Morrissey Central "Gold." (April 29, 2023)

Unknown-2.jpeg

The Smiths single 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' has certified as Gold in the UK, selling over 400,000 copies.

0be15b93-37f3-466a-b522-f567b4bd610f.jpg

Such a fire song and TOTP performance. I often wondered if M hated that he released that song as a single . It seems like that song gave him the "miserable" tag, for life
Awesome tune. Funny, I was speaking to someone about this at the Moz Army event. Nice to see Jon Robb there and nice to see Jamie Harding is still alive and with his woman. I remember he had to do time for setting her clothing on fire . 😂
Bit of a sad case , happy he is still alive though though.
People were pretty chill

Crumbs where they can be gathered, eh?
In this one, big is the heat of hatred!

If I recall rightly, Uncleskinny and another poster called Mr Reynolds used to upload song leaks on YouTube and for download, some of which are still online. As Mr Reynolds was a music studio hand, so perhaps was Uncleskinny, or record company executive, on whose proposals Morrissey may once have passed, thereby causing unforgiveable enmity? Just surmising.

Who did you originally think Morrissey was; what did you expect of him, for such disappointment to fester? Is it possible these expectations are unrealistic? He's always been an alternative indie musician, meaning not mainstream, not readily chart-topping, award-winning or globe-renowned. Are you grieving all this time for wanting him to be something he's not and never was or will be? Or is it something else?

Your painful cries are uncomfortable for others they're thrust upon, so it would help everyone if you could resolve that chronic bitterness.

In this one, big is the heat of hatred!

If I recall rightly, Uncleskinny and another poster called Mr Reynolds used to upload song leaks on YouTube and for download, some of which are still online. As Mr Reynolds was a music studio hand, so perhaps was Uncleskinny, or record company executive, on whose proposals Morrissey may once have passed, thereby causing unforgiveable enmity? Just surmising.

Who did you originally think Morrissey was; what did you expect of him, for such disappointment to fester? Is it possible these expectations are unrealistic? He's always been an alternative indie musician, meaning not mainstream, not readily chart-topping, award-winning or globe-renowned. Are you grieving all this time for wanting him to be something he's not and never was or will be? Or is it something else?

Your painful cries are uncomfortable for others they're thrust upon, so it would help everyone if you could resolve that chronic bitterness.
THE BEST THINGS USUALLY HAVE THOSE CHARACTERISTICS. No awards, some other, no massive fame, no number one in the sales charts... But number one in good taste, number one in the hearts of his true fans. I love that Moz isn't for everyone, it makes me feel like we're an elite. Elite who have something crazy like our Mozulissss

Ridiculous. The kids are into vinyl now and what better records to have than these? Morrissey could probably use the money.
Compilations containing these singles and b-sides are readily available.

I don't think either Morrissey or Marr think particularly highly of this particular song. The bassline is killer though.

Compilations containing these singles and b-sides are readily available.
There are hundreds of millions of people that turn independent-music-listening age every single year. Lots of music is not available to stream, some music was previously available to stream and now is not, and the fact is these are just a couple of reasons why lots of people don’t prefer streaming subscriptions to physical format albums.

You seem overly invested and overly dour in your opposition to other fans having access to these amazing and beautiful songs in what was always traditional and classic listening format. Nothing outrageous was suggested, whereas your opposition does comes off as weird

There are hundreds of millions of people that turn independent-music-listening age every single year. Lots of music is not available to stream, some music was previously available to stream and now is not, and the fact is these are just a couple of reasons why lots of people don’t prefer streaming subscriptions to physical format albums.

You seem overly invested and overly dour in your opposition to other fans having access to these amazing and beautiful songs in what was always traditional and classic listening format. Nothing outrageous was suggested, whereas your opposition does comes off as weird
My opposition to what? The endless re-releasing of old, readily available material? I never once mentioned or implied streaming as an alternative to physically owning records. The Smiths' records are readily available for purchase on vinyl right now. I don't think there's anything "weird" about objecting to the idea of re-releasing every Smiths 12" single, that's just consumerism for consumerism's sake. You seem to have read into my brief posts on the subject and seen things that simply aren't there, that strikes me as pretty weird.

My opposition to what? The endless re-releasing of old, readily available material? I never once mentioned or implied streaming as an alternative to physically owning records. The Smiths' records are readily available for purchase on vinyl right now. I don't think there's anything "weird" about objecting to the idea of re-releasing every Smiths 12" single, that's just consumerism for consumerism's sake. You seem to have read into my brief posts on the subject and seen things that simply aren't there, that strikes me as pretty weird.
What i understood and the only thing i still understand from your posts is the implication that any listeners who want those particular records should be told “tough shit” and that they either should go listen to the songs elsewhere in a different format (but they still don’t need to own those records, according to you) or, they should try to buy those exact records somewhere, used.

That is what the two options should be for anyone who might want those particular records, according to you. I don’t think i misunderstood or read anything extra at all into your posts.

What i understood and the only thing i still understand from your posts is the implication that any listeners who want those particular records should be told “tough shit” and that they either should go listen to the songs elsewhere in a different format (but they still don’t need to own those records, according to you) or, they should try to buy those exact records somewhere, used.

That is what the two options should be for anyone who might want those particular records, according to you. I don’t think i misunderstood or read anything extra at all into your posts.
At least you are honest about your lack of understanding. People that want to hear Smiths b-sides don't typically go searching for the 12" records when the compilations are readily available. I said nothing about different formats. I don't think young bands wanting to put their first record out should have to wait because Morrissey and Marr want to reissue every Smiths 12".

At least you are honest about your lack of understanding. People that want to hear Smiths b-sides don't typically go searching for the 12" records when the compilations are readily available. I said nothing about different formats. I don't think young bands wanting to put their first record out should have to wait because Morrissey and Marr want to reissue every Smiths 12".
Ok whatevvs, Trevs :crazy:

My understanding of what you typed was spot on, based on exactly what you typed :crazy::crazy:

The fact that you now decided to type something completely different in response has nothing to do with the original conversation that you responded to, or with what you previously typed until now, which is the only thing anyone could have responded to :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Ok whatevvs, Trevs :crazy:

My understanding of what you typed was spot on, based on exactly what you typed :crazy::crazy:

The fact that you now decided to type something completely different in response has nothing to do with the original conversation that you responded to, or with what you previously typed until now, which is the only thing anyone could have responded to :crazy::crazy::crazy:
You're clearly none too bright. A pity.

You're clearly none too bright. A pity.
Here, let me help you, because you’re the only one in this thread that has shown evidence of not being bright:

1. A couple of people stated that they would love to see The Smiths 12” reissued, because they would love to own those records, remastered
2. You stated the songs already exist on compilations
3. You stated this to people who already own all of the songs, and who weren’t talking about the songs

And then despite that the conversation innocuously continued with the mention of some other reasons why lots of people on planet earth might appreciate being able to buy those records, you were amazingly obnoxious in all your retorts that followed.

Absolutely DIRE.

More posting on The Smiths' FB.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom