Glasgow - The SSE Hydro (Feb. 17, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / How Soon Is Now? / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
It makes for a powerful dynamic. The art that fascinates Morrissey is, on the whole, from the past; images of Peter Wyngarde and Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley covers. But, when it comes to his own art, it's all about now, his new songs, his new album.

Largely but not always the movie reference in home is a question mark is fairly recent and modern. He’s also praised some modern musicians here and there. Didn’t he once praise System of a Down and the artist that was supposed to have inspired the intro of kiss me a lot was a modern one I believe. Can’t remember his name now

I wonder if the top entry on this list, Lynne Barry refers to Girl Unafraid, another prolific poster here from years gone by. I wonder why she wasn’t deemed a threat to Morrissey’s security much like Hugh was?

Personally: I’d love to see Felton banned. Full of his own self importance that one.

Headed off to Glasgow to Watch the World Cup final and got a nothing each at Rugdy Park.

Never fail to be amazed at the commitment of the anonymous and negative bell ends. Probably the most effort you’ve put into anything in your lives.

Like a pissed auntie at a family party who claims she hates the whole crowd but still turns up to gorge on the free buffet. She’s always the first up and the first to want to take a plate home to tuck into when she’s crying at home. Daft twats.

Am I the only one that believes that his current band is the weakest through the years? Of course excluding Boz. I think he's the one that has maintained the spark on live shows (or even on records). Just talking about the band.
Moz of course is the one I love. And always always gives his best on every show or album. Voice, lyrics and presence is everything.
Boz drags himself through the shows with all of the passion of a man in line at the Department of Motor Vehicles and has for years. He could replace the lot of them. There's only one name on the marquee.

Shirt toss for the frinkers:

One of the tweets (and discussion thereafter) that appears to have fuelled the media:

I posted this yesterday when it appeared at 10:18pm, but thought better of it and deleted it as the gig feedback was positive everywhere else.
Woke up to find local rags spinning it in to far, far more than it was.
Same as it ever was.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
What have Huddersfield Town got to do with Leeds?? Being a Town fan i take great exception to your comment. There is a lot of dislike for Leeds United at Town. There has never been an association between Leeds and Huddersfield. Get your map out. Oh and by the way we beat you 2-1 at the start of the season with a player budget a fraction of United’s and we are a Town not the third largest city. We are the true underdog in the Premier League and i’d Like to think that Moz and fans would love and respect that.
Jonny the Vegan Terrier
We all hate Leeds scum. I believe many Hudds fans joined in the singing and Moz is going to Leeds hence the reference. You've lost twice to United in a fortnight now loser and relegation awaits ya not only this season but the next as well so have fun in League One.

Jack The Smoke Machine:

2 images via Mando's instagram (click right arrow on image):

His 'live' story confirms the band have crossed via ferry to Ireland already.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The irony of Huddersfield having a manager named Wagner but playing like the manager was Johnny Rotten. Hudds can only play in gale force winds cause that's the only time the way they play makes any sense. What a stinky little shithole Huddersfield is.

The irony of Huddersfield having a manager named Wagner but playing like the manager was Johnny Rotten. Hudds can only play in gale force winds cause that's the only time the way they play makes any sense. What a stinky little shithole Huddersfield is.
I was in Huddersfield recently.
People very friendly, excellent coffee houses, 2nd hand vynl shop and wonderful Harold Wilson statue. Who could ask for more?

Very old lady fingers. Are Lynne and her fat bloke from Wankchester still smelling from their house fire?

That fire was horrific. His poor dog not surviving made me cry.
What I don't get is he did such wonderful things for the community and loved his dog but flipped and got all aggressive when it came to anything Morrissey.
I hope they were able to rebuild their lives.

It turned out to be a good night, however subdued I may have felt. I didn't notice the walk out,it wasn't that bad,the press are just exaggerating in my view. I'm not impressed by Nicolawhateverher name is .I can't stand the SNP. Considering morrissey's views on Scottish independence, I would say he has been a little misunderstood here.

It makes for a powerful dynamic. The art that fascinates Morrissey is, on the whole, from the past; images of Peter Wyngarde and Bruce Lee, Elvis Presley covers. But, when it comes to his own art, it's all about now, his new songs, his new album.

agree, though... those past artists inform his present work, even if only in spirit.

Lovely people those Glaswegians are NOT. They welcome you with the phrase "I will knock your teeth right oot" wherever you go. Ended with us beating a Celtic fan to a pulp and he was shouting abuse as he left but by then he had no teeth left to knock oot. I was the one that started the brawl inside the venue and where were you lot then?

That fire was horrific. His poor dog not surviving made me cry.
What I don't get is he did such wonderful things for the community and loved his dog but flipped and got all aggressive when it came to anything Morrissey.
I hope they were able to rebuild their lives.
Knowing what he looked like no wonder the world was against him and you will never find a happy City fan not even when they win cause they are so far behind they know they will never get better than their rival. Morrissey is a United fan and the Munich tribute says it all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom