yeah i think youre right with the whole speed suit bit. makes me think of venture brothers though

Back
Top Bottom