Favorite sound on a Smiths 12" UK Single

So does Well I Wonder.

But I think my favourite is How Soon is Now?

It's like a fairground ride made out of of youthful woe and longing.

Last edited:
Heaven knows I'm miserable now sounds incredibly well to me.

Very interesting! I totally agree. The sound quality of the Rough Trade 12" pressing of HKIMN is superior-- it's almost a new song. I was wondering if anyone else had the same reaction.

Very interesting! I totally agree. The sound quality of the Rough Trade 12" pressing of HKIMN is superior-- it's almost a new song. I was wondering if anyone else had the same reaction.

What is it? The guitars? The EQ perhaps?...

I like this thread but I thought it meant something else. I was looking for "at 2:37 on track such and such Morrissey (or Marr or one of the others) hits a note that sounds like (poetic metaphor)"

Good thread, I only have 3 12"s though so I wouldn't be able to comment. I do think the sound and dynamics are infinitely better on the 12"s with one track per side, but I suppose that's the norm with vinyl mastering

What is it? The guitars? The EQ perhaps?...

I have no idea. I don't have any technical knowledge of why these things are different. The pressing is just brighter and more sparkling than the other versions, and-- although it's an extremely slight difference, almost barely noticeable-- the version sounds sped up.

Back
Top Bottom