Fiona Dodwell: "Ringleader in Reflection: A Look Back at Morrissey’s 2006 Album, Ringleader of The Tormentors" (March 31, 2021)

1*jDZZ-lmwb1XVZbQnbKQrgA.jpeg

Ringleader in Reflection: A Look Back at Morrissey’s 2006 Album, Ringleader of The Tormentors

Screenshot_20210331-194756~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

If any of you are feeling a little down at the moment, do give this article a read. It's hilarious!

If this was a press release or something like that, it would have been fine. But as an analysis or commemorative piece, it’s just not good enough. Her heart’s in the right place, but she really should dig deeper when she writes these articles. However, she did get Alain along, which of course is a plus.

Her heart’s in the right place
I'm not sure it is. These 'articles' are for the benefit of one person alone and that person isn't Morrissey. It does him no good at all to be pursued by a slightly unhinged hagiographer like Dodwell.

I'm not sure it is. These 'articles' are for the benefit of one person alone and that person isn't Morrissey. It does him no good at all to be pursued by a slightly unhinged hagiographer like Dodwell.
I agree, but I just meant that in her mind she’s doing a good thing, thinking she is doing Moz a favor. She isn’t, but until someone from Camp Moz tells her to stop, she will keep going.

I agree, but I just meant that in her mind she’s doing a good thing, thinking she is doing Moz a favor. She isn’t, but until someone from Camp Moz tells her to stop, she will keep going.
The same applies to Sam, but it would be more difficult to keep him away because he’s a family member

she did get Alain along, which of course is a plus.
Morrissey: Alain's a bit of a simpleton, you know.
Me: Shut up, you're just jealous.

(later...)
Morrissey: Alain collaborates with my Fiona.
Me: Oh no!! Alain's a bit of a simpleton!!

The same applies to Sam, but it would be more difficult to keep him away because he’s a family member
Very true. He is of course a much greater concern than Fiona, just based on the way he handles Central.

Ah, Fifi, no, thank you.
Although I have to admit that I did not have "Article featuring both Fiona and Alain appearing on official channels" on my 2021 Ringleader anniversary card.

Now a Central post as well.

Last edited:
Without reading the article, I just want to take the opportunity to say this is one of my favorite Morrissey albums. I find it astonishing. One of the reasons I never post around here is while I was so blown away by this album, it was getting so much hate here that I just felt completely alienated (a Morrissey fan!??) and confused and turned off by everybody. If I'm being honest.

I just think this is one of his masterpieces, especially the second half. I really think it is brilliant as a cohesive conceptual album but also song by song. I love the production, the sound, the arrangements. My main criticism is some of the lyrics could be better at times, but there's some amazing ones too.

Last edited:
She uses superlatives, that I otherwise only know from the late Morrissey to underline his value and relevance. By the "undeniable greatness" of LIHL: Just No!

The only person she’s trying to do a favour to is her failing career. Give it up Dodwell, you’re an embarrassment.

I haven't read the article, but Ringleader still stands out as a strong Morrissey album. It's not perfect, but there are some mature and thoughtful lyrics and there is also some ambition.

It deserved the positive reviews that it received upon release.

Yes , that's ALL it's about .
Agree 100% .
You would have to be pretty stupid to fall for her shite

This article is better than her typical work. Faint praise, I know, but focusing on the anniversary of a release and supplying a few facts along with quotes from Alain Whyte is a much better idea than writing another article about how poor Morrissey is such a misunderstood martyr.
I don't get how she thinks Jesse Tobias added a new rock edge. It's like she never heard mid-90's Morrissey. And I think Mikey Farrell was really important in the Ringleaders era and deserves a mention. But she probably has to be careful what she says about people Morrissey used to work with in case he takes offense and banishes her to wherever Julia is now.

I do wish this woman would piss off. She’s beyond desperate for any acknowledgement
Fiona’s latest fad.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom